How big are they?

Started by Pred Killer, Aug 14, 2009, 05:38:52 AM

Author
How big are they? (Read 1,875 times)

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

What do you say is the ht/wt for Aliens/Preds? IMO the Aliens are probably larger seeing that they on average stand about a head taller than Preds, not to mention, as mentioned in the Anchorpointessays, they have the incorporation of Iron into the exoskeletons, this would probably make them weigh alot more, not to mention also they have the large head and thick muscular tail, and they have the large dorsal spines excluding the runner which probably serves as balance

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

When 'AvP' first came out, some theatres had official "statistic" lobby cards that gave the height and weight for your average Alien and average Predator. If I remember right, the Predator was something like 400 pounds, and the Alien was 350. I can't quite remember the heights, but the Predator was a few inches taller.

Xhan

Xhan

8 feet 200-250 Alien.

7 feet 350-400 Pred.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Meh, I still say Aliens weigh more. Preds are way too small to weigh 400, maybe Celtic weighs 400, but I say Scar and Gill were more around 250. Aliens are about 400 avg IMO.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I dunno, when you're about 7'6" and all dense muscle, you probably weigh a lot.

Edit-- from this site, a 7'6" person should weigh around 290... and that's not if they're a super-strong, buff, intergalactic hunter. I imagine 400 pounds wouldn't be impossible.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

The aliens have alot of iron incorporated into their body, I would say the weight you were looking at was probably how much they weigh in armor, aliens do not wear armor, so there we go.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Where is this "iron" thing coming from? Anchorpoint? They kinda make a lot of stuff up - it makes for fun reading, but it's basically fan-fiction. :)

SiL

SiL

I go by the original movies. Bolaji in the original suit was a bit taller than Kevin Peter Hall in his suit. I don't really think there's an exceptional difference in height, though.

Can't imagine the Alien weighs much, and certainly not more than a Predator.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

They incorporate alot of scientific facts about organisms, not to mention their information is actually believable. Another thing, did you see how easily Grid tackled Celtic? -Hint hint-

Aliens are thing but heavily riddled with bones and protrusions, not to mention their massive head and tail, I am sure if you took those away they would weigh less, but including all of them Aliens outweigh preds by a good 20 - 30 lbs.

EDIT: SiL, I personally prefer the Resurrection aliens, they are more animalistic, creature-like version that should fight the preds, not the Bolaji alien.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2009, 06:19:35 AM
I go by the original movies. Bolaji in the original suit was a bit taller than Kevin Peter Hall in his suit. I don't really think there's an exceptional difference in height, though.

Can't imagine the Alien weighs much, and certainly not more than a Predator.
Both actors are 7'2" - I'm willing to peg the Predator at 7'6" with the costume and whatnot, and that's probably an outside estimate. I suspect the Alien costume was actually several inches taller than the Predator costume due to the big head. Kevin Peter Hall was essentially wearing a "mask" for the Predator costume, but the Alien suit sat *above* Bolaji's head if I remember right, so it'd make the Alien taller than the Predator.

That said, the Aliens in other movies have been shorter for the most part, but that's a by-product of the actors playing them. They're not short by any means, but I don't think they're nearly as tall as the one in 'Alien'.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 14, 2009, 06:21:32 AM
They incorporate alot of scientific facts about organisms, not to mention their information is actually believable.
The guy who runs it - Thedus - will be the first to tell you it's just speculation.

QuoteAnother thing, did you see how easily Grid tackled Celtic? -Hint hint-
Bolaji Bodejo, the guy in the Alien suit, pinned Yaphet Koto, the actor who played Parker, to the ground. Yaphet Koto is and was built like a brick shithouse. Bolaji looked like he'd snap in two if you touched him too hard.

Just because the Alien tackled Celtic doesn't mean the Alien is heavier.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 14, 2009, 06:23:26 AM
That said, the Aliens in other movies have been shorter for the most part, but that's a by-product of the actors playing them. They're not short by any means, but I don't think they're nearly as tall as the one in 'Alien'.
Hence why I go by the first movie :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well yeah, I was just sayin'. :P

edit-- and get back on MSN dagnabbit!

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: SiL on Aug 14, 2009, 06:25:30 AM
Bolaji looked like he'd snap in two if you touched him too hard.
They are probably riddled with hidden muscles, they are aliens, just because they are portrayed by humans doesn't mean they are built like them, I would say they are heavier than they look, you can't judge them just by looking at their torso, possibly that is their lightest bodypart, heaviest is probably their head, tail, and dorsal spines, all together, being around 8' that would put them at around 290 - 340 average. Preds, being around 7'6, would probably weigh more than aliens in their armor and such around 300 - 400 average. Just bare skin though they probs weigh about 270 - 280

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I agree, I don't think Aliens would be particularly light, especially since they've got a mesoskeleton, both an exo- and endo-skeleton. An exoskeleton of that size alone would weigh a lot, enough to crush the Alien under its own weight (there are physical size limits to how big exoskeletal creatures can get before they can't support their own exoskeletons; that's why we don't see beetles the size of house-cats or something like that). To support that, it would have an internal skeleton as well. All of that weight would add up. :)

SM

SM

QuoteThat said, the Aliens in other movies have been shorter for the most part, but that's a by-product of the actors playing them. They're not short by any means, but I don't think they're nearly as tall as the one in 'Alien'.

When victim and Alien are standing - the victims are always looking up at the Alien.  Whether the actors are shorter or not - we know they are - the Aliens are all supposed to be the same approximate height.  Ripley tells Andrews it's 8', which is about right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed