"Alien Redesign" speculation

Started by Major Alan Schaefer, Jun 24, 2010, 11:46:32 PM

Author
"Alien Redesign" speculation (Read 30,487 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Ogata881 on Jun 25, 2010, 08:02:18 PMfans are hypocrites
You... you get it only now? ;)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Ogata881 on Jun 25, 2010, 08:02:18 PM

Well,fans are hypocrites,they want new,original,shocking stuff,but then they want the original creature design too.If they get the original design as they pleased,they say the movie has too much homage in it.
I think that Ridley Scott has said plenty of times before that he cares about what he wants in his movies.
He said in an interview that the alien as a shape is worn out,not shocking,scary or original anymore.What does that say?

That quote is what I'm basing this whole thread on! I'm pretty sure it won't be the main creature in the film. That is quite likely...I'm just wondering what we will be. Along with how it will connect to the original Alien.

cmc

cmc

Maybe the Alien we know is the bastard child of two other species, each with different traits that come together to make the xenomorph.............................or not.

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe we will see THE ALIEN near the beginning, but like Scott originally said, it doesn't look like that forever. As the end of Alien, maybe it wasn't sleeping or dying, but morphing into something scarier.

Ogata881

Ogata881

You... you get it only now? ;)

Nah.

Honestly the alien creature has been over used for the last 13 years or so.That's a lot of time and if they want to scare or shock the watcher they need to introduce something completely new.You know the eggs changed from film to film.Not really redesigned,but just slightly updated and different.They might get a bigger change now though.I'm sure we will get new facehuggers.And no,i don't think we'll see the classic alien like we'll see the classic predator in Predators.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2010, 08:12:50 PM
Maybe we will see THE ALIEN near the beginning, but like Scott originally said, it doesn't look like that forever. As the end of Alien, maybe it wasn't sleeping or dying, but morphing into something scarier.

Now that could be interesting, I personally like the idea of the Alien being something completely different than what we know it as that its origins are something unrecongnizable. Imagine the millions of comics that will have to be burned :D. That would seriously expand the idea of it taking traits of its hosts.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I think this was interesting, but it hasn't been commented on

QuoteQuint: Thank you so much for your time. They're pulling me away here. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you've got in store. I hope we'll be seeing a lot of real, practical Aliens running around!
Sir Ridley Scott: Yeah, you will!

Lots of Aliens?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 25, 2010, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 25, 2010, 08:12:50 PM

Now that could be interesting, I personally like the idea of the Alien being something completely different than what we know it as that its origins are something unrecongnizable. Imagine the millions of comics that will have to be burned :D. That would seriously expand the idea of it taking traits of its hosts.

Yeah, very creepy concept. Only thing is, this could contradict the sequels. But, I honestly don't care what Scott contradicts, as long as he makes a good movie. The sequels will still exist, and can be viewed as a separate timeline, similar to the different timelines for Alien/Predator/AVP we have now.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 25, 2010, 08:28:18 PM
I think this was interesting, but it hasn't been commented on

QuoteQuint: Thank you so much for your time. They're pulling me away here. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you've got in store. I hope we'll be seeing a lot of real, practical Aliens running around!
Sir Ridley Scott: Yeah, you will!

Awesome! Now, if THE ALIEN is just phase one for this organism, we can see a large variety of THINGS running around :D
Lots of Aliens?

Major Alan Schaefer

I don't believe that it would contridict the rest of the Alien franchise. AVP might be a problem...but I really don't think it would.
The Alien in Alien and Aliens all came from humans. So the fact they look the same isn't strange and should condridict anything that happens before Alien. Now the AVP situation once we see what Scott's movie says maybe we can figure out a way of explaining both.

Nightmare Asylum

What I mean by contradiction is, say, that after 24 hours THE ALIEN changes into something completely new. Well, in Aliens, those aliens were there over 24 hours, so therefore they can't exist in the same continuity. But I don't think there will be any contradictions problems wits Aliens, Alien cubed, or Alien Resurrection. AVP will most likely be contradicted, and I have no comment on AVPR (I never saw it), but odds are it will, especially after what I heard about the Predalien's reproduction method.

Major Alan Schaefer

I think Scott's idea is talking about their being something BEFORE the Alien. The Alien we know is an evolution of what his movie will be showing us...that is  at least what I've gathered from what he has said.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Well, it seems like we'll be seeing many of them. Whatever they are, exactly.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ogata881 on Jun 25, 2010, 08:02:18 PM
Well,fans are hypocrites,they want new,original,shocking stuff,but then they want the original creature design too.
That's not hypocritical at all.

They want the original Alien, they would also like some new things. They are not mutually exclusive. When you hear people talking about wanting the Alien to be overhauled, then bitching it doesn't look like an existing design, then they're hypocrites.

QuoteHe said in an interview that the alien as a shape is worn out,not shocking,scary or original anymore.What does that say?
That Ridley Scott is f**king lazy.

If he doesn't think he can make the Alien scary any more, it doesn't matter how much he redesigns the thing. The thing's appearance is secondary to its behaviour. It's an eight-foot tall acid bleeding Freudian nightmare, the bastard lovechild of a threeway between a human, a car and a dildo; it rapes its hosts and explodes violently out of their chests just to be born and cores skulls in its spare time.

If he can't make that scary, redesigning it isn't going to help shit.

Seriously, Barney the Dinosaur looks as intimidating as a wet kitten, but if you put him in the right scenario he could be f**king terrifying.

Major Alan Schaefer

I just pictured Barney eating a wet kitten then crushing the skull of Danny Trejo...so thanks for that SiL.

I agree with you SiL that he could try to make the Alien scary again but some aspects of the creature has just been ruined by A:R-AVP-R. Some people would see the old Alien design and get a flashback of the AVP-R aliens grabbing someones head like a retarded chimapneze and laugh at it. I think Scott is thinking along those lines and just wants to get away from the AVP plague.

SiL

SiL

Scott's said he wanted to redesign it for a while now. Going back to the original design would remove any real connection to the AvP movies on account of how mind-bogglingly different they look.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed