"Alien Redesign" speculation

Started by Major Alan Schaefer, Jun 24, 2010, 11:46:32 PM

Author
"Alien Redesign" speculation (Read 30,499 times)

Nightmare Asylum

A different Alien could be really good. THE ALIEN from Alien was perfect, but with Scott and Giger combined, I would like to explore other forms of this beast. Maybe we could get a Giger Alien 2, similar to Anytime 2.

SiL

SiL

Eh. If they're gonna redesign it, they're gonna redesign it, doesn't really bother me. Just so long as there's something recognisable as the Alien in it I'm fine.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2010, 10:59:26 PM
Eh. If they're gonna redesign it, they're gonna redesign it, doesn't really bother me. Just so long as there's something recognisable as the Alien in it I'm fine.

That's about the way I'm feeling about it. I look forward to seeing something new. They could do a great job with the old design but I think if Giger is up for it working with Scott again could produce an amazing new edition to the way the creature is viewed. It'll spawn a lot on controversy on the forums I'm sure.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 25, 2010, 07:42:19 PM

Yes that I did hear somewhere as well. I'm just curious if any of us expect to see the original Alien anywhere in the film.

And so that would have been the MTV interview:
"Ridley told MTV that because the Facehugger design has been so overused in the movie sequels, he will have to design - or redesign - earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien" which is the thing that catapult out of the egg, the face-hugger"

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not liking those words...

m138jewski

m138jewski

I have a feeling they may go for a more "humanoid" look. I have faith that whatever they come up with will be light years better than what anyone else can dream up. After Predators comes and goes, ill be drooling over this shit til it comes out

Nightmare Asylum

I don't think humanoid. I think something different than we have ever seen before...

Nightlord

Nightlord

Why is that thing killing other aliens?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's not.
the Blob in his hand looks like a synthetic to me.
The other Aliens are on him, probably... playin' :3

Nightlord

Nightlord

His other free hand looks like its about to grab an alien.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Mother Lions grab their youngs from the back, but they don't wanna hurt them with the described action.

War Wager

War Wager

It's just a classic Alien on steriods.

If they don't get Giger onboard, I reckon they'll go back and look at some of his earlier concepts for inspiration. The "snake" alien would look amazing on-screen.

Nightmare Asylum

What did Giger's snake Alien look like? Because this is the only one I can think of:

':D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They may refer to this...

Or this

Nightmare Asylum

Wow! Both of those are great!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed