Something I noticed in Alien

Started by The Demon, Jun 28, 2009, 04:24:17 PM

Author
Something I noticed in Alien (Read 4,516 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteSomebody had to have seen the Jockey in the events leading up to Aliens as people from the colony went out to search for the eggs. Someone else saw it after Dallas, Kane and Lambert

Whose to say someone else saw it after Dallas, Kane and Lambert? if someone else saw it then why send a colony there in the first place?  Plus Burke sent the Colonists to 'Look' for the Derelict because he didn't know where it was.  The only people who could of seenthe Space Jockey after Alien would be the Colonists.

QuoteI also wonder if that nuclear explosion actually reached all the way to the derelict as the distance from the colony to it isn't really known

Distance isn't known, not to me anyways, but i doubt they'd set the colony to close to the Derelicts location.  Otherwise it wouldn't be looking for it for a week or so... "Last week you sent some wildcutters past the illium range..."

EEV2650

EEV2650

Dont chestbursters burst in less than 24 hours. If the derelict was a week away from the colony then it would have chestbursted in the rover long before the jordan family got back

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: EEV2650 on Jul 03, 2009, 04:04:43 PM
Dont chestbursters burst in less than 24 hours. If the derelict was a week away from the colony then it would have chestbursted in the rover long before the jordan family got back

Looking for it for a week or so...not it took a week  ;)

But yes your quite correct it does normaly take aorund 24 hours.  But again you wouldnt want to coloney TO close to its location, and as i said Burke didnt know its exact location either.  And it if it was to close then they would of discovers it earlier During the 30 years the colonists were there.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

It was the Queen. She takes a lot longer to gestate.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 08, 2009, 04:23:29 PM

That would be too big a coincidence, that the first egg Russ Jorden came across had a Queen in it.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteIt was the Queen. She takes a lot longer to gestate.

True, it does take a Queen embryo longer to gestate. But as Vulhalla said:

QuoteThat would be too big a coincidence, that the first egg Russ Jorden came across had a Queen in it.

If you go off the Newts Tale graphic novel the Chestburster looks like a regular burster.  Its all alittle screwd up when it comes to the Derelict, its location and how far/long it was away from the coloney. You can only go off the Deleted Scene with Al and Lydecker, and that still raises questions.  Again if the Derelict was very close thye would of found or come accross it much sooner during the 30 years of being there so the Events of Aliens would take place while Ripley was still drifting in space in cryo.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Here is what I think. The pilots had the egg containing the Queen set aside from the others, which would explain why it was the first to be approached. Keep in mind we never did see all of the inside of the ship.
I also doubt that after what happened to Russ, people would go back to the Derelict.
This would prevent further infection, unless the Queen was the first arrival.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 08, 2009, 04:54:58 PM
Here is what I think. The pilots had the egg containing the Queen set aside from the others, which would explain why it was the first to be approached. Keep in mind we never did see all of the inside of the ship.

Maybe, but then why didn't Kane approach it first? All the eggs were in the chamber as we saw. Unless when they entered the ship, they went different routes.

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 08, 2009, 04:54:58 PM
I also doubt that after what happened to Russ, people would go back to the Derelict.

Also, there was a scene in the first treatment script in which they did exactly that mate.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteI also doubt that after what happened to Russ, people would go back to the Derelict

They didn't, it was after they returned with Russ that they sent out teams to investigate.  They also returned with people who were victims to facehuggers.  It was some of these victims they used to study the facehugger, killing one of them taking it off.  Bishop reads one of the medical reports in Aliens.  The Queen could of been anyone of those victims that was brought back from the investigative team, if they didn't venture out after what happend the first time.

QuoteMaybe, but then why didn't Kane approach it first? All the eggs were in the chamber as we saw. Unless when they entered the ship, they went different routes.

They enterd in the Derelict through a crack on the side, this 'could' of lead straight to the Egg chamber, but im not sure.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 08, 2009, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 08, 2009, 04:23:29 PM

That would be too big a coincidence, that the first egg Russ Jorden came across had a Queen in it.

Isn't it a big coincidence that Ripley got a Queen in her?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteIsn't it a big coincidence that Ripley got a Queen in her?

Which was originally by a Super Facehugger.

walterf

walterf

I've actually noticed that before. I always thought that gun-cockpit thing the jockey is in looks alot like the original Pred plasmacaster. Obviously, it's pure coincidence, but being as how the franchises got tied together it's an interesting coincidence.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: The Demon on Jul 08, 2009, 08:33:20 PM
Isn't it a big coincidence that Ripley got a Queen in her?

One of the biggest in the series. But the main theory doing the rounds is that the Queen from Aliens planted it on the Sulaco shortly before the power loader fight.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 03, 2009, 04:09:36 PM
Looking for it for a week or so...not it took a week  ;)

and as i said Burke didnt know its exact location either.  And it if it was to close then they would of discovers it earlier During the 30 years the colonists were there.

This was one of the changes Cameron made. Originally is was a planetoid. To quote Kane "Its tiny" and Ash who said the rotation of it was 2 hours. They would have discovered it earlier if they'd kept with the original size as stated in "Alien". Creative license on Cameron's part I guess ;)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 09, 2009, 03:08:21 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 03, 2009, 04:09:36 PM
Looking for it for a week or so...not it took a week  ;)

and as i said Burke didnt know its exact location either.  And it if it was to close then they would of discovers it earlier During the 30 years the colonists were there.

This was one of the changes Cameron made. Originally is was a planetoid. To quote Kane "Its tiny" and Ash who said the rotation of it was 2 hours. They would have discovered it earlier if they'd kept with the original size as stated in "Alien". Creative license on Cameron's part I guess ;)

Some folks think the Ringed planet seen in Alien 'is' LV4-26 but we know it isn't, Besides what Darwinsgirl nicely pointed out was quoted in the Film, in an Article by James Cameron called 'Answers About Aliens' he answers this very question.  You can read this article on the user jamescamerononline's web site.  Although there are one or two answers he gives in that article i don't agree with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed