Just try to picture a confident, calculated and beautiful female assassin. It's a strange mix.
It's not like she has no problems, she's just a total ace at what she does best.
She's the kind of chick that would choke a guy to the point of unconsciousness, tie him to the floor, take off her shoes, and poor a bottle of wine and listen to music until he wakes up-- at which point, she'd gladly cut his life short.
Now I think would be the ideal time to tell you I am brainstorming/doing designs for a comic series right now.. pretty awesome thoughts so far, I'm thinking along the lines of the main character being either a company/freelance assassin... and it's a she. I'm thinking of names, and drawing designs, but I know it will be an intergalactic story that is at times darkly comedic (ala Dexter). I'm thinking of the expanse of the galaxy and if there should be a variety of other species living along side humans, or just humans.
Juliana Emerson has a penthouse with an amazing view over Manifest City, of the 'space state' Manifest, in orbit of Earth.
I'm going to be asking AvP Galaxy for different opinions, and certain members will make cameo appearances in it, but with different names.
Further character analysis:
It can really be anything. The strange thing about this woman is that she enjoys the things that anybody would, music, money, sex, alcohol... She isn't exactly immune to temptation.
I haven't made any official designs but from the moment of imagined her, she had a headset and long ponytail. For hair color, I'm thinking either orange or brunette.
...It's a dirty, dark, glamorously twistedly sci-fi story.
Be sure to send feedback, uh, back, and I'll be sure to keep you posted (I'm currently doing concept sketches- I've done one semi-realistic version of her face, and a couple more animated facial experimentation that are pretty comedic
Now, that was just the initial briefing, and all of it is subject to change. The title "Fatale" is just a temporary title until I have actually named it
Events from Around The Galaxy
2157 - First Contact
- Human exploratory vessel encounters a salvage drone and tracks it back to its source: a pirate vessel with a multi-racial extra-terrestrial crew.
- They’re fired upon in ship to ship combat, but the humans manage to board the ship and take the majority of the crew captive; both parties are taken aback by the others’ intelligence.
- After much research and communication between the parties, the pirate crew is freed on the condition that they take the humans to their inter-species political hub world of Sigmus; pirates risk incarceration.
- Upon arrival at Sigmus, there is an initial standoff due to the pirate-branded and unidentified human alien vessels.
- When flagged in, the pirates are praised for use of relative tactfulness in their discovery instead of being penalized for their status.
- Without a specific ambassador, the science vessel’s crew relays the world’s coordinates to all of Earth’s nations and their colonies along with a message simply mentioning that they’ve discovered a commune of life of equal or greater intelligence, - Humanity is greeted by each Council Race’s ambassadors and a plethora of archived knowledge from each civilization is shared with them, ranging from worlds, coordinates, history, arts, to biology and beyond.
- With an equally in-depth display of shared culture Humanity is welcomed into the G
nion at an introductory level.
- The rest of Humanity’s greatest minds (or personalities, at least), scientists, politicians, and humanitarians (irony not lost), soon arrive at Sigmus.
- A renaissance of shared culture and knowledge begins in celebration of contact, initial reception toward humanity is warm and interspecies friendships and business alliances blossom quickly.
- Upon further inspection of Humanity’s self-destructive history, some are quick to judge their hasty acceptance into the GCU—most prominently powerful Ramnent political and military figures.
2160 – Ken Karrington is born
2167 – Luke Tarhn is born on Sigmus
- It is decided that human armories will not accept laser weaponry technologies until it is developed and registered by mainstream human manufacturers.
2177 – Juliet Turner is born
2185 – Quote UnQuote Media Group is formed
2188 – Quote UnQuote Media branches out to human colonies throughout the galaxy
2190 – Zachary Hamlyn is born to Dr. Peter Hamlyn
2191 – David Karrington is born to Ken Karrington and Desiree Langley
2195 – Conflict arises on the Ramnent Homeworld of Trovial
- Humanity is inducted into the decisive council arm of the GCU, allowing an official say in interstellar affairs.
- A standoff from a large portion of Ramnent that wish to disband from both the GCU and combined Ramnent governments in protest of Humanity’s induction begins.
- Civil unrest breaks out and the problem turns into all out warfare, creating a separatist group of Ramnent, branded terrorists; the GCU attempts to suppress the issue quickly enough as not to alert the human governments, but the situation is too far out of hand; the GCU and Ramnent Separatists enter a cold war.
2197 – Ken Karrington goes into hiding off Earth due to what was reported publically as a major security threat, separating him from David
- Ken makes the decision to leave Quote UnQuote MG to David, and for it to be managed by the board of investors and executives until David comes of age… or whenever he deems himself fit to be CEO.
- Ken also leaves his most highly entrusted security chief with David; Jonathan Ellis, a former bounty hunter and mercenary.
- Ellis is instructed to teach David how to protect himself physically, Charles Lexton, the by-the-book corporate lawyer, is instructed to teach him how to work the business—and better than anybody else is capable of.
- Furious with the sudden departure, Desiree leaves Dave to be raised by the system— too young to grasp the situation, Dave does not object either departure.
2198 – Seth Fitzgerald is born
2204 – Juliana Emerson is born
- David attempts training with Ellis, but turns it down out of frustration and confusion for why it’s necessary; Ellis pleads for him to stay with it, but the training is ultimately aborted.
2205 – First open attack against humanity by the Ramnent Separatists at the Human Embassy on Sigmus
- Humanity establishes a military presence on Trovial, primarily headed by the USDF.
- Quote UnQuote Media Group becomes simply ‘Quote UnQuote’ and creates separate focus divisions.
- Months later, open combat begins; Trovial becomes a military concentrated hotspot.
- Alyssa Jansen is born
to Thomas Jansen and Ellen Wright.
2207 – The United States issues the beginning of construction on Manifest: The 51st Earthbound State
- At roughly 8,240 km² on a flat surface and rounded base, it is branded one of the most ambitious construction operations in the history of any known race.
- Its quantum core, a bulbous chrome half-sphere protruding from the bottom of the state used to distribute even gravity and act as a point of center mass while maintaining structural integrity, is considered a technological revelation; its creator is a young boy of 17 years of age—Zachary Hamlyn.
- Lauded by his peers and already of considerable power and status, Zachary is considered as much of a wonder as his technological breakthrough.
- His father publically speaks out against him, claiming the breakthrough was his own, and upon rejection, disappears from the public eye.
2208 – Zachary Hamlyn, like his father, disappears from the public eye, taking his new personal cruiser and a limited crew of staff, potential business partners, and peers in the scientific community on an exploratory voyage.
- The crew returns with an ambitious and new collective purpose.
- With combined resources, brainpower, and an immeasurably powerful financial backing, the Nucleus Corporation is formed with branches in all forms of sciences and technologies.
- The corporation is the brainchild of its brave leader and CEO, Zarian Hannek; a man with unprecedented vision that some consider near-prophetic.
- What exactly was accomplished on the voyage is a public mystery; even a wide majority of the crew is unaware of what had transpired.
2209 – Manifest’s base construction and terraforming project is completed
- The city and surrounding establishments begin construction in full force.
- Many plots are bid upon and bought out by high power corporations, with Quote UnQuote cooperating with the US government, covering the construction, hosting the establishment auctions, and laying plans to place their corporate headquarters on-site in the Manifest City Metro area.
- Thomas Jansen and Ellen Wright split up on mutual ground; the both see new people, but Ellen, with more luck—if it is to be considered as so—becomes the wife of a wealthy senator.
- In an ironic turn of events, custody of Alyssa turns to Thomas.
2210 – Manifest begins populating, growing at incredibly promising rates
- It quickly becomes a Galaxy-known hub for entertainment, business and recreation the way only a land in the stars can.
2211 – Thomas Jansen must leave his daughter in the custody of his best friends Robert and Emma Matthews when he’s called upon for active duty on Trovial.
- Robert, a Lieutenant in the Manifest City Police Department, accepts responsibility for her, but cannot promise how she’ll turn out without her real father around; Thomas’ tour is not given a specified end period – Ellen agrees to fund Alyssa’s education and living costs.
2213 – The CIA begins investigating interplanetary affairs with special interspecies joint operation groups, effectively becoming a sub-division of the GCU, though still belonging to the United States.
- A large focus of the investigation is rooting out a rumored splinter military group from Trovial that look to sever all relations with extraterrestrial life for the human race completely under the belief that the rest of Humanity’s advancements would be given to them by others; the group mirrors the Ramnent Separatists.
- The investigation spans multiple planets and military field stations, but is ultimately reported as a dry well.
2216 – Dr. Luke Tarhn is arrested after turning on his colleagues at Brighton Bio-Technologies, upon the turn down of his proposal to merge human and alien DNA to create and effective begin advanced evolutionary line of humans, for which he’d already began studying upon with dead Ramnent.
- After taking the main facility with a group of contactors, he was overwhelmed by a sizeable military police group—but not before indirectly causing the deaths of half of his former colleagues.
2219 – David Karrington’s mother, Desiree Langley dies of alcohol poisoning, alone in her apartment
- David pays for the funeral service but does not attend.
2221 – Juliana moves to Manifest to attend the Manifest State University; a rare and prestigious opportunity.
- Déjà vu becomes a recognized prevalent phenomenon on Manifest amongst its visitors and citizens, giving the state a unique quality; most believe the buzz to be a publicity gimmick, but it causes much study into the unique anatomy of its construction – conspiracy theorists have a field day.
2222 – David Karrington meets Juliana Emerson working as a waitress in an upscale restaurant to pay off her college debts; the two immediately develop a strong friendship.
- Quote UnQuote’s reputation gains an energetic boost as David Karrington steps into the forefront of the public view, displaying confidence, charm, and a refreshing lack of corporate censorship, reforming the media outlook to its former glory.
- [EVENTS WITHHELD]
- Juliana Emerson leaves her job and joins Quote UnQuote working her way up abnormally fast from a secretary to the Head Manager of Public Relations for Manifest affairs.
2223 – Juliana Emerson becomes a figure of adoration in the eyes of Manifest’s citizens and beyond for her and QU’s charity and community work.
- Alyssa Jansen enters basic training to become a Ranger in the USDF, acing all tests, deemed mentally and physically prepared but is ultimately talked out of it by Matthews who begs of her not to follow her father.
- Whether it was his intent or a completely independent decision to make something of her training, Alyssa enters the Manifest state Academy of Law and Protective Measures, coming out prepared to be an officer of the MCPD, covering the SWAT, Homicide, and Narcotics divisions—very specific in turning down work in Vice and Cyber Regulation.
2225 – Fighting intensifies on Trovial as strikes against the Ramnent people (amongst other races) are made by a group that leaves a ghost trail with no leads except for the fact that they are in fact human.
- This causes a CIA/GCU resurgence in the wake of events to attempt to extract intelligence on Trovial and other Ramnent colonies.
- New energy weapons, using laser and plasma technologies appear in the hands of Ramnent soldiers on Trovial that appear to be of human design; no armory or manufacturer specified; this suddenly results in untreatable wounds and infections amongst human soldiers affected.
- Nucleus responds to this by being the first human manufacturer to develop direct energy weapons and distribute the technology.
- Quote UnQuote scoops the story and puts Nucleus in a very negative light, being heavily critical about the development of energy weapons by a human manufacturer and the damages it can cause in domestic scenarios, going as far as to liken it to the development of the atom bomb.
- David Karrington and Zarian Hannek themselves debate on-air over the issue uncut for over an hour; the end result is perceived by the viewers as a deep respect and even chemistry between the two CEOs, making the debate the highest rated in history.
- After a tense back and forth and endless debate, Quote UnQuote resolve their issues by starting a charity (hosted by Charles Lexton’s law firm, Lexton & Associates) to support the families of the soldiers and other personnel affected by the weaponry abroad.
2226 – Staff Sergeant Seth Fitzgerald receives a dishonorable discharge from USDF service on Trovial after being allegedly implicated with aiding in the destruction of a Ramnent town, killing many innocents in the process.
- Though the nature of his direct involvement is false, his presence in the battle preceding it was confirmed; few are aware of his innocence.
2230 – Juliana Emerson is presented with the title of ‘Queen of Manifest’, a first time honor created based solely on Juliana’s display of excellence.
2231 – Luke Tarhn is sprung from prison in force by an unknown benefactor
- More Ramnent deaths, tied to and identified as the work of Tarhn on Manifest, along with Ramnent bodies going missing; military is alerted and look for options to secure the situation as fast as possible
- Ramnent Separatists use the reports on Tarhn as justification firepower to their cause; Tarhn’s actions, and those of whoever are aiding him, become the biggest known threat to the GCU’s relationship with humanity.
- Juliana returns to Manifest the night before New Years Eve to finish a job, and to soon begin another that will change her life and the delicate GCU forever.
2232 – Fatale begins
Season 1 Timeframe:
(Do Not Read If Incomplete or Awaiting S1R
December 30th, 2231
– The night Juliana arrives in Manifest and kills Tim in the Full Tilt Hotel & Casino.December 31st, 2231
– Quote UnQuote NYE Party, Juliana meets Juliet, Jansen finds evidence attaching Juliana to Tim.January 1st, 2232
– Juliana and QU accept Tarhn contract.January 23rd, 2232
– Juliana finds link to Fitzgerald through Tarhn’s ex-cellmates, Juliana is confronted by Jansen on the DNA trace after the request to have Juliana brought in for questioning is finally passed.January 24th, 2232
– At night, Juliana confronts the final cell-mate, and is intercepted by Juliet.January 25th, 2232
– The ‘Manifest Night’, QUSF formed.January 26th, 2232
– Fitzgerald accepted into Quote UnQuote, the QU team tipped off about Nucleus and vice-versa.February 7th, 2232
– The QU team plots where and how to hit Nucleus, landing on the Bio-Engineering Facility.February 8th, 2232
– Juliana and Fitz hit the facility, Don’t Quote Me Club opens.
-Three Months Later-May 15th, 2232
– Jansen called in to the newly repaired Bio-Engineering Facility, propositioned by Zarian to board the Celestial Mast; Juliana brings Manny to QU, propositioned by Weaver & Keane to board the Celestial Mast.May 16th, 2232
– Mid-day, Juliana and Jansen board the Mast and confront each other, Juliana captured, Jansen unconscious in vacuum - later that night, Juliana escapes captivity and is ‘killed’ - Jansen heads back to MCPD HQ.May 17th, 2232
– Very early morning, Juliana is revived by the CIA, heads back to her penthouse, Jansen arrives back at MCPD HQ and is confronted by Weaver & Keane with a warning – Juliana arrives back home, contacts QU alluding to resignation, and calls Jack – Later that morning Jack comes over and later convinces her to go back to QU, meanwhile Jansen prepares to legally move on Nucleus as Zarian declares it a rogue cell, requesting help from police and military forces – early that night, Juliana arrives back at QU HQ and Jansen’s convoy is ambushed.
Jansen manages to ward off Weaver & Keane with her entire team killed and decides to head to QU HQ in search of help and possibly joining their inevitable hand in the assault on Nucleus, Juliana and the QU team devise a plan to take down Nucleus–Manifest. The night carries on late, a renaissance of communications and intelligence gathering; Jansen calls Matthews and tells him about what happened to her team… and that it was a Nucleus patrol crew that did it, to cover her own tracks; she bids him one last goodbye, informing him that she’ll be joining the QUSF on the Nucleus-Manifest assault. QU makes a PSA followed by full live coverage, stating that certain metro boroughs should be evacuated for the next few days, traffic being shut down in an alert stage. Before Jansen makes her statement, she notices Weaver & Keane; before she can do anything, she’s confronted by Juliet and a crew of QUSF marines.May 19th, 2232
– Juliana provides overwatch on Nucleus-Manifest HQ from a distance, and is later called back to prepare for the assault – Jansen is prepped to be transported to the QU sciences facility in an evacuated metro district – Juliana makes the final preparations and Seelis locates the tracker data on Tarhn within the locked down Nucleus HQ.May 20th, 2232
– The assault on Nucleus HQ begins in the early evening – Jansen escapes, Juliana retrieves Tarhn’s tracker with Zarian’s assistance – Juliana hunts for Jansen in the science facility, finding her and throwing her into a cryo tube that she begins to attempt escaping, but ultimately passes out, likely dying – Juliana heads back to QU HQ – The assault on Nucleus HQ dies down and along with it, Seelis, after transferring the tracker data to a hardcopy and dying from past wounds - Juliet lifts the copy off of Fitzgerald during or after intercourse – Later, back at QU HQ, Juliana strikes down Juliet in vengeful frustration of losing the Tarhn case and being forced to radically alter her personal operation.May 24th, 2232
– Quote UnQuote Tarhn threat wrap-up gathering – Juliana leaves Quote UnQuote without mentioning anything, stealing the right-hand GMG, off to kill Tarhn – She calls Juliet and says goodbye before she prepares to end things once and for all.
Late that night, Juliana gets to Tarhn, easily dispatching his escort mercs and before she can kill him is interrupted by Juliet, who once again snatches Tarhn from her grasp – She pursues into the Full-Tilt all the way up to Timothy’s penthouse suite where she finds Juliet waiting for her, Tarhn taken into custody. It’s all over.
Old Pre-Wacom Concept Art:
This is a semi-realistic look at her face. In the actual versions, she won't be this detailed, but this gives an interesting look at her emotions and a detailed depiction of her headset."Every Girl Deserves to Go To A Ball!"
To be honest.. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I started drawing this one
It evolved into a scenario in which she is dressed up in fancy clothing, and she loses her temper at something, thus extending her headset.
As I stated to Drago-Morph: "This is type of woman, that if she failed an assassination, she would head to the nearest bar/club, and drink herself half to death, and talk the ear off of the guy next to her, while twirling her hair and squeezing his cheeks"
. This picture shows her after a rough/failed assassination, preparing to get all liquored up. Casual clothes were a no-brainer."Honey, I'm-"
(My Personal Favorite)
I'm still working on plot details as to who the man in the doorway is, but that wasn't my focus while drawing. I just wanted a sort of "caught in the act" expression for the concept art page, and this, I find, emulates that with greatness. I also find it to be very darkly comedic, what with the blood-soaked arm and knife.. In hind sight, this really is more of a drawing than concept sketch.