TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 673,613 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: predxeno on May 03, 2015, 01:22:36 PM
Kyle and his younger brother.
I see. 

Kyle's younger brother only exists in the NOW Comics continuity.  I've never come across anyone who would consider that part of the "core universe".   It's one of the most outlandish, idiotic pieces of professional Terminator storytelling there is.

predxeno

predxeno

As if T3 and T4 aren't? :D  I never read those stories, just heard about them.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

My biggest fear about Genisys is that it will leave too much hanging on a sequel hook. That's what will probably wind up happening, though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Seeing as they have two more sequels booked, I'd say that's pretty much a given.

predxeno

predxeno

I don't think they'll do a cliffhanger until they know for certain there's an audience, that will likely be by the 2nd new film (the 2nd film is usually the one that gets the cliffhanger anyway).

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: predxeno on May 03, 2015, 01:38:24 PM
As if T3 and T4 aren't? :D
Let's put it this way...the NOW Comics have Terminator bakers and Terminator milk-men in them. 

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The twist could be pretty neat if they actually tried to elevate the idea, but I'm just expecting an entertaining popcorn flick at this point.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm glad I didn't watch the recent trailer. The only thing that will likely get me to see this film will a swath of positive reviews.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 02, 2015, 06:08:24 PM
Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
I've been wondering something for awhile, does anyone know whether Catherine Brewster is canon in Genesys?  Before the timeline re-write, I mean.

I don't think she will be in the movie. I haven't seen anyone credited as Kate Connor or Kate Brewster on IMDB or Wikipedia, or anywhere else for that matter. Also, io9 saw 12 minutes of Genisys a week or so back and...
Spoiler
here's what they had to say about Salvation:
QuoteAnother cut, and we're even further into the Terminator future, looking at the world from a young Kyle Reese's perspective. He's younger than in Terminator Salvation, maybe 7 or 8 — but you can completely disregard Terminator Salvation, because that's what Terminator Genisys is also doing.
http://io9.com/we-saw-12-minutes-of-terminator-genisys-featuring-biza-1699287250?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

If Genisys is ignoring Salvation, I would say that it's a pretty good bet T3 (and Kate Brewster along with it) is being ignored, as well.
[close]
And thank god for that. God i always hated that character and its existence. Ill give Genisys many points just for erasing Kate Brewstah from the continuity

predxeno

predxeno

Agreed, Kate was a very annoying character in T3 and by T4 she was demoted to eye candy.  Good riddance.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: predxeno on May 05, 2015, 02:34:42 PM
Agreed, Kate was a very annoying character in T3 and by T4 she was demoted to eye candy.  Good riddance.

I din't mind her in T3, but her character was totally wasted in Salvation, especially since Bryce Dallas Howard is capable much more than we got. She was wasted just like Christian Bale in that movie.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Salvation, what a disaster that film was. Aside from some decent action scenes, shit film. My boy Sammy W. stole the show.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Salvation really should have been Worthington's film. Bale is terrible in it, and he's never terrible. That movie created a f**king paradox lol.

Naissus

Naissus

Just think, in another dimension Terminator Salvation was made into a great movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 06, 2015, 01:32:15 AMSalvation really should have been Worthington's film.

I thought that was the plan originally? But then Bale started throwing his weight around and had the part of Connor enlarged so it took up more of the film, as opposed to the small role it originally was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed