!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!!

Started by Stringer_Pred, Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:08 AM

Author
!!!SPOILERS - Predators script by Mike Finch & Alex Litvak - SPOILERS!!! (Read 205,676 times)

Mr. Domino

I'm really not sure whether to read this or not. On the one hand, its undoubtedly not the 'final' script, but on the other hand, I'd still be spoiling a lot for meself.

Probably will read it a bit later.

Aeus

Finished...An no, it isn't good.

Spoiler
There's an Alternate ending...And if they use it, I'll end my own life in the Cinema.
[close]

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 11, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
Did I read it right or do the Predators have black blood?

Spoiler
Yeah the Black/Super Predators do.
[close]

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 11, 2009, 01:06:13 PM
Only have read 52 pages so far. Overall I like it, though there've been some moments that made me go "Eh... come on, really?"

Spoiler
Like the BSPs Minigun Shoulder Cannon shooting bullets out of the air?  :D
[close]

Dusk

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 01:25:35 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Exactly.

slipknotpredator

Spoiler talking people  :D

Aeus

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 11, 2009, 01:32:17 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 01:25:35 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Exactly.

Spoiler
That's nothing on the Alternate ending. Hell, the standard ending is bad enough.
[close]

Dusk

Starting at page 68, something I wanted to see for a while in a Predator movie. I hope they make it look good.

Aeus

Spoiler
Predators tracking the suvivors through the swamp? Or the Hanzo vs. Super Predator fight that ensues? Because I personally hate the later.
[close]

slipknotpredator

Is the black super predator something good?

Aeus

Anytime would tear him a new one.

Dusk

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 01:43:30 PM
Spoiler
Predators tracking the suvivors through the swamp? Or the Hanzo vs. Super Predator fight that ensues? Because I personally hate the later.
[close]

Spoiler
The latter. I always thought Predator's in medieval japan, slaying Samurais would be a great sight. This is the closest we get to that.

And yeah, the Alternate ending is pretty bad.
[close]

After reading the entire script, I don't understand why Super Predators are needed at all. What's wrong with normal Predators? They are already more than hardcore enough.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 11:47:03 AM
Give in Johnny! GIVE IN!

I know I have. ;D
Spoiler
Alright I'm going to be honest with you i gave in... and there are some pretty good things in it, i liked a lot of stuff.. but i hate the rest, these pussy's make the AvP preds look strong, anytime would so wipe the floor with them.

Black blood?? WTF is up with that?

And the face description of the black super predator at the end sounds even worse than scar, actually, its exactly everything that the fans hated about the AvP preds and more, described in detail what was wrong with the last Predators.

I cant f**king believe it, whats the point in having a super Predator if they get killed so easily? I mean really easy... and black blood?
The two endings sound ridiculous, especially the one with dutch, and you still really think that Predator 2 is a bad sequel if you read this shit???
[close]

keylight-di

Finished.  Amazing...  But I don't like the endings. Both...  :-\
BTW this is only script. We don't know what director will do with it. Really..
(Damn, I burned my dinner).

Johnny Handsome

Spoiler
What i hate about it the most is that these Predators are genetically modified, this will definitially the Alien:Rez in the Predator series.

And why does Hanzo kill the Predator? Whats the point of a super Predator if these are actually less strong than the previous ones??

f**king dumb.
[close]

keylight-di

I absolutely agree. Bigger, better? It can't work this way.  :-\

Aeus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 11, 2009, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2009, 11:47:03 AM
Give in Johnny! GIVE IN!

I know I have. ;D
Spoiler
Alright I'm going to be honest with you i gave in... and there are some pretty good things in it, i liked a lot of stuff.. but i hate the rest, these pussy's make the AvP preds look strong, anytime would so wipe the floor with them.

Black blood?? WTF is up with that?

And the face description of the black super predator at the end sounds even worse than scar, actually, its exactly everything that the fans hated about the AvP preds and more, described in detail what was wrong with the last Predators.

I cant f**king believe it, whats the point in having a super Predator if they get killed so easily? I mean really easy... and black blood?
The two endings sound ridiculous, especially the one with dutch, and you still really think that Predator 2 is a bad sequel if you read this shit???
[close]

I was hoping you'd read it. I wanted to see what you'd make of it.

Spoiler
The whole script, for me, comes off as the writers over indulging themselves. The take the basic layout from PREDATOR (including certain moments and lines) and just ADHD the f**k out of them. The BSPs and SPs are redundant because not only are they inferior to the Predators in 1 & 2, the way they're described gives me a mental image of a Predator I would never want to see...Medieval armor, triple shoulder-cannon, huge mandibles and black blood. Where is the need to change it? There isn't, it's just the writers whacking off.

My biggest complaint with PREDATOR 2 is that the film lacks the subtlety of the original. The Predator just went around the city tearing everyone a new one, and it ended up seeming out of character and lacking suspense. PREDATORS blows this out of the water. It literally has no subtlety, and the Predators couldm't possibly be more out of character. What happened to hunting people down one at a time? f**k that...Just have Mombassa get impaled in front of everyone and then unleash with your Minigun Shoulder Cannon.

There we're bits I liked, such as the Predator mimicking Cuchillo's pleas. The characters were also better than the ones in AVP/R, but that's not saying much. Royce wasn't exactly likable, and I didn't find myself caring when he fought BSP. I was more interested in what Edwin was up to.

Also? A guy using a sword to chop a Predator in half? What happened to "What kills us just hurts them"? ...Stupid.

This sucks extra hard because the first few pages we're some of the most intense I've ever read. It certainly makes me look on PREDATOR 2 more favorably.

Gah. I'm going to give it another read.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed