AVPR Predalien impregnating idea

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Nov 14, 2009, 04:27:55 AM

Do you like the idea the strause brothers let the predalien do this?

Yes, Great Idea
16 (13.4%)
Eigh... it's okay i guess.
29 (24.4%)
No it's a was a stupid idea
74 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author
AVPR Predalien impregnating idea (Read 41,534 times)

MadassAlex

Damn right it is.

\m/

A55tricky

A55tricky

megadeth is one of my my top 5 favorite bands.

ArwingAssultX

ArwingAssultX

Just throwing this out there but really what the f**k are people saying shit like, that was gross ew Why did the Predalien lay eggs in her, Alien and Predator are Horror creations! And part of horror is disterbing images. Predator skins people thats how you idenify Predator. Aliens headbite people and tear people apart and you guys are saying eww to that? what horror do you watch?  As for children dying Newt died that was more emotinal. Children dying happens in alot of movies to make you feel sad and depressed Another part of horror. As for AvP R I thought it was decent. I enjoyed it. Alot of peoples opinions effect others on this site I have found to...

SM

SM

Full grown Aliens don't vomit up 'eggs' down pregnant chicks throats.

And those eggs couldn't have gotten into her womb without killing her long before the bursters came out.

It was a gross out gag simply for the sake of being a gross out gag and breaking taboos about pregnant women.  Along the lines of a chestbursting kid earlier on - which from all reports was just crap, nevermind gross.  Seems it owed more to Saw or Hostel than any of it's predeccesors.

ArwingAssultX

I thought it was a R rated movie! Shit like that happens. As for multiple Aliens that was stupid. What I think is that it was a queen facehugger and luckely became a hybrid.

SM

SM

QuoteI thought it was a R rated movie! Shit like that happens.

Good for you, oh devotee of Saw and Hostel movies.

No one is not expecting blood and gore - welcome it after the moronically bloodless AvP.  But you can have blood and gore and still be tasteful about it.

If they wanted to go down that path, then have the woman hugged, then go into labour, only to have the chestburster pop out.  And give it some context.  Alien had a thing about male rape.  Aliens had a motherhood thing, which could've been echoed here if they'd had a half competent writer and directors.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: ArwingAssultX on Jan 04, 2010, 04:21:20 AM
I thought it was a R rated movie! Shit like that happens. As for multiple Aliens that was stupid. What I think is that it was a queen facehugger and luckely became a hybrid.
the scenes with the kid and pregnant women was immature. yes it would happen but i don't need to see it. someone said earlier on this board and made a good point: less is more. in star wars: E III when aniken walked up to the little kids and ignited his lightsaber you know he killed them. you didn't have to see him cutting kids up.

what those brothers did was take a laim plot and add a bunch of shock value to try and make a good movie. they made the movie for the wrong reasons.

ArwingAssultX

ArwingAssultX

That whole have her go into labor then wamo just happened in Dawn of Dead Remake. Its predictable, Lame and is rarely done well. As i said hanging skinned people is not worse?  Its f**kin Star Wars they wont show that its PG13

SpaceMarines

No, it's not worse. In the narrative context of the film (Predator), it added to the mystery and, consequentially, the overall effect that the film had. Pregnant woman multi-burster was simply a cheap cop-out which added nothing to the film, and actually had a detrimental effect.

SM

SM

QuoteIts f**kin Star Wars they wont show that its PG13

And yet I daresay Anakin igniting his lightsabre in front of the trusting younglings packed more of an emotional punch than anything involving that f**katarded PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed).

QuoteAs i said hanging skinned people is not worse?

No - as per SpaceMarines post above.

ArwingAssultX

Ya ok, But the PredAlien has its deput on film For the first time its mysterious at times and thats its nature to keep its species or sub species alive! There was also the Predalien eats babys, during the hospital scene it cuts that off.

ArwingAssultX

You can honistly say you dont like the hybrid? Why cause it impregnets all ready been impregnated woman? 

SM

SM

'Cos it looked like utter shit more than anything else.  Tacked on mandibles, wanky dreads, titties.  Them f**king up the life cycle for cheap shocks was just the cherry on top.  The chestbursters effectively aborting the unborn baby, was simply art imitating life.

QuoteBut the PredAlien has its deput on film For the first time its mysterious at times and thats its nature to keep its species or sub species alive!

They could've preserved "mystery" - not that there seems to be any - without breaking rules.  But once again they lacked competent writers and directors.

ArwingAssultX

You said you hated it why are you saying it was Art imatating life? It was something new just like the Newborn. You cannot keep running off the same ideas

SM

SM

It's art imitating life - ie. the film was an abortion.

As for the Newborn - it fitted into the context of the film, what with all the genetic screwing around.  The PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) doesn't because they don't appear to have given it any real thought.  Only retrospect do we get the filmmakers telling us 'Oh, it's a young Queen' or 'Oh it inherited the Predator's reproductive system'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed