Sylizar's Art Thread (Full of Wonder and Magic and Scary Stuff)

Started by Sylizar, Aug 03, 2010, 08:19:46 PM

Author
Sylizar's Art Thread (Full of Wonder and Magic and Scary Stuff) (Read 12,373 times)

Sylizar

Sylizar

Now I'm not sure if you guys allow art other than A/P related stuff, so if it's out of bounds, feel free to move it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is a piece I did a little before school ended, but haven't uploaded yet to DeviantArt 'cause I'm lazy (I kid, I'm tryin' to fix up ALL the Sylizar related stuff before I upload 'em).

Basically, I brought it here because you guys know your creatures ;) and I figured it'd be a good place to start. Just a little more here though, this is the original version. I have another version I'm doing (hopefully) tonight (or in the coming days) that'll have a LOT more additions, including Hydralisk-style mandibles covering his mouth, fixed details, and a body. So without further adieu.

Ah, my baby! So, any comments or suggestions? Questions even?

chazo136

chazo136

i like it.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Thanks man.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

What is it exactly?

Sylizar

Sylizar

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Aug 04, 2010, 08:51:57 AM
What is it exactly?

Well, it is a parasite that, upon arrival to Earth, began to grow on its natural evolution rate to become an intergalactic planet devourer.

It's alot more complicated than that, but it should give a basic idea.

chazo136

chazo136

still cool anyway :)

Sylizar

Sylizar

:D

chazo136

chazo136

;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Honestly the first thing that popped in my mind was an Alien that bursted from that giant creature of which we see the skull in P2. Good job :)

Sylizar

Sylizar

Thanks.

I tried to keep the Pred and Alien "homages" to a minimum, I hope to make him stand on his own. But going by your description, I can see that :) Not that I mind.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Well, the updates are finally making progress (procrastination sucks).

But I have decided I may need a suggestion on how to do the spikes on his body. I like what I have, but it looks a little rough (on other sketches) whch means I need to refine them. Also I'll need to know about the idea of a "crown".

Spikes (Bad Quality):

Crown (Like this, but I need suggestions on how to fix it, if I have it at all:

chazo136

chazo136

nice

Bender1988

Bender1988

I really like the first sketh.
The crown looks bad-like a dildo sticking from his head.I think the crown is unnececary.
I really like the small eyes,jaw,teeth.
Really nice details-I would like to see more of it.

Sylizar

Sylizar

I have other drawings of him that I may upload soon, but we'll see how that turns out.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Here's an EARLY WIP of the new version.

http://img718.imageshack.us/f/sylizarfinalformv4.jpg/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed