Texas strikes yet again with another dose of stupidity.

Started by ShadowPred, Mar 14, 2010, 05:20:46 PM

Author
Texas strikes yet again with another dose of stupidity. (Read 12,337 times)

That Yellow Alien

Except Texas produces a majority of text books in America. Ironic, I know.

So this is bigger then just one school not teaching evolution.

Cellien

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Mar 25, 2010, 05:54:59 PM
Are you surprised?

This really isn't any different to a school that refuses to teach evolution on religous grounds.

I don't agree with their decision (at all), but I don't generalize the whole state.  For one, I was born and raised here  by teachers that taught in Texas schools, and I know that this decision in no way represents Texans and its citizens (or even the teachers under the Texas Board of Education - funny joke btw  :)). 

Comments like "f*ck Texas" are a bit over the top, especially considering Texas has one of the healthiest economies in the whole country, if not THE healthiest.  Add to that the number of great innovation and business coming out of Texas from places like Texas Instruments or Dell.

Anyways, no I'm not really surprised but just find some of the insulting a bit over the top, as a Texan. :)

Uncanny Antman

Surely you've generalised when outraged before, though?

Cellien

Lol.. Sure, but someone is usually offended.    :P

That Yellow Alien

Cellien

Mine's bigger.

SM

And your buddies wish they could quit it right?

;)

Cellien

ShadowPred

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 24, 2010, 01:23:16 AM
" When it comes to anything be it the color red or life and death there is Texas and then there is everyone else"

- Me.

This was meant as an insult towards Texas.

I approve.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed