Last thing you ate

Started by PredalienXenomorph, Jun 09, 2010, 11:45:26 PM

Author
Last thing you ate (Read 132,638 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 10:13:56 AM
Went to Chiquitos last night for chimichanga. We ended up being forgotten and waiting for hours. Ended up getting half knocked off the bill, free round of drinks. And the chimichanga was gorgeous.
Hidden blessing.

The Runner

The Runner

Venison Hamburger Helper

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Grilled lemon chicken breast Florentine (sauteed spinach, bacon, garlic and spices) topped with a Bellavitino Gold cream sauce
Oven roasted gold potatoes with red pepper in organic premium reserve olive oil and spices
Activa strawberry banana yogurt, blackberries and an organic banana for dessert

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 03, 2016, 04:52:34 AM
Grilled lemon chicken breast Florentine (sauteed spinach, bacon, garlic and spices) topped with a Bellavitino Gold cream sauce
Oven roasted gold potatoes with red pepper in organic premium reserve olive oil and spices
Activa strawberry banana yogurt, blackberries and an organic banana for dessert
Do you make all of this yourself.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Of course sir. Well, except the yogurt.

Organic brown sugar oatmeal and filtered H20

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 03, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
Of course sir. Well, except the yogurt.

Organic brown sugar oatmeal and filtered H20
How and who taught you how to cook.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

When I was 16, I took my first job as a dishwasher at a local gourmet buffet/catering business owned and operated by a family. I will admit that job really sucked, but I knew I had to start making money. As time went on, I got much better at it and getting yelled at by the head chef really lit a fire inside (in a positive "I will show them I can do this" mentality). Once I proved I could make it, I got the pots/prep position. Same exact thing happened when I was on dishes. The head chef went to the high end Rhode Island Culinary School and was in class with a young Emeril Lagassi (he said he was really cocky and showy, but all chefs need flare to prove that they are worthwhile). He was temper mental (as almost all head chefs are), but he showed me how to do the basic chef responsibilities first in calm way. I learn best by watching and sampling the job at hand, so this worked very well. The first thing all chefs must do is insure that the food they are preparing is safe to consume and the equipment being used is sanitary and clean. The first year there I realized that the food I have been eating for almost my whole life was a waste. Fresh, healthy and made that moment is the way it ALWAYS should be. As time went on, I trained basically all the dishwashers (not many truly listened), prep workers and became a chef's assistant. I would be in charge of making sure that all supplies would be listed to be ordered, go over the day's menu and tasks, run the buffet line (including carving duties) prepare dishes all the way thru (or almost), cleaning (which I am still very good at :) ) and various other tasks.
I was there for almost 7 years before I decided I needed something else to do for work. I had to get out. I almost lost my desire to cook near the end. Keep in mind that I was there from age 16 to 23, losing EVERY weekend for work, major holidays (except July 4th and Christmas), battling addiction and my father's health beginning to dissolve. So I took a job in the carbon service industry. I did go back a few times after I left, with many of the customers saying the place wasn't the same without me there.
So now, looking back at where I was at age 16, MANY things have changed. I will be turning 31 in a matter of days and the desire to create delicious, healthy food is always there everyday. I would like to open a gourmet bakery in the future, but in order to do so, I would practically need to do it in a major city (such as Pittsburgh) in order to be seen and appreciated. I have created a small sample menu for a long time and while the ingredients alone are expensive, the reflected retail prices would have to be picked up by a higher class of society (NO OFFENSE) or whoever wanted to purchase my award winning baked treats. A small sample of the menu:

Spoiler
1. Pistachio black cherry muffins
2. Blue/blackberry/peach stressel muffins (placed first in a baking contest with those)
3. Apple pear turnovers with cream cheese icing
4. Banana cream pies made with grass fed milk
5. Key Lime cookies with a fondant sugar dust

the rest is disclosed ;D )
[close]
All crusts, cakes and other baked items are made by hand, from scratch, every day. Only time will tell, but I keep my dreams alive.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Nothing too fancy today:

Grilled sweet sausage with sauteed red+green peppers, purple onion in imported butter and fresh spices
Fresh husked corn (off) the cob
Activia Black Cherry yogurt and an organic fair trade banana

Mothers' Day Dinner on the other hand, oh my:

-2 1lb. New York Strip steaks marinated in a special Carne Asada marinade then grilled over natural charcoal to a medium rare
-Baked kosher gold potatoes with sour cream, organic salted butter, fresh chives (from the garden) and topped with hardwood smoked bacon
-Local grown spring lettuce with spiced tomato and hand shredded thunderjack cheese
-My 1st place Fit-For-A-King apple pie with Graeter's french pot Madagascar bourbon vanilla ice cream

Needless to say mom was extremely happy with Mothers' Day dinner!

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 10, 2016, 07:19:28 PM
When I was 16, I took my first job as a dishwasher at a local gourmet buffet/catering business owned and operated by a family. I will admit that job really sucked, but I knew I had to start making money. As time went on, I got much better at it and getting yelled at by the head chef really lit a fire inside (in a positive "I will show them I can do this" mentality). Once I proved I could make it, I got the pots/prep position. Same exact thing happened when I was on dishes. The head chef went to the high end Rhode Island Culinary School and was in class with a young Emeril Lagassi (he said he was really cocky and showy, but all chefs need flare to prove that they are worthwhile). He was temper mental (as almost all head chefs are), but he showed me how to do the basic chef responsibilities first in calm way. I learn best by watching and sampling the job at hand, so this worked very well. The first thing all chefs must do is insure that the food they are preparing is safe to consume and the equipment being used is sanitary and clean. The first year there I realized that the food I have been eating for almost my whole life was a waste. Fresh, healthy and made that moment is the way it ALWAYS should be. As time went on, I trained basically all the dishwashers (not many truly listened), prep workers and became a chef's assistant. I would be in charge of making sure that all supplies would be listed to be ordered, go over the day's menu and tasks, run the buffet line (including carving duties) prepare dishes all the way thru (or almost), cleaning (which I am still very good at :) ) and various other tasks.
I was there for almost 7 years before I decided I needed something else to do for work. I had to get out. I almost lost my desire to cook near the end. Keep in mind that I was there from age 16 to 23, losing EVERY weekend for work, major holidays (except July 4th and Christmas), battling addiction and my father's health beginning to dissolve. So I took a job in the carbon service industry. I did go back a few times after I left, with many of the customers saying the place wasn't the same without me there.
So now, looking back at where I was at age 16, MANY things have changed. I will be turning 31 in a matter of days and the desire to create delicious, healthy food is always there everyday. I would like to open a gourmet bakery in the future, but in order to do so, I would practically need to do it in a major city (such as Pittsburgh) in order to be seen and appreciated. I have created a small sample menu for a long time and while the ingredients alone are expensive, the reflected retail prices would have to be picked up by a higher class of society (NO OFFENSE) or whoever wanted to purchase my award winning baked treats. A small sample of the menu:

Spoiler
1. Pistachio black cherry muffins
2. Blue/blackberry/peach stressel muffins (placed first in a baking contest with those)
3. Apple pear turnovers with cream cheese icing
4. Banana cream pies made with grass fed milk
5. Key Lime cookies with a fondant sugar dust

the rest is disclosed ;D )
[close]
All crusts, cakes and other baked items are made by hand, from scratch, every day. Only time will tell, but I keep my dreams alive.
Cool so you have a passion for cooking right.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Possibly my most looked forward to meal of the year... The Jurassic 4th (July 4th) dinner:

Grilled Organic boneless skinless chicken thighs with a Candied Rainier Cherry Whisky Maple BBQ sauce
Steakhouse Potato Salad
Blueberry, Wild Black Raspberry/White Peach iron skillet cobbler served over Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream
Kiwi Lemonade

Everything made by myself, from scratch. Absolutely divine in every possible way.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Marinated turkey burgers topped with caramelized onions, fig and walnut balsamic marinated tomato slices and finally, melted super hot cheese (mfs)
Cream of potato and bacon soup (mfs)
Activia black cherry yogurt and organic banana for dessert

* denotes Made From Scratch

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Sliced marinated london broil steak
Eggs over easy
Toast with melted organic salted butter
fresh sliced mango strips

Nice way to start the day!

Nostromo

Nostromo

Fiorina you must have a butler/chef!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I severely underpay him, but he does a good job.

Spoiler
It's me :P
[close]

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Homemade BLT's
boiled fresh local corn on (off) the cob with melted organic salted butter
activia peach yogurt

and tastes of my cheesecake to make sure it was proper for the apple pie contest tomorrow. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed