Three Cotinuities?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 09, 2009, 10:33:58 PM

Author
Three Cotinuities? (Read 8,680 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote"Maybe people will forget all the bad sequels and only think this one and the original exist," he laughed.

He has said that, right here in the MTV Blog Interview, while it's not necessarily in the video, it is in the written portion of the interview: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/30/robert-rodriguez-wants-arnold-schwarzenegger-in-his-new-predators/

He's being very subtle about it, but never the less it's right there. He's doing what Bryan Singer did for the Superman films but for Predator by ignoring/retconning Predator 2 and he's even outright said that his film was a direct sequel to the original, thereby ignoring P2 and retconning it. Rodriguez is very smart, and I have to give him credit for playing it smart, but we're not stupid either... No sir. Definately not stupid.

He's trying to say that his film is a sequel to the original, and for those who aren't familiar with the cotinuity or franchise, will mistake this film as being Predator 3. And thats what Rodriguez and Twentieth Century Fox WANTS. However, there are NUMEROUS contradictions in Rodriguez's concepts which conflicts with Predator 2 and he's subtley said he's wanting to retcon it in favor for his film.

I hope others than myself see this. Otherwise, wake up from this dream and undo the veil which Rodriguez has put over your eyes.

-Rakai'Thwei

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

As much as P2 may have suffered in its execution, most of the concepts it introduced, I rather liked.

Therefore I am not in favor of this decision. My vote is cast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed