Aliens Cartoon / Animation

Started by midget, Jul 13, 2009, 03:19:49 AM

Author
Aliens Cartoon / Animation (Read 22,122 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Ugh! Looks like crap!

Marines karate kicking/punching wobbly Barney looking Aliens is kind of atrocious.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

It was supposed to be a kids show.

I've been trying to scrounge up every morsel of info I can on Operation: Aliens for some time now, and this is the closest thing to the story that I've been able to piece together (Some gaps filled in with educated guesses):

The idea came out of the fox brain trust around the same time as the glut of marketing for Alien 3 to do Aliens as a Saturday morning cartoon show. It evidently started production through a Korean studio, but nothing is known about who exactly was involved or whether or not the alleged pilot episode was ever actually filmed. The production stills that have been posted earlier in this thread came from 'a long gone website about animation produced in Korea' but as far as I know, no video has been found.

Of course, Fox had already planned the toy line and various paraphernalia for the show. I've heard (and it seems like a logical conclusion) that the Kenner line that everyone is so familiar with was originally going to be under the Operation: Aliens brand name, but that the name was changed at the last minute since the show's production had been cancelled. It was evidently too late to change the name, though, for the Jigsaw puzzles, plaster molding set, board game, toy case, watch, and a few other items.

That's what I know. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Vanski

Vanski

Like the look of the show, ofcourse it doesn't look exactly like aliens, but it still looked entertainng enough  :).

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

We need a show like this, though far more adult.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Vanski on Jul 24, 2009, 11:38:58 PM
Like the look of the show, ofcourse it doesn't look exactly like aliens, but it still looked entertainng enough  :).

Agreed. If anything it would have been an intresting thing to see included in the series.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I'd love to see this pilot.  It looks ridiculous, childish, and money-grubbing, but entertaining in a lame way.  I'd like to see it mainly out of curiosity.

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Quote from: Bone Crusher on Jul 25, 2009, 12:08:52 AM

You mean like Spawn the anmated series mature, or Batman the animated series mature?

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: dragonthingy on Jul 29, 2009, 06:14:35 AM

You mean like Spawn the anmated series mature, or Batman the animated series mature?

I would prefer more like the Spawn series.

I think making toons from R-rated movies you got to go with the most gritty format.

If you "for kids" it, then you lose a lot.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

you don't have to 'for kids' it to make it acceptable for kids. The aforementioned Batman Animated Series is one of the finest TV shows ever created. It was acceptable for kids, but its also brilliant for adults and is imo the definitive version of Batman.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Does anyone happen to know who produced this pilot?  I'd like to know if there's anybody we can flood with emails about it. :P

Zyklon

Zyklon

As crappy as it looks, I desperately want to see it!!

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I've been trying to find out for a long time, and sadly haven't come up with anything so far. Evidently, there's going to be (or at least was planned to be) something about it on the Aliens blu-ray release, but they were having trouble finding anything out, so it may or may not make the final release. That was actually where I found out about it being produced in Korea.

The animation style shown in the production stills is very reminiscent of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series, so there might be some connection there.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

The 2-disc DVD sets we got are so insanely packed with special features, I was wondering why this show didn't make it into any of them.

Bone Crusher

Bone Crusher

Spawn, but Jesus that Batman animated show is so incredibly awesome. Hell I even had my picture taken with a Adam West esc Batman in the local Shopping mall I was so big a fan.

It would have been nice to see more of this alien series though, shame really.

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Quote from: Bone Crusher on Aug 02, 2009, 05:17:17 AM

Spawn, but Jesus that Batman animated show is so incredibly awesome. Hell I even had my picture taken with a Adam West esc Batman in the local Shopping mall I was so big a fan.

It would have been nice to see more of this alien series though, shame really.

Great to see you're a fan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed