what an AVP movie needs

Started by Alien Drone 531, Jul 29, 2010, 01:28:20 AM

Author
what an AVP movie needs (Read 3,515 times)

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Now don't get me wrong, i like the 2 AVP movies, but the Alien franchise started as a horror franchise. I think, if they make a new AVP movie it should have sometime of horror aspect to it. The 2 AVP movies were action films and i think if they do a next one it should be more ... i don't know .... horror-ish. i mean it should defiantly have some action but i think over-all it should have that horror, creepy, Giger-ish feel to it. I don't know... i'm just shooting an idea....

First Blood

First Blood

I have to agree with you. What's to lose at this point after AVP & AVPR? Why not shoot for something with a much darker tone (no pun intended) in vein to Alien and Alien3.

SM

SM

Because Predator is an action film and the titles says "vs" which means one fighting the other.

Anderson tried the slow tension build stuff like Alien and failed completely.

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

another thing with the AVP movies, and it would help with the creepy/horror feel, is that the chestburster comes to soon. in the Alien movies it take like a day to grow in the chest and like another day to grow into a full grown alien. its much more creepy in my opinion.

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 29, 2010, 01:34:34 AM
I have to agree with you. What's to lose at this point after AVP & AVPR? Why not shoot for something with a much darker tone (no pun intended) in vein to Alien and Alien3.

Alien and Alien 3 were the best, deffinatly got that horror aspect in them (plus they are both Giger's Aliens so ... AWESOMENESS!!!)  ;D ;D ;D

TheChazmoch

TheChazmoch

It could just simply be the pacing. Granted, some people will want to jump right into the action like the two AVP films did, but pacing similar to Aliens could help. Actually, the first three Alien films did a great job with their pacing.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2010, 01:36:19 AM
Because Predator is an action film and the titles says "vs" which means one fighting the other.

Anderson tried the slow tension build stuff like Alien and failed completely.

That says more about that particular film than the approach as a whole.

I think it would work great done with more sense, but Anderson subverted himself.

SM

SM

Anderon wasted that slow build stuff by not actually building any tension or deepening the characters.

You could have more horror in an AvP flick, but it needs to primarily be an action flick.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You can always pull an Aliens by switching genres once the action ramps up.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

What I think it definitely needs is a good writer, NOT a first time writer or some unknown TV writer. The studio is saving in places where they shouldnt. Hire a big, proven writer of some classics, hire a big known serious director and Im all for it. When I see credits to crap like AVPR. Die Hard 4 or Predators its like a KEEP OFF sign for me (Not that it was bad, but could be some much more). Its fine for some new movies, but its ridiculous for sequels of some iconic franchises

SM

SM

How many proven writers and directors would want to touch AvP now?

BANE

BANE

Come on, who wouldn't want to take a shot at the glory that would be involved in reviving such a beloved, yet abused concept? Especially when said concept involves two of the most beloved science fiction creatures ever created.

TheChazmoch

TheChazmoch

Someone who's had a rough streak in recent years, and needs to take on a small risky gig to reclaim a name for his/herself.

SM

SM

Probably that ^.

Someone on top of their game would avoid it at present.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2010, 02:21:26 AM
How many proven writers and directors would want to touch AvP now?

Stephen Summers possibly...

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

It needs Predators talking.
And they should be voiced by T-Pain, Tobey Maguire, and Hugo Weaving.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed