AVPR Predalien impregnating idea

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Nov 14, 2009, 04:27:55 AM

Do you like the idea the strause brothers let the predalien do this?

Yes, Great Idea
16 (13.4%)
Eigh... it's okay i guess.
29 (24.4%)
No it's a was a stupid idea
74 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author
AVPR Predalien impregnating idea (Read 41,405 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2009, 09:19:12 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Nov 14, 2009, 04:37:43 PM
Good idea in concept,
How. The entire idea was to take the concept of the facehugger and remove any shred of subtlety it may have had left.

The idea of a woman not only having a child growing in her womb, but an alien monster aswell is disturbing. They could have played off of the idea and it could have had a proper, horrific impact on the audience.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 14, 2009, 11:05:58 PM
The idea of a woman not only having a child growing in her womb, but an alien monster aswell is disturbing. They could have played off of the idea and it could have had a proper, horrific impact on the audience.
Except it completely misses the point that the chestburster is, in itself, a corruption of natural pregnancy. It doesn't need the real thing up alongside it to make it horrifying; doing so makes it hamfisted and immature, it makes it feel like a cheap Alien knockoff (Although Alien knockoffs typically had more class).

The whole idea gives such little credit to the audience, and regards the franchise so f**king shallowly to begin with, that I find t almost insulting - Not as a fan, but as a filmgoer. That these people were paid money to be so completely devoid of creativity, intelligence, or even the slightest understanding of what they were dealing with.

Tundro

Tundro

I never thought the Predalien should reproduce at all.  And the whole juvenile queen thing was bullshit considering that the damn thing is less alien and more abomination.  That's abomination to the fans and the evolutionary chain.

SpaceMarines

Face impregnation? What face impregnation? That never happened!

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2009, 07:34:14 PM
I`m trying to be mature and let other to have their own (even wierd) oppinions, but in such situation I`d really like to punch you.

That's enough of that noise.

The idea was just bad. As SiL said, it misses the point of the Alien, and trying to explain it makes both creatures look ridiculous.

PredMaster125

i agree,the strause brothers were real dumbasses about contradicting the regular life cycle we fans know and love.

Master

Master

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 15, 2009, 04:01:08 AM
Quote from: Master on Nov 14, 2009, 07:34:14 PM
I`m trying to be mature and let other to have their own (even wierd) oppinions, but in such situation I`d really like to punch you.

That's enough of that noise.

The idea was just bad. As SiL said, it misses the point of the Alien, and trying to explain it makes both creatures look ridiculous.
I`m not saying that I`ll actually do, not even if I had a chance. But still I`d really like to. ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2009, 11:10:57 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Nov 14, 2009, 11:05:58 PM
Except it completely misses the point that the chestburster is, in itself, a corruption of natural pregnancy. It doesn't need the real thing up alongside it to make it horrifying; doing so makes it hamfisted and immature, it makes it feel like a cheap Alien knockoff (Although Alien knockoffs typically had more class).

The whole idea gives such little credit to the audience, and regards the franchise so f**king shallowly to begin with, that I find t almost insulting - Not as a fan, but as a filmgoer. That these people were paid money to be so completely devoid of creativity, intelligence, or even the slightest understanding of what they were dealing with.

This right here people, is hate.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

It's also truth.

echobbase79

How could the idea of worked without being so shallow and insulting Sil? How would you have made that idea work? I'm just curious. 

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 16, 2009, 03:56:50 AM

How could the idea of worked without being so shallow and insulting Sil? How would you have made that idea work? I'm just curious. 

by not using it at all.

echobbase79

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Nov 16, 2009, 04:13:19 AM

by not using it at all.

To easy.

Any idea can be turned into something good. The filmmakers just didn't think about it enough.  

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 16, 2009, 04:16:01 AM

by not using it at all.

To easy.

Any idea can be turned into something good. The filmmakers just didn't think about it enough.  

the idea of impregnating an already pregnant women is discusting. i know it would happen but i didn't need to see that. the hole movie was pretty Liam and to think of a little baby being consumed buy little aliens and watching the mothers stomach explode is demented. to think that they couldn't think of a good movie, but could think to show that makes it clear they made the movie for the wrong reasons. it didn't help that my wife was pregnant when  i saw this. i wanted to be entertained, not grossed out. there is no way to make this a good idea. just a discusting offensive one.

Puks

Puks

Agreed. They put it in just for the sake of gore and disgust..

echobbase79

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Nov 16, 2009, 04:41:12 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 16, 2009, 04:16:01 AM

by not using it at all.

To easy.

the idea of impregnating an already pregnant women is discusting. i know it would happen but i didn't need to see that. the hole movie was pretty Liam and to think of a little baby being consumed buy little aliens and watching the mothers stomach explode is demented. to think that they couldn't think of a good movie, but could think to show that makes it clear they made the movie for the wrong reasons. it didn't help that my wife was pregnant when  i saw this. i wanted to be entertained, not grossed out. there is no way to make this a good idea. just a discusting offensive one.

Most of you stated is personal taste. An alien wants to survive and it will use any means possible to do so. I personally wasn't that affected by the belly busters. It was to silly and over the top. They should've used the less is more effect. I thought the dog scene in Alien 3 was much more disturbing.

A good writer and can make any idea work. Unfortunately, we got a very bad writer on these movies who has no clue how to write.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed