Another PC Zone Preview

Started by Rimski, Nov 20, 2009, 12:37:16 PM

Author
Another PC Zone Preview (Read 18,446 times)

Rimski

Rimski

Edit: Links for the scans can be found here:
http://i47.tinypic.com/zxmywk.jpg - Page 1
http://i45.tinypic.com/x1g1.jpg - Page 2

I just thought I'd share some interesting points from the preview. If I'm just repeating information you already know then please close this thread.

Melee Attacks
"Melee attacks fall into a rock, paper, scissors style arrangement: your heavy attacks will break a block, a light attack can counter a slower heavy attack, and a well-timed block can stop a light attack in its tracks. Training yourself to recognise the animations, we're promised, will be key to winning fisticuffs, though here the Marine is at a disadvantage, as he can't use heavy attacks. Instead his penchant for ranged attacks redresses the balance".

Marine Finishing Move
"Marines can block Alien lunges and counter with their own one-hit hill - a balls of steel neck-grab followed by a body slam and a few well-placed rounds to the skull."

Multiplayer Modes
Survivor - "Survivor pits marines against waves of aliens"

Infestation - "Sees a squad of marines fighting a small contingent of player-controlled aliens in a match where, once killed, marine players are resurrected as part of the alien team. Once the marines are whittled down to a single plucky soldier, that player's given a huge cache of weapons with which to make his last stand"

Predator Hunt - "Here, just one player is permitted to step into the skin of the master hunter, and must string together as many brutal murders as possible before he's stredded to bits by miniguns. Once that happens, control of the predator is handed over to whoever finally swatted him"

I just thought I'd point out a couple of niggles that PCZ noticed. They mention that the animations look a little rigid. They are also concerned with whether it will balance, but at the moment they say it's difficult to gauge. On a plus note, they say playing each race feels truly powerful!

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Rimski on Nov 20, 2009, 12:37:16 PM

Marine Finishing Move
"Marines can block Alien lunges and counter with their own one-hit hill - a balls of steel neck-grab followed by a body slam and a few well-placed rounds to the skull."

Wait. What? A marine chokeslams an alien? Umm...

*facepalm

Dusk

Dusk

Seriously, chokeslam? What the hell? I want to suplex those mother****ers!

kvon17

kvon17

I mean, at least a suplex would have you BEHIND the things mouth. and away from claws.

"Hey yall, See that there black lizardy thing? Yah the one with them pointy teeth. Watch I'ma go 'rassle it."

Brother

Brother

What did you expected, harsh language? :)

Ghost Rider LSOV

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 03:12:01 PM

Marine Finishing Move

*facepalm

Facepalm isn't a strong enough word for this... :(

Eldritch

Eldritch

Asspalm  ;D

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 20, 2009, 03:12:01 PM

Marine Finishing Move

*facepalm

DB

DB

Are they actually serious with the Marine finisher part?

Brother

Brother

Would make a great motivation picture.

*Marine chokeslams an alien*

yaji

yaji

Why dont we just wait and see if its really bad thing ? You know guys, we didnt seen the thing yet, and in the end it may be a cool stuff.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: yaji on Nov 20, 2009, 04:29:54 PM
Why dont we just wait and see if its really bad thing ? You know guys, we didnt seen the thing yet, and in the end it may be a cool stuff.

what he said..
Im not saying anything until i see it for my self.

Dusk

Dusk

It may look cool, but it would still be dumb. I hope it'll actually look different than described. Also, blocking a lunge? Shouldn't a lunge count as a heavy hit and be unblockable? Unless they talk about the finisher that would follow after a lunge.

kvon17

kvon17

Sure... a marine choke slamming an alien is cool but it's retarded.

I think there SHOULD be a huge penalty for an alien or predator failing to pull off an execution, but it shouldn't be a choke slam. It would work just as well if it were a "Kick you off of me and blow your head off" animation. Same end result, much less retarded.

Yutani

Yutani

I havent seen it on the actual mp gameplay...so i will wait.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed