Aliens Cartoon / Animation

Started by midget, Jul 13, 2009, 03:19:49 AM

Author
Aliens Cartoon / Animation (Read 22,123 times)

SM

SM

QuoteUmm...Batman: The Animated Series, anyone?

To be fair - chalk and cheese.  Batman don't have shit burtsing out of peoples chests or their brains getting cored.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Sep 02, 2009, 04:45:06 AM
Just a sense of innocent until proved guilty.

Fair enough.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Sep 02, 2009, 04:44:09 AM
Umm...Batman: The Animated Series, anyone?

Batman's more of a comic character.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Sep 02, 2009, 04:44:09 AMI love it when people can open my eyes to what is and is not of any value in this world! I'm painfully aware of how little my own opinions matter, so I think its wonderful when someone disregards them entirely and tells me how the world is!

And claiming that I should value this just because is the same thing you're criticising.

The tl;dr version of my argument is that money is the Word of God for Fox, and if you're willing to support something like this, then it's your cash and your viewing experience. Go for it. But expect more of the same.

SiL

SiL

Just like we're still being inundated with Kenner-style bright plastic monkey-Aliens?

SM

SM

QuoteThe tl;dr version of my argument is that money is the Word of God for Fox, and if you're willing to support something like this, then it's your cash and your viewing experience.

When has it ever been any different?  Not like that's anything new.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SiL on Sep 02, 2009, 05:37:05 AM
Just like we're still being inundated with Kenner-style bright plastic monkey-Aliens?

Fair point, but the conceptual fallout from that period remains with us, mostly in many of the Predalien concepts that are just flat-out poor. AvP2 and AvP:R are both perfectly apt examples of Predalien designs that were just not visually appealing or intimidating.

Note that the Obsidian game was going to, essentially, take the Kenner toy line entirely seriously if the artwork is anything to judge by.  

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2009, 05:49:05 AM
When has it ever been any different?  Not like that's anything new.

Taking an attitude wherein we support products that please us and don't act complacent with those that don't is the only quality control this franchise can really hope for. That's my point. This won't work for big-release movies, but we killed the possibility of AvP3 for many years with this method after Primal Hunt, so it'll work within smaller industries.

SM

SM

Problem is punters, more often than not, have to purchase a given product in order to find out it's shit.  Same with buying a movie ticket.  By this point, Fox already has your money.  Some of us grow tired of the garbage being served up and don't bother with new stuff.  Others get sucked in to thinking the next product will somehow be something really so go consume it some more.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 02, 2009, 05:55:49 AM
AvP2 and AvP:R are both perfectly apt examples of Predalien designs that were just not visually appealing or intimidating.
This has more to do with following the iconic design that was popularised by the comic Duel, than Kenner.

QuoteNote that the Obsidian game was going to, essentially, take the Kenner toy line entirely seriously if the artwork is anything to judge by.  
It, I swear to God, could not have been worse than the Konami Aliens arcade game. That didn't even have the excuse of Kenner's figures - Bubblegum pink Aliens, lightning Aliens, two-legged red frog-hopping Aliens ... sheezy Christ, the list went on.

When it comes to bizarre brightly-coloured Aliens, I paraphrase Bishop - "They've been with us all along."

Well, more or less.

SM

SM

I do so love that old Konami Aliens game.

SiL

SiL

It is so much fun.

I like playing as second player, which lets you be Hicks, and letting myself get killed by the Queen at the end.

I like to imagine that, somewhere, a "DEY KILD HIX N NOOT" noob sheds a tear.

SM

SM

And an all too overenthusiastic Alien3 Assembly Cut fanboy cracks a fat!

SiL

SiL

Or if I'm in the mood, I'll let myself die in the hive, and allow Cameron's original vision for ALIENS to be complete.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

You're horrible. Have you tried not ever shooting your gun and making love to the alien before dying to make Weaver's original vision of Aliens come true?

SiL

SiL

Yeah, but the "have sex" button didn't work on my copy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed