Problem with Carl Erik Rinsch

Started by Ja, Jun 09, 2009, 02:00:52 PM

Author
Problem with Carl Erik Rinsch (Read 17,698 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Latest rumor is this is just another way for Fox to establish dominance over the project.  Supposedly Scott family and Rinsch are tight for obvious reasons, and by booting him, it infuriates the scotts and forces them off the project.

They know by the new media response and the fan response that the audience will be there.  Thus they are free to bring in their own people to do a series of film their own way.  I dont trust Fox decision making at all, and I doubt they have positive intentions.

See Alien 3.

SiL

SiL

Except they said they won't do the movie without Ridley directing. Forcing him off the project would mean the project wouldn't be done.

locusta

locusta

Well, what shall I say. If Fox just skips this project, at least we don´t have to fear and suffer another lousy installment of our beloved franchise...

TITANOSAUR

to tell the truth. I'm actualy relieved. and not because I just used the bathroom a second ago.

Fox is realizing its errors in having these newbie directors make these films. and are now gonna get Ridley to direct. I trust him then Carl Erick Rinsch anytime. and Ridley to my knoledge seems to respect the series and will give us fans somethin we can actualy for once, like to come out for this franchise.

I'm all for Ridley to direct this film. if he does it, I'll sleep a little easier.

Übermensch

Like Kimarhi said, this is just about Fox trying to establish dominance.  I doubt Ridley is going to do it, he's next project is Forever War and a bunch of other movies.  Who would you rather choosing a director - Ridley or Fox? 

SM

SM

If Fox choose Riddles, then I'd rather Fox.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jun 10, 2009, 01:50:55 AM
Like Kimarhi said, this is just about Fox trying to establish dominance.  I doubt Ridley is going to do it, he's next project is Forever War and a bunch of other movies.  Who would you rather choosing a director - Ridley or Fox? 

Oh my God. He's producing a lot of movies, but he's only directing a couple.

And who would I rather have choose to direct? I'd rather choose the company that wants Ridley Scott to do the prequel, rather than the guy giving his son-in-law a chance to make it big.

Übermensch

It all depends on whether or not Ridley wants to do it. 

Pvt. Hicks

Ohhhhhh-k that's fine, but just calm down. Phh...Fox trying to establish dominance... :D

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 10, 2009, 02:13:44 AM
Phh...Fox trying to establish dominance... :D
Exec 1: "Ridley did some fine choices with the director don't you think?"
Exec 2: "Yeah, you're right, everything looks great so far."
Exec 1: "But... but, what have we done so far? We didn't do anything by now! It will make the studio look weak!"
Exec 2: "Shit man, you're right... Cancel the director!!"

Spaghetti

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 09, 2009, 04:38:25 PM
Not only does it sound like Fox have taken their heads out of their asses, but it also maybe means Ridley just saw his dying franchise as an easy way to give the guy shafting his daughter a chance at making it big. :-\

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 10, 2009, 01:59:19 AM

And who would I rather have choose to direct? I'd rather choose the company that wants Ridley Scott to do the prequel, rather than the guy giving his son-in-law a chance to make it big.

Dammit. Now I'll never get this viewpoint out of my head. And it only makes me mad.

Übermensch

The prequel could've been a done deal - Rinsch directing and Scott producing.  That's the best scenario we could hope for.  So what if the guy is banging his daughter?  It's not like "Oh hey, you're doing my daughter, I'd like you to do a sequel to my classic movie."

Now I don't think it will happen, or Fox will instead try and do a quick cash-in like they did with AVPR, and choose an ultra shitty director.  Maybe they'll get the Strause Bros back.  :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Jun 09, 2009, 10:02:46 PM
Except they said they won't do the movie without Ridley directing. Forcing him off the project would mean the project wouldn't be done.

Your going to believe the studio that tells your there is no Alien 3 workprint in the manual that comes with the quad?  After people have commentated on its existance for years?

It could be a bullshit rumor.

Or it could be social posturing by Fox to make themselves look innocent when Scott leaves.  What they said and what they do isn't always the same thing.

Pvt. Hicks

Ridley ain't leaving.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Hopefully.  Personally I'm fine with either Rinsch (he has Ridley's blessing) or Scott. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed