Hot Toys PREDATORS 1:6 figures

Started by Sabres21768, Jul 04, 2010, 01:12:29 PM

Author
Hot Toys PREDATORS 1:6 figures (Read 171,910 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Here's a sneak peek...

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Thanks, already looks far better than the neca shit.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Cant wait to get this toy! It looks awesome so far. Id love for it to come with a propper display base though i don't want just a black piece of plastic

Sabres21768

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jul 04, 2010, 01:14:45 PM

Dude, you can't really compare the two.

Totally different scales which means you get different levels of detail and paint apps.

The NECA figs are great for the scale.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 04, 2010, 02:25:58 PM

Totally different scales which means you get different levels of detail and paint apps.

And the price.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 04, 2010, 02:25:58 PM

I agree with you on the falconer.

But the coloring of Mr. Black is just awful and that's got nothing to do with scale. This Mr. Black looks like his coloring is far better.

Corporal Hicks

You really wanna pay well over a 100% price increase for better colour?

Besides, Mr Black looks awesome. It's Falconer than looks like something from the Swamp Thing but I'm not going to blame Neca for that.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Hottoys: fairly high priced stuff that is overly fragile... I prefer NECA when it comes to accuracy and sculpts, it's just the scale thats a bit off..

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2010, 03:09:49 PM

Besides, Mr Black looks awesome. It's Falconer than looks like something from the Swamp Thing but I'm not going to blame Neca for that.

15 bucks for a small version against 150 bucks for a larger version... Sounds to me like a 1000% increase rather than 100 ;)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2010, 03:09:49 PM

Well if you don't like the design of the Falconer then it's hardly the toy's fault.  ;)

Besides I simply stated that Hot Toys' Mr. Black is better looking, not that he is worth his money, let alone cheap.

QuoteHottoys: fairly high priced stuff that is overly fragile... I prefer NECA when it comes to accuracy and sculpts, it's just the scale thats a bit off..

Everything true, but I didn't say anything that went against that, I simply said: It looks better... and I don't think one must discuss about it since it is obvious. Of course it's overprized & fragile. Still it looks better than the Neca Mr. Black... I doubt that you can't see that.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

HT always had a proportion issue: the heads are too big and the limbs just don't look the part. Armor aside, it's not that good at all. I have on, the P1 of course, but if NECA was to release a 12 inch version of the classic, I might considering selling the HT one... Though I love it. I'm just short on space.

Edit: I've yet to see a high res picture of the sculpt and paintup on this HT one... It can be utterly cool and the head sculpts of HT are amongst the best around.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Hot Toys AVP figures are a waste of time. Both of the AVP:R wolfs are good aside from a few fragility issues, feet looking a bit big compaired to the slimness of the legs and the joints being a bit obvious. P2 is ok it looks very toyish though. P1 would be miles better if it had a more face-tight bio mask it looks too big and the neck isnt high enough. P1 looks like classic.

In general HT toys arent worth it but the HT collectors will pay for it because they are good. Its just a shame they dont give a rubber body suit to the predator toys like the Alien figures then i think the price tag would be more worth it.

The Shuriken

For some reason Mr. Black's head seems to have the raised crown...must be the angle. ???

CEP

CEP

I cant believe people trash Hot Toys here...they ARE the best. If you think they're shit, you probably cant afford them....:/

Master

Master

Yes they are too expensive for me, but that dosen`t change the fact that they do look toyish.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: CEP on Jul 04, 2010, 09:36:10 PM
I cant believe people trash Hot Toys here...they ARE the best. If you think they're shit, you probably cant afford them....:/

That's a pretty ignorant statement. So people don't like HT that automatically means they can't afford them? Maybe people can't justify spending $200+ on an action figure when for $20 they can get NECA and have a figure with great detail at a smaller scale?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed