TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 674,356 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I finished re-watching season one of TSCC today for the first time since back when it was on TV. It was a lot better than I remember, and I'm looking forward to watching season two, even though I know it ends on a cliffhanger. Definitely in full Terminator mode ahead of Genisys.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 01, 2015, 07:40:03 AM
The Conner-bot™ has no purpose in the poster; besides what is Sarah going to do with that terminator noggin? Head to the Bowl-o-Rama and murder some pins?
Ha ha.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on May 01, 2015, 06:54:59 AM
But considering the poster, as a graphic designer I can see tons of things wrong with it.
I don't think you have to be a graphic designer to see that that poster is subpar.  :)

Not least of which, Sarah Connor is mirror-imaged on it.  A personal pet-peeve. 

predxeno

predxeno

I've been wondering something for awhile, does anyone know whether Catherine Brewster is canon in Genesys?  Before the timeline re-write, I mean.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
I've been wondering something for awhile, does anyone know whether Catherine Brewster is canon in Genesys?  Before the timeline re-write, I mean.

I don't think she will be in the movie. I haven't seen anyone credited as Kate Connor or Kate Brewster on IMDB or Wikipedia, or anywhere else for that matter. Also, io9 saw 12 minutes of Genisys a week or so back and...
Spoiler
here's what they had to say about Salvation:
QuoteAnother cut, and we're even further into the Terminator future, looking at the world from a young Kyle Reese's perspective. He's younger than in Terminator Salvation, maybe 7 or 8 — but you can completely disregard Terminator Salvation, because that's what Terminator Genisys is also doing.
http://io9.com/we-saw-12-minutes-of-terminator-genisys-featuring-biza-1699287250?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

If Genisys is ignoring Salvation, I would say that it's a pretty good bet T3 (and Kate Brewster along with it) is being ignored, as well.
[close]

predxeno

predxeno

So is this a completely separate universe sorta thing, like Alien 5?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think so, but who knows at this point? Anything could happen.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
So is this a completely separate universe sorta thing, like Alien 5?

Wait, what?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think it's more akin to how Sarah Connor Chronicles was an alternate timeline to the one we got in T3 and Salvation. Either way, it can all fit together loosely under the "time travel makes things weird" hand-wave.

predxeno

predxeno

I did some more research on TSCC and its relation to the movies actually, in the core universe Kyle has a younger brother but in TSCC he has an older one.  I think all things considered, they're separate universes, not just separate timelines.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 06:38:52 PM
in the core universe Kyle has a younger brother
No he doesn't.  In the comics maybe, but who would count that shit as "core universe"?

As far as T3/T4 existing in T5's timeline, we'll just have to wait to see.  Even if Kate goes unmentioned, that doesn't mean the film necessarily contradicts the last two, only that it ignores them.

predxeno

predxeno

^Depends on your canon views. :-\

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

T5 is overwriting the events of the whole goddamn franchise. If T1,2,3,4 exists in this movie is irrelevant because even if they do there events are completely changed. Still the one thing that holds the movies all together is that judgement day cannot be stopped nor can the machines win.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: predxeno on May 03, 2015, 02:33:36 AM
^Depends on your canon views. :-\
Which part of my post were you referring to?

predxeno

predxeno

Kyle and his younger brother.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed