AVPR Predalien impregnating idea

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Nov 14, 2009, 04:27:55 AM

Do you like the idea the strause brothers let the predalien do this?

Yes, Great Idea
16 (13.4%)
Eigh... it's okay i guess.
29 (24.4%)
No it's a was a stupid idea
74 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author
AVPR Predalien impregnating idea (Read 41,404 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: SM on Nov 17, 2009, 12:33:19 AM
QuoteIve always wanted to see a kid get face-hugged and chest-bursted

Why?

That sort of thing can be implied without actually showing it.  And from all reports it would've been better to not show it this time. Anakin igniting his sabre in front of the Younglings did the job perfectly without showing him chopping them up. 

U know, ur absolutely right. Never thought of it that way. That is really the best example. Im all for the "less is more" aspect too, not some 12 year old on the board wanting to see gore for the sake of gore. I still for some reason wanna see it done tho, even if it is just for me and my own personal needs hehe. Maybe id like to see it in the books or games. Leave it out of the movies, but still imply it. I guess thats what Cameron did by showing the little kid on the bike in Aliens...

SpaceMarines

Okay, who were the two people who voted "Yes, great idea,"? Come on, show yourselves!

SM

SM

QuoteLeave it out of the movies, but still imply it. I guess thats what Cameron did by showing the little kid on the bike in Aliens...

Yeah and Timmy.

You might even be able to get away with a kid being hugged but not showing the bursting.  You know that's going to be the end result without actually seeing it.

SiL

SiL

When the ladies pop in AvPR, you wonder why you're watching it because it's so friggin' immature.

When the abortion scene rocks around in Cannibal Holocaust you're wondering why you're watching, because no-one should witness such depravity.

Guess which is the more effective movie.

Aeus

Aeus

Who watches Cannibal Holocaust:D

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Cool people.

keylight-di

IMO - Stupid idea and completely unnecessary. More scarier is what you can't see, only playing in imagination. This all scene was not scary. It was only abominably.  >:(
I say it not as mother of child, I say it as human person.

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Ok im probly gunna get yelled at for saying it was a good idea. and i only have one reason why it was a good idea and the only reason why i clicked yes...

The idea of having the predalien do this impregnating was ok..because it could put multiple embreyos in one host for rapid population of the alien species...so it could infest at a faster rate than waiting on the Queen alien, eggs, and face huggers to do there jog. also it doesnt require the queen to lay the eggs and have a face hugger plant the embreyo when you have a predalien just do it right there in a easier way....

thats my opinion....please dont hammer me for clicking yes....

SpaceMarines

He said yes! Get him!

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Sorry man.....i didnt mean to do it...it was both a no reason why it should  and yes on what you can do with it....but i really dont care bout AvPR so it was just me rambling

RomanianGuy

I have to say that when I saw this movie the first time (it was in theatres, I was with my dad), I thought it was pretty shocking and gory, especially compared to the first AVP, and also most of the films in the separate franchises. We never got to see a kid getting face-hugged and chest-bursted before, and especially with the whole dad-son thingy, as I was with my dad. Still, I got more grossed out cause of the mother impregnation and burster scenes, it was downright weird and unexpected.

Don't get me wrong here, but I like being scared and slightly grossed out by movies, nowadays few movies have that effect, and those scenes were kinda needed, or if not them, something slightly less offensive. Just think about it, without a little controversy, it would be a much suckier movie than it already is.

A55tricky

A55tricky

those scenes didn't make the movie better, actually it made them worse. not only did i have to watch that awful movie, but then i had to see children die and pregnant women explode. not cool. it was those scenes that show that they tried to make the movie good the wrong way. that they had really no intention of having good plot just gory scenes that hopefully mad up for their lack of effort for writing. and they failed.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: Necronomicon IV on Dec 15, 2009, 03:39:56 PM
Okay it was dumb, but maybe this is the way Preds reproduce and the facehugger took not only genetic makeup from the host but also reproductive processes? :-X
don't defend it. it was stupid.

Jorko_Beliata

Lame. Just can't put this better. Even worse than the newborn. The wrong way to make things more interesting.

A55tricky

A55tricky

is that dave mustain?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed