is the queen a he/she or is there a male involved

Started by IZF, Sep 03, 2009, 02:29:56 AM

Author
is the queen a he/she or is there a male involved (Read 921 times)

IZF

well ive researched xenomorph king for about 5 mins and i found an image of an alien king  it was a toy by i think kenner toys idk but i do wonder do xenomorphs hav the abilkity 2 mate atleast royal xenomoprhs and if they inherit DNA from there host then woulodnt they get some naughty habits from humans?:  if any1 has seen any of the speices a mans greatest weakness is the urge to mate so wouldnt xenomorphs inherit that weakness? o and i think there was a king alien in a comic but a scientist dude made it. but im guessing lik ants and bees that the majority of the xenomoprgh population cant mate and the well if there is a king it would probally die like male ants ddie

SM

Aliens have no king.  Aliens need no king.

When a Queen lays eggs, she is essentially ovaluting.  Each one of those eggs - like any ovum - has the potential to become a new lifeform.

The mating of egg and host = Alien.  That's where the fertilsation comes in.  So a Queen being knocked up by another Ailen is redundant.

The twist on it is that from the egg comes the "sperm" in the form of a facehugger.  The host is now analogous to an ovum AND a womb.  The hugger interacts with the host to create the chestburster embryo.

The Necronoir

Quote from: SM on Sep 03, 2009, 02:50:22 AM
Aliens have no king.  Aliens need no king.

Hahahaha! Nice.

Quote from: SM on Sep 03, 2009, 02:50:22 AM
The twist on it is that from the egg comes the "sperm" in the form of a facehugger.  The host is now analogous to an ovum AND a womb.  The hugger interacts with the host to create the chestburster embryo.

That isn't entirely accurate. I think we've had this discussion before, but while the facehugger may seem to resemble the function of a sperm, it's actually the other way around. In terrestrial biology it is the ovum which is closest to a 'blank', and the sperm which determines various traits such as gender etc. With the aliens, we know that the host is what determines certain specific traits, so it is they which fulfil the role of the sperm, even though the 'ovum' is actually inside them.

SM

Well you could look at it that way - but since your average Alien doesn't change a great deal between species you could argue the hugger determines most of the traits.

Broadly speaking.  One doesn't want to get down into too many details, looking for connections that aren't really there.

The Necronoir

It isn't that specific, in fact it's quite broad.

Like an ovum, the facehugger contains the basic biological data of every alien, such as the number of limbs, double jaw, tail, etc). And like a sperm, the host determines more subtle traits, like the overall proportions, its primary means of locomotion, and other minor details.

Nothing too mind-bending about that.

SiL

I like getting into nit-picky arguments as much as the next person, but sheezy Christ, does it really f**king matter if someone calls the face-hugger a sperm?

SM

Just a walking schlong then?

SiL

Ambulatory penis indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed