Aliens Premiere Anniversary

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jul 18, 2009, 09:28:25 AM

Author
Aliens Premiere Anniversary (Read 620 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Today is the anniversary of the premiere of James Cameron's Aliens  :)

23 years ago today Ripley returned.  And we were introduced to the "sweet hearts" of the Colonial marines,the lone surviving colonist...the company scumbag..the droid with a sense of humor and the Queen of the Aliens.

Most fans I've met on line and in person this is their favorite of the film franchise.

To celebrate I'll be returning to LV426 today..where "they mostly come out at night..mostly" 
(I'll be armed with popcorn & iced tea ;)

Happy Aliens Anniversary!

Vulhala

Vulhala

I'm going to watch the TC tonight, as I haven't seen that cut for years. I'll be armed with something a little stronger than Iced Tea though  :D

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I remember when i was very little Sigourney Weaver did an interview on a breakfast tv show called TV AM, she was waring the leather Jacket from Aliens and they showed the clip were she takes the APC for a joy ride.  Little did i know that years later id watch the film and become a fan.  Your post brought that memory back Darwinsgirl.  Well guess I'll be watching the Theatrical Cut later on  ;)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Glad it brought back good memories xeno. :)

I put the theatrical cut on before leaving for work. I'd forgotten how different it is from the special edition. Jumping from the hearing to Ripley's apartment. :o  Been so long since I've seen that version. I'd forgotten how much was cut from it.

Finishing it tonight!

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I watched the Theatrical Cut with a mate and all the way through he was like "Hang on, wheres that bit?" or "The guns bits missing to"  followed by "Your version is sh!t mate"  hes only ever watched the special edition never the Theatrical Cut so he didnt know there was one.  The Twonk.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed