The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 350,165 times)

Aspie

Aspie

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 21, 2014, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 21, 2014, 06:40:56 AM
Yeah, lol, it's mentioned that there were rumors that the reason Wey-Yu was so technologically advanced was because it got its tech through alien technology.  Assuming Fox nixes all the Aliens comics and novels that introduces new species of aliens intelligent enough to produce technology then the only alien species that we have met to produce such tech are the Predators and the Engineers; there's the obvious reference to Pred tech in AVPR and how it influenced future human space travel, but there's no evidence at all of human acquisition of Engineer technology especially since their tech is bio-organic.
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 21, 2014, 04:45:25 PM
I've been wondering about that as well.  Do the Arcturians even have tech to begin with?  I don't know if Moore deliberately knew that he was referencing AVPR but I think it's pretty clear that he took inspiration from it since it's the only film to suggest that humans took advantage of alien technology and since this is a VERY small detail in the book, it isn't inconceivable that Fox may have overlooked it when editing the story.
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 21, 2014, 06:37:31 PM
The thing is, if he wasn't referring to the Predators then who was he referring to in that quote?  Exactly how many different technologically advanced alien species do fans think exist in the Alien universe? ???  I wasn't aware that the AVP franchise had turned into the Star Wars/Star Trek universe.
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 21, 2014, 07:47:27 PM
Tbh, the idea of multiple technologically advanced aliens is possibly a worse idea than the AVP movies combined; the EU stories I really detested were the ones where they showed up because they took attention away from the actual stars of the story, the Aliens.  You have a point saying that the Arcturians were the "first" intelligent alien life encountered but I don't think there are dozens of these alien species out there, otherwise the find in the Sea of Sorrows novel would have been of significantly lesser importance in comparison.
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 21, 2014, 08:06:26 PM
I never said I liked the first AVP film but I DO like AVPR, however I will admit that upon some reflection AVPR was less set up as a genuine Alien/Predator film and more as a teen slasher flick with mindless gore, dumb teenagers, and sex/rape scenes.  AVPR was the first ever teen slasher I saw so that could have influenced my enjoyment of the story (that and I was already used to reading EU stories that followed a similar genre trend).  I still vouch for AVPR as one of my all-time favorite films but I also understand that if it wasn't the first teen slasher I ever saw then there is a chance I may not have liked it as much as I did when first seeing it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was pretty masterfully done I will admit. 

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Sep 22, 2014, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 22, 2014, 09:45:47 PM
And everyone knows how healthy it is.

Spoiler
[close]
Nah, I'll pass, thanks. Not after what happened to the last guy who was with you.

Spoiler

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Sep 25, 2014, 11:08:09 AM
Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: Shasvre on Sep 25, 2014, 11:01:08 AM
Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 10:56:00 AM
Watching that group of astronauts/explorers traversing a barren landscape in one of these stills, instantly transports me back to the original The Planet Of The Apes. 8)
Ah, yes, the Burton film. :)
Richard Burton wasn't in the original Apes film, dummy. :)

Spoiler
[close]
I was obviously talking about Jeff Burton. ::)

:D :D

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Oct 03, 2014, 01:33:08 AM
Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 03, 2014, 01:26:37 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 03, 2014, 01:25:06 AM
tavi you are very close to being dead to me

:-[ What if I'm a zombie?
Sometimes I'm not ready for it, sometimes I don't see it coming at all, sometimes it just hits me like a train full of anvils and bricks...
Spoiler
but god damn the lameness of that answer hit me hard.

[close]

tavianini19

tavianini19

You butt!

BANE

BANE

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 03, 2014, 02:34:44 AM
You butt!
Christ he's double tapping me now...

tavianini19

tavianini19

HA!

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: BANE on Oct 05, 2014, 12:06:59 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 04, 2014, 10:31:53 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Oct 04, 2014, 08:31:39 PM

"Plebasaurus Rex."

"Are those... Aspieating... uh, Aspiesauruses?"
Quote from: Omegazilla on Oct 04, 2014, 10:42:05 PM
"They... they're trolling this way."

"We can make it if we run"

"No, we can't"

"Why not?"

"Because we're being trolled"

"Oh God"

"In the Godzilla and Sandler movie threads straight ahead. It's all right. RUN!"

Spoiler
"Don't reply! It can't troll us if you don't reply!"

[close]

Aspie

Aspie

there is no escape

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aspie doesn't want to hunt. He wants to be fed.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Eva on Oct 05, 2014, 12:55:44 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 04, 2014, 11:40:16 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 04, 2014, 11:39:27 PM
So I keep getting Shas and Eva confused. :D

Even though Eva betrayed her own kind and switched to a non-ginger set.

I have high hopes that in time, you will eventually realize the raw attraction of the greatest, sexiest guitarist that ever lived in his prime. One of these days, you might leave that comfortably numb shell where you have been marooned, the obsolete us and them mentality of beholding the Universe, eclipse the primitive urges and young lust you encompass for beholding the opposite sex in the flesh and join us in the great gig in the sky, before brain damage becomes irreversible.

Wish you were here, Shas. :)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Gates on Aug 16, 2007, 01:43:20 AM
Quote from: SublimeDBC on Aug 14, 2007, 09:39:36 PM
i wrote this story because i plan on becoming a director and im actually turning it into a script (possibly for an avp movie in the future) my uncle is james cameron the creator of the second alien movie and im gonna show him this script hes already read the rough draft..

this is just the rough draft thanks for the comments  :)

Someone tell me this is a joke...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Hubbs on Oct 09, 2014, 10:22:05 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 09, 2014, 09:27:57 PM
Quote from: orchidal on Oct 09, 2014, 10:45:50 AM
I wanna see Escape from Siera Leon

Pliskin. Ebola. Catch them in 2016.

Hubbs score: 4/10

"Not rated R really ruined this movie."

I concur.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed