Any Soundgarden fans around here?

Started by meanstreak, Aug 19, 2010, 03:27:23 PM

Author
Any Soundgarden fans around here? (Read 1,633 times)

meanstreak

They've got a new career retrospective coming out, the deluxe with 2 CD/1 DVD includes all the music videos too.  There's also a "new" old song on it called Black Rain that is awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Telephantasm-2-CD-1-DVD/dp/tracks/B003Y3BMFW/ref=dp_tracks_all_2#disc_2

meanstreak

sorry.....thought I had posted in the music board.....someone please move!!

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

SPOON MAN, COME TOGETHER WITH YOUR HANDS.. SAVE ME!!!!!

SOUNDGARDEN FTW!

SM

SM

I only really got into them just before they split up, but dearly love Superunknown.  Awesome album.

RIP Chris Cornell.
Fell on Black Days. :-((

Whiskeybrewer

Fubar man  :'(

D. Compton Ambrose

RIP you ingenious songwriter. I shall drink to the dead tonight. Say hello to David Bowie and Prince for us! I really hope 2017 doesn't turn out like 2016. On a side/lighter note, use Black Hole Sun in an Alien film would be amazing.

Xan21

Xan21

Jeesh couldn't believe the news... r.i.p.

Blood Warrior

Not a huge fan, but they were big when I was in junior high.  Everyone had Superunknown back then.  I think I still have it too.

SuicideDoors

He's actually my hero. I'm first and foremost a Chris Cornell fan, then Temple of the Dog, then Soundgarden/Audioslave. I saw him for the first time live in 2007 supporting Aerosmith at Hyde Park and for the last time last year in Bristol on his Higher Truth tour.

Not ashamed to admit I was balling on Thursday night and have had a knot in my stomach since. I think it helps to talk about these things though and I've been talking to my brother lot who is similarly a fan of Chris and the whole Seattle scene.

Just a few recommendations for those that haven't explored his works outside of the bands he was in:

Seasons - Singles Soundtrack
Promise ft. Slash - Slash
Sunshower - Great Expectations soundtrack
She'll Never be Your Man - Carry On
Scar on the Sky - Carry On
Two Drinks Minimum - Scream
Long Gone - Scream
Time - Scream
Never Far Away - Scream
Only These Words - Higher Truth
Murderer of Blue Skies - Higher Truth
Josephine - Higher Truth
Before We Disappear - Higher Truth
Pillar Of Your Bones - Euphoria Morning
Follow My Way - Euphoria Morning

Absolutely heartbroken and his music was everything to me. I hope you find peace Chris :( god bless his wife and children, if my heart is this heavy the grief they must be experiencing will be tragic.

echobbase79

I always enjoyed the collaboration between him and Eddie Vedder on the song Hunger Strike. He had a very unique voice that stood out. Soundgarden's first record is one of the best debut albums ever.

RIP

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed