Alien Prequel or Hadley's Hope?

Started by Friendly Wise, Jul 12, 2009, 12:19:29 AM

Author
Alien Prequel or Hadley's Hope? (Read 6,923 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: highlandpred on Jul 12, 2009, 07:33:19 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 12, 2009, 04:56:13 AM
True.

I just wanted to see the transition of a human colony from a human environ to an alien one.  Hadley's hope is the only mass scale infection in the standalone's.  I think there is potential in that storyline.

Not HH necessarily, just a similar situation.

But thats actually happening off screen in aliens. now were trying to fit a prequel, in between movies, in between scenes.........? what next? Ripley's life story before alien?

talk about milking it.

QuoteNot HH necessarily, just a similar situation.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 13, 2009, 01:50:15 AM
True.

I just wanted to see the transition of a human colony from a human environ to an alien one.  Hadley's hope is the only mass scale infection in the standalone's.  I think there is potential in that storyline.

But thats actually happening off screen in aliens. now were trying to fit a prequel, in between movies, in between scenes.........? what next? Ripley's life story before alien?

talk about milking it.

...and i'll say it again, that story (or any similar)does not explain the need for it to be a prequel. That story can easily be Alien 5. Which is why this has to be about the jockey IMO

automirage04

Regardless of what the script actually entails, I really hope they keep live jockeys out of it. I just don't think there is any way to do it well, or if there is a way to do it well, Fox certainly won't choose to do it that way.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: highlandpred on Jul 13, 2009, 03:20:08 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 13, 2009, 01:50:15 AM
True.

talk about milking it.

...and i'll say it again, that story (or any similar)does not explain the need for it to be a prequel. That story can easily be Alien 5. Which is why this has to be about the jockey IMO

I reckon an Alien prequel would be about the jockey, and not about Hadley's Hope. 

I also think a Hadley's Hope situation has been passed over.  There is no epicness to it.  It would've been nice in the early going of the series, but now the series needs closure, not any sort of extension.

Meathead320

Why not just leave Hadleys alone, and make a new story, that takes place between A1 and A2, seperate from them.

There was a 57 year gap between A1 and A2, and there very well could have been other people who found the Derelict with similar results as A1.

It could even end up being a story that ultimately leads to no survivors, so as to not interfeer with A1 or A2 directly.

For all we know the scenerio that happened in A1 could have repeated several times before Hadleys was constructed.

Even for purposes of a sequel movie, or A5, that derelict could still be there. What was the blast radius? 40 km? I doubt that would reach the derelict either.

SM

SM

They could include the Derelict if they wanted, but they'd be ignoring the events of Alien3 and Resurrection.

QuoteFor all we know the scenerio that happened in A1 could have repeated several times before Hadleys was constructed.

And no one at WY ever caught on?

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2009, 01:48:12 AM
They could include the Derelict if they wanted, but they'd be ignoring the events of Alien3 and Resurrection.

QuoteFor all we know the scenerio that happened in A1 could have repeated several times before Hadleys was constructed.

they have ignored much bigger things.  ::)

They could also just say that the grid cordinates of the derelict were lost, or that geological activity spurred by the explosion burried it. Hundreds of years later, they dig it up again.

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2009, 01:48:12 AM

And no one at WY ever caught on?

It is WY after all.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Meathead320 on Jul 22, 2009, 01:43:14 AM
Why not just leave Hadleys alone, and make a new story, that takes place between A1 and A2, seperate from them.

There was a 57 year gap between A1 and A2, and there very well could have been other people who found the Derelict with similar results as A1.

It could even end up being a story that ultimately leads to no survivors, so as to not interfeer with A1 or A2 directly.

For all we know the scenerio that happened in A1 could have repeated several times before Hadleys was constructed.

Even for purposes of a sequel movie, or A5, that derelict could still be there. What was the blast radius? 40 km? I doubt that would reach the derelict either.

The INITIAL blast is 40KM; you're ignoring airshock and the fact the derelict, which is fragile enough to be damaged by earthquakes is literally hanging over a fault line. Also ignoring how nasty shit would be thrown up into the atmosphere, which makes Acheron still uninhabitable 250 years later.

Meathead320

Quote from: Xhan on Jul 22, 2009, 03:15:01 AM

The INITIAL blast is 40KM; you're ignoring airshock and the fact the derelict, which is fragile enough to be damaged by earthquakes is literally hanging over a fault line. Also ignoring how nasty shit would be thrown up into the atmosphere, which makes Acheron still uninhabitable 250 years later.

Those are all good reasons a write could use as to why WY may have either not looked for it, OR was not able to find it.

It may still exist, or is at least something that can be used in terms of a story, even 300 years later. They could say geological activity was thought to have destroyed it, but rather just buried it, and later geologic activity oncovered it again. It may have been damaged, but the egg/cargo area was HUGE, and seemed like it was far underground.

SM

SM

They had the co-ordinates of the Derelict for 200 years post Fiorina - and found nowt.  If there was anything there to find they would've found it, instead of spending vast amounts of time and money cloning Ripley.

Meathead320

Meathead320

They may have just figured it a lost cause, there could be radiation, maybe if it had been buried by geologic activity it was not accessible.

Maybe after the disaster at Fury 161 and Hadley's hope, WY scrapped the whole Alien project, and very possibly a fiscal decision was made to cut their losses.

They may have also checked out LV-426 found that the derelict had been so deeply buried, and was surrounded by so much radiation that this only helped make the decision to cut losses.

I mean if WY wanted the Alien so bad, they could have cloned Ripley right after what happened on Fury 161 then too. If they have inter Galactic space ships, and androids, then I think they could already clone a human. It did not take 200 years of R&D to get it right. I think no one attempted it until far later.

For some reason her blood sat on ice for 200 years, and that may be the same reason no one messed with the derelict, WY cutting their losses.

When the USM took over the records, they decided to investigate all options, and to re-open the Alien file.

They may have set up multiple teams, all working around the clock, not putting all eggs in the same basket. At the same time one is cloning Ripley, another could be back on LV-426, with a massive dig crew, going deep underground to uncover the lost Derelict.

None of these options are going to be "perfect" back stories, but they are far easier on continuity than say AVP and AVPR. It not like there were not other illogical ideas in other Alien films. The point is it could pass for logical enough to use as a source of Aliens in an A5.

Then there is Aliens coming from the Derelict before Hadleys hope was built.

The source of Aliens in an A5 could come from a lost human ship that may have encountered the Derelict in that 57 year gap from A1 to A2.

Say a decent sized human ship gets an alien onboard, which leads to a Queen and a whole hive, not unlike Hadleys hope, and the ship ends up adrift in space, lost for 300 years. Maybe all the Aliens in it have died off, or are just Hibernating, but at least plenty of eggs remain. The ship gets found etc...  

SM

SM

QuoteThey may have just figured it a lost cause, there could be radiation, maybe if it had been buried by geologic activity it was not accessible.

They have androids that pass for human - they could've sent robots to dig for the Derelict without any dramas at all.

QuoteI mean if WY wanted the Alien so bad, they could have cloned Ripley right after what happened on Fury 161 then too.

Maybe they tried and hit the same wall the USM did 200 years later.

QuoteThey may have set up multiple teams, all working around the clock, not putting all eggs in the same basket. At the same time one is cloning Ripley, another could be back on LV-426, with a massive dig crew, going deep underground to uncover the lost Derelict.

They may have dug, but Resurrection tells us they never found anything.

Meathead320

Fair enough, but as I said before, there have been bigger plot holes in these films than "wouldn't they have already looked there".

Anyhow, what of the Aliens having come from the Derelict on another vistitng ship between A1 and A2?

This I think would be far more plausable.

SHips finds Alien, takes off.

Alien kills ship members, makes eggs, or a Queen whatever, there are now eggs on board.

Ship floats around in space for a few hundred year.

Humans recover ship, and get Aliens, and get killed.

SM

SM

QuoteFair enough, but as I said before, there have been bigger plot holes in these films than "wouldn't they have already looked there".

As I said earlier, if they wanted to revisit the Derelict in a future film they will.  Doesn't stop it creating continuity errors however.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Miker25 on Jul 12, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
Id like to see a Hadleys Hope prequel I think it would be interesting to see happened between the discovery of the Derelict to the Arrival of the Sulaco

Ermmm.... dunno about you but we already did.  Its called Aliens Special Edition DUHHHHHH!!!  Jeez ..can someone close this thread please....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed