User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

AvPGalaxy News

Statistics

1,908,873 Posts in 28,571 Topics
by 18,248 Members
Latest Member: hi

Author Topic: Alien, Lambert's death.  (Read 22082 times)

TheMonolith

• Colonial Marine
  • It's time for us to live.
    • Facebook
Re: Alien, Lambert's death.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »
I have a theory.
Drones are sterile so sexual pleasure would not be achieved through the act.
Keep in mind the previous three victims, Kane, Brett and Dallas were male.
Xenomorphs seem to sense primarily by pheromone detection.
Due to the differences between male and female hormones, Lambert, being the first female the alien encountered, would have seemed unusual.
The alien, IMO, was using its tail to try and find the source of the pheromones Lambert was giving off. Poor Lambert would have interpreted this differently.
Oh well. At least the damn birds didn't get her.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009, 06:41:51 PM by nostalgiaaddict88 »

Simbobs12345

• Facehugger
  • "Alright, we waste him, no offense" Corporal Hicks
« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2009, 12:16:25 AM »
I have a theory.
Due to the differences between male and female hormones, Lambert, being the first female the alien encountered, would have seemed unusual.
The alien, IMO, was using its tail to try and find the source of the pheromones Lambert was giving off. Poor Lambert would have interpreted this differently.

:D :D

xeno_alpha_07

• Alien
    • Weyland-Yutani Archives.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2009, 12:42:26 AM »
I have a theory.

Griker? that you?

:D :D :D

SiL

• Dallas
  • Earth is Doom
« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »
The original idea of that scene was that Lambert got raped by the alien. The Alien then infested her with it's semen which would cause more aliens to come.
I'm not sure if you're being serious, but;

Well, not really. I remember someone saying that Ridley mentioned it in the commentary - I listened to both, and he never really said that at all. It was always meant to be completely ambiguous.

Not to mention the tail going between the legs was shot for Brett's death, not Lambert's.

From script to screen, it was always meant to be a mystery.

JamesCameronOnline

• Space Trucker
    • James Cameron Online
« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
btw, its a leg hanging, not hand.

when the shot goes up you see both legs naked hanging there in a way pointing that lambert was lying face down. And SiL is right. Scott never said what happened to Lambert. Both he and Cartwright said something along the lines of "and the alien did who knows what to her"

« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2009, 12:59:17 AM by JamesCameronOnline »

Kevin164

• Alien Egg
  • Rinky Dink Artist.
    • Jeddins Field
« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »
I always thought that the dangling foot was one of Parker's legs that had been torn off. I was looking at the pic and it appears that pretty much to his thigh had been ripped off.

Johnny Handsome

• Dog Alien
  • Nothing like it has ever been on Earth before...
« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »
The original idea of that scene was that Lambert got raped by the alien. The Alien then infested her with it's semen which would cause more aliens to come.
I'm not sure if you're being serious, but;

Well, not really. I remember someone saying that Ridley mentioned it in the commentary - I listened to both, and he never really said that at all. It was always meant to be completely ambiguous.

Not to mention the tail going between the legs was shot for Brett's death, not Lambert's.

From script to screen, it was always meant to be a mystery.
I heard it from the commentary too, i have to listen to it again but I'm pretty sure he (Ridley) said that, i never read that before in any forum, what i wrote was solely from memory.

Kevin164

• Alien Egg
  • Rinky Dink Artist.
    • Jeddins Field
« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2009, 05:06:24 PM »
If you listen to the actors commentary the Actress who plays Lambert was pretty pissed off. She was to film having a heart attack while crawling into a locker. She confirms that what you're seeing is Brett's death with the Alien using its tail to push Brett closer so it could crush his head ( That footage is also included in the Quadrilogy specials.). Lambert throughout the movie has cowboy boots on.
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2009, 05:08:58 PM by Kevin164 »

Johnny Handsome

• Dog Alien
  • Nothing like it has ever been on Earth before...
« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »
If you listen to the actors commentary the Actress who plays Lambert was pretty pissed off. She was to film having a heart attack while crawling into a locker. She confirms that what you're seeing is Brett's death with the Alien using its tail to push Brett closer so it could crush his head ( That footage is also included in the Quadrilogy specials.). Lambert throughout the movie has cowboy boots on.
In know that they were Brett's legs in the scene and that the scene was later cut to Lambert's death.

But there is a reason why he cut it and put it in the Lambert scene.

JamesCameronOnline

• Space Trucker
    • James Cameron Online
« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »
I always thought that the dangling foot was one of Parker's legs that had been torn off. I was looking at the pic and it appears that pretty much to his thigh had been ripped off.

nah, when the camera goes up you see parker lying on the floor in the background and the second leg of lambert sticking out. Both her legs are faced down, so shes lying on her belly, or whatever's left of it

Maxyboy

• Facehugger
  • It's not a lie, i've tasted it.
« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2009, 07:20:47 PM »

Ripley knew that soon the whole ship would be invested with the Alien and therefore caused the self destruct of the Nostromo.
i assume that was Gigers idea, that sick, demented, creative, awesome bastard.

TJ Doc

• Dog Alien
  • Step into my orifice.
« Reply #26 on: Jun 19, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
What happens in the coolant storage room, stays in the coolant storage room.

Maxyboy

• Facehugger
  • It's not a lie, i've tasted it.
« Reply #27 on: Jun 19, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »
I can just see what Lamberts and The Alien's bastard child looks like. An Alien. That screams. A lot.

Darwinsgirl

• Warrior Alien
« Reply #28 on: Jun 20, 2009, 08:29:30 AM »
I always thought that the dangling foot was one of Parker's legs that had been torn off.

I had thought this myself. But it looked too odd seeing a leg dangling & the slumped form of Parker in the back ground. Tonight..(while waiting for the water to recede) I watched the extra features of Alien from the Legacy box set. In the Art & Photo section. Under the Alien heading there is a pic of Lambert's dangling nude legs up to the "thigh" with blood running down them. Parker is in the back ground slumped over. So yes it looks like her death was more horrific then I had assumed.

Veronica Cartwright did an article for Starlog magazine years ago titled "I was raped by an Alien". I read this a few months back. She was pretty vague in her statements about what actually happened to Lambert. (if memory serves me ;)) In fact it made me think the title was chosen for its shock/buy n see appeal.

The Legacy box set  "Alien" extra features has so many pics & extras on it that I'd never seen. If I watched them when I first bought it...I'd forgotten them. Thanks again Sil for pointing the way to this! :)

SiL

• Dallas
  • Earth is Doom
« Reply #29 on: Jun 20, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
No worries! Did you watch the extended crab crawl bit as well?

Site Info

AvPGalaxy is a fan site dedicated to the Alien, Predator, Aliens vs Predator and Prometheus franchises. We currently report news on the upcoming game Alien Isolation, Ridley Scott's Prometheus 2 and Shane Black's Predator 4 / Predator reboot movie.

Contact

General: webmaster
News: news
Podcast: corporalhicks