TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 674,442 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

A table-top gaming site has some info about upcoming Genisys minis. They provide some potentially interesting, and spoilery, information.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/warlord-games-previews-t-1000-for-terminator-genisys/
Spoiler

Notice how the T-1000 is wearing a Resistance uniform, possibly hinting at some scenes with it in the future, doing what infiltrators do. This also augurs well for us actually getting an explanation for who/what sends the T-1000, and Pops, back in time. That's one of the biggest things I'm worried will be left hanging for a sequel.
[close]

New TV spot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkHWIaTn3Y&index=27&list=WL

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Now that trailer made the movie look horrible.  :-\

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Did they do something to his face? Looks plastic-y, especially in the thumbnail.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

They're certainly taking some inspiration from Man of Steel with the interrogation room scene. I still have hope that it will be a fun movie, if nothing else.

The Joker

The Joker

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 21, 2015, 10:54:00 PM
They're certainly taking some inspiration from Man of Steel with the interrogation room scene. I still have hope that it will be a fun movie, if nothing else.

I think it definitely will be a fun movie, but considering how great T1/T2 were during their times, any future Terminator movie being "fun" probably wont cut it and wont be well received by movie-goers.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Oh yeah, it won't stand anywhere near the level of T1 or T2. Based on what we know so far, I am definitely curious about what they have planned for the sequels, assuming they happen. They could take the story in some really weird, cool directions. Who knows at this point, though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 21, 2015, 10:54:00 PM
Oh boy now that is some seriously worrisome deja-vu.  Man of Steel was a horrible superman movie. Personally I'm hoping that scene is more reminiscent of The Rock.

I also thought the Connerbotâ„¢ didn't look real as it was talking. Perhaps just a syncing issue. However Sarah being able to hold onto Reese's entire body weight with one hand... that's just bullshit even for an action movie these days.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

# C O N N O R B O T

Preach people. Witness the deep, deep burial of the Terminator series.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm surprised we haven't had any comic tie-ins announced yet. The last Dark Horse run was much better than I was expecting.

I'll give Connorbot the benefit of the doubt, because there's potentially some really cool stuff there. John rejecting his destiny, man vs. myth, etc. I've even heard someone speculate that...
Spoiler
they may be going for a Darth Vader angle, where John does fulfill his destiny and ends the war, but in a round-about, destructive way, just like Vader does ultimately destroys the Sith. Who knows.
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Connerbotâ„¢ to the T-800. "No, you are my father!" T-800 blue screens.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

This films advertising campaign has been 1 big grave digging. Are there any remain who have legitimate belief it will be good? I never expected it to touch T1 or T2, but I was initially confident it would be better that T3 & TS. I'm now less certain. For the record, I think the Connorbot is an interesting concept, but this film has almost 0 hope of making actual sense.

Magegg

Magegg

Connorbot reminds me much of this:

The Joker

The Joker

Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 23, 2015, 05:30:01 PM
This films advertising campaign has been 1 big grave digging. Are there any remain who have legitimate belief it will be good? I never expected it to touch T1 or T2, but I was initially confident it would be better that T3 & TS. I'm now less certain. For the record, I think the Connorbot is an interesting concept, but this film has almost 0 hope of making actual sense.

I still think it could be good but I also thought T3 and Salvation were going to be good so what do I know!?  ;D

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Is it me or does Connor look like he became a Reaper from Mass Effect?

Ironic considering the fact that
Spoiler
the Reapers destroy space faring life to prevent it from creating artificial intelligences that would in turn destroy life... *cough* it's not like we created Skynet now did we? Of course we didn't! Keep your lips sealed guys, they mustn't know or they'll go "we told you so"  :-X
[close]

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 23, 2015, 05:30:01 PM

Yeah, this movie does look like crap, hopefully fun crap ;), but still crap that will only reduce the legitimacy of the series.  Why is it that no director seems to understand what made the first 2 films so great wasn't just blind action scenes and hot girls with breast enlargements but actual story that has plot driven themes behind it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed