"Alien Redesign" speculation

Started by Major Alan Schaefer, Jun 24, 2010, 11:46:32 PM

Author
"Alien Redesign" speculation (Read 30,481 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

I haven't seen a topic directly on this subject so forgive me if one exists.

I've read over a couple of the Ridley Scott interviews and as any of us who have read it are aware that he mentioned redesigning the Alien itself. So this is basically a topic of speculation so try to keep it as controlled as possible but lets talk about what all could possibly happen. From the sounds of it it'd be possible that we never see the Alien design we all know and love. It also is possible that H.R. Giger would be part of the new design. What are you expecting to come out of this Prequel? Do you expect Scott to go in a completely different direction than the rest of the series and show us where it all began or do you expect it to be half and half...seeing some familer aspects but not going completely away. Being a big fan of Scott's I've seen most of his work and he's not one to rehash something that's been done. With all the previous films...I'm expecting to see some drastic changes to the creature. I don't know what I exactly think of that at the moment but if Scott and Giger are working on it I'd be very interested to see what they come up with.

SM

SM

I honestly have no idea the direction they'll go in.  I just hope Scott gets Giger on board.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Jun 24, 2010, 11:54:53 PM
I honestly have no idea the direction they'll go in.  I just hope Scott gets Giger on board.

Agreed, if Giger is attached it will make far more interesting than if anyone else since he's already done so well with the concept. I really don't know what to expect either its far too early to be able to make any accurate guesses on the subject.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

It's beyond my ability to speculate

Nightlord

Nightlord

snakealien anyone?

PredalienXenomorph

I am skeptical of this talk. (^BTW the pic isn't working)

Ogata881

Ogata881

You can only be sure about one single thing:the alien will have a design we haven't seen yet.Forget about repetition,Scott won't do that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

"Something we haven't seen yet" doesn't mean it will not be a good design.
Let's just wait for.. *evil laugh*... leaked production stills.... >:D

Ogata881

Ogata881

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 25, 2010, 01:38:52 PM
"Something we haven't seen yet" doesn't mean it will not be a good design.

Never said it means.Just don't hope for the 1979 alien to return.It won't happen and quite frankly i agree with Scott.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, I didn't really expect anyone to answer the question and hit the nail on the head. I'm just wondering what anybody else things. I don't expect to see the 79 Alien throughout the film. It may show up near the end but I'm pretty skeptical. I'm just wondering if we are going to see any aspects of the creature that we remember. We are likely to see a Facehugger here or there but the movie will have to explain to origin of all of the eggs that are in the Derelict.

Mus

Mus

Well, as far as its appearance goes, I doubt that will be changed. Because there hasn't been anything to indicate that.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 25, 2010, 01:38:52 PM

Im ready for a 54 page thread of bitching.

awww yeah

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 25, 2010, 03:41:45 PM
We are likely to see a Facehugger here or there.

Scott does plan to create a more primitive form of Facehugger

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jun 25, 2010, 07:37:02 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 25, 2010, 03:41:45 PM
We are likely to see a Facehugger here or there.

Scott does plan to create a more primitive form of Facehugger

Yes that I did hear somewhere as well. I'm just curious if any of us expect to see the original Alien anywhere in the film.

Ogata881

Ogata881

Well,fans are hypocrites,they want new,original,shocking stuff,but then they want the original creature design too.If they get the original design as they pleased,they say the movie has too much homage in it.
I think that Ridley Scott has said plenty of times before that he cares about what he wants in his movies.
He said in an interview that the alien as a shape is worn out,not shocking,scary or original anymore.What does that say?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed