Has to be Jockey or Beacon?

Started by Highland, Jun 28, 2009, 10:26:45 AM

Author
Has to be Jockey or Beacon? (Read 7,384 times)

Highland

Highland

I was doing a brain storm today whilst bored and I've come to a few conclusions about this Prequel. First off I was thinking about the name, and what makes it a prequel, and it was the why? and how? that got the brain going.

First off, how do we as the viewer know it's a prequel? (apart from the potential title), and I'm not talking just us -fans, i mean everyone. Characters? Ripley's out, Settings - not repetitive/no continuation, Story line - Finished, little details of technological advances will be unknown to the general public and because of the length in gaps "real time" between the movies - not obvious. The creature itself can be changed but that still does not make it a prequel?

So my only conclusion is this HAS to be about the Jockey or Beacon, it's not a maybe. If it's to be recognised as a prequel it has to have a link, other wise why not just make an alternate tale in a different time? and we can obviously forget about alternate realities (please).

I can already see the ending - a Deep space mine crew (unaware) are sent on a mission to find the alien with a younger looking Ripley, kane etc etc.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, what do you guys think ?

Master

Master

I think that it should be about beacon. It could have been left there by crew that encountered Derlict before Ripley and co. (though i don't like this idea because signal in Alien clearly sound like alien origine). If that is the case than we alreday know the ending with last crew member activating beacon and than is killed by alien.                        Also whole project can be about what happened with jockey-Alien but then it would feel more like godzilla spin-off than alien.

Highland

Highland

The only other thing i could come up with was that ,all of us are trying to squeeze this movie between sometime in the 20th century and the events in Alien, but what if the studio/scott mean prequel as in thousands of years? not hundreds. 

When it's not actually the story/characters or plots that make up the script, but the point where the alien was either found or built.

Master

Master

You sugest whole film about space jockeys? Nice but it won't work cause average joe is too stupid to understand it or like it. That mean no money and Fox won't risk loosing money on the project.

Mother_

Mother_

Quote from: highlandpred on Jun 28, 2009, 10:26:45 AM

More likely to be the demise of Hadleys Hope, or an entirely different setting altogether with the Aliens being encountered on a different colony at a different time. We don't know enough about the Space Jockey race, and there HAS to be humans inj the movie or it will dive at the box office.

Private Hudson

Quote from: Mother_ on Jun 28, 2009, 06:06:06 PM

More likely to be the demise of Hadleys Hope, or an entirely different setting altogether with the Aliens being encountered on a different colony at a different time. We don't know enough about the Space Jockey race, and there HAS to be humans inj the movie or it will dive at the box office.

This is a prequel, Hadleys Hope wouldn't even be established on LV 426.

The PredBen

The PredBen

New Idea! One in which it wouldn't be a prequel but close! It opens with Riply after A:R , she is looking over files and discovers a USSM file bought from Weyland - Yutani titled: The Origins , she reads it and a line she says is " The species was discovered after contact with the now dead race .... " and we cut to before Riply is alive and its humanities first contact with E.T.'s , this is done in secret. The Aliens turn out to be Space Jockey's! It focuses on them warning humans of a plague race called " the Yu'tahs " or the endless aliens. ( Name is original ) the order of the movie is following the jockeys to help them fight the aliens , but a greedy human interferes ....

What do you guys think?

Mother_

Mother_

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 28, 2009, 06:08:46 PM

This is a prequel, Hadleys Hope wouldn't even be established on LV 426.
Oh right, excuse my stupidity (hangover induced, I assure you). I guess that would be a prequel to AlienS.......

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Mother_ on Jun 28, 2009, 06:06:06 PM

That still doesn't explain the need for a prequel, you could still make the demise of another colony at any point in time or after the events of A3. Like I say there has to be a link, there HAS to be something in the movie that establishes to Joe blogs movie goer that this is not just another Alien flick.

Humans have to be in it, but thats not to say the need to be humans from Earth. although again that's getting out there.

maybe the question of what the ship was doing and where was it going? might come in.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

I think an interesting spin for a sequel would be to to re-use some elements of the original Alien script. Have the pyramid set up from that version of the script, have a crew discover it, explore it, etc... Have the giant skull and the eggs in the alter room.

Basically, just make it a good film that stays true to the spirit of the series. Then, at the end, they can destroy the pyramid and, while the survivors are leaving, if there are any, you can pan around the mountain range and show the Derelict just over the ridge or something like that  ;D

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jul 02, 2009, 03:38:20 PM
I think an interesting spin for a sequel would be to to re-use some elements of the original Alien script. Have the pyramid set up from that version of the script, have a crew discover it, explore it, etc... Have the giant skull and the eggs in the alter room.

Basically, just make it a good film that stays true to the spirit of the series. Then, at the end, they can destroy the pyramid and, while the survivors are leaving, if there are any, you can pan around the mountain range and show the Derelict just over the ridge or something like that  ;D

;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

^^^ Was already laughing a the post, and then I see the picard face-palm, love it.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 03, 2009, 10:14:16 PM
^^^ Was already laughing a the post, and then I see the picard face-palm, love it.

Reading it agains making me laugh..

HybridNewborn  i hope your not offended matey...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I also don't mean to offend at all.

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jul 02, 2009, 03:38:20 PM

weird but i like it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed