WAIT - Doesn't Sigourney want back in?

Started by Pvt. Hicks, May 30, 2009, 07:12:51 PM

Author
WAIT - Doesn't Sigourney want back in? (Read 12,786 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Where is she going to be in all this? Doesn't she want back in? Why can't they do something after Alien: Resurrection? Weaver wanted to re-team with Scott, but he's involved and she's not, that's not fair.

Karl

I'll say it now - if there's no Sigourney then it's not Alien. That's how I see it anyway.

TJ Doc

If she is involved... then maybe they'll apply that CG effect that makes you look realistically younger. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen got the treatment at the beginning of X-men 3.

Karl

Quote from: TJ Doc on May 30, 2009, 07:22:42 PM
If she is involved... then maybe they'll apply that CG effect that makes you look realistically younger. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen got the treatment at the beginning of X-men 3.

Forget X3, look what they did with Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button. Anyway, this is a prequel and there's no way Ripley could be in this.
My god, why a f**king prequel? Couldn't they get Ridley to direct Alien 5 and have Sigourney return as Ripley 8, shit, throw Winona Ryder in as well.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 30, 2009, 07:12:51 PM
Where is she going to be in all this? Doesn't she want back in? Why can't they do something after Alien: Resurrection? Weaver wanted to re-team with Scott, but he's involved and she's not, that's not fair.

We have no idea whether or not she'll be involved behind the scenes.

Quote from: Karl on May 30, 2009, 07:15:24 PM
I'll say it now - if there's no Sigourney then it's not Alien. That's how I see it anyway.

It doesn't need her and Ripley's story has been concluded. I'm one of those who wouldn't mind 'Alien 3' being turned into a dream, but you'll find the fandom mostly split on that.

Karl

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 30, 2009, 08:09:53 PM

We have no idea whether or not she'll be involved behind the scenes.

Quote from: Karl on May 30, 2009, 07:15:24 PM

It doesn't need her and Ripley's story has been concluded. I'm one of those who wouldn't mind 'Alien 3' being turned into a dream, but you'll find the fandom mostly split on that.

Oh, I know. I'm one of those weirdos who likes A:R and also loved the ending to that film. If it was up to me I'd leave Alien alone altogether BUT if they're gonna make a 5th AND they have Ridley producing then they might as well make a good Alien movie that continues on from Resurrection.

Master

I think she had enough Alien experience. Besides she is too old.

TJ Doc

It seems as though they are now looking for a "new Ripley".

............... in a prequel? Involving aliens that she hasn't even heard of yet?

Oh crap.  http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10689

ShadowPred

By new Ripley, I assume they mean "badass woman alien ass kicker." I see no reason for the "oh crap."

shakermakerman

Ripley is dead.

Spidey3121

They can't have a new Ripley in a Prequel b/c then she will already know about the Aliens in the original Alien and it wouldn't make sense. Unless Fox feels like going back and editing in a scene where she talks about facing a creature like it before hand... like all the other Alien films. No - you can't have Ripley in a prequel.

Neon_Knight

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 31, 2009, 06:58:18 PM
By new Ripley, I assume they mean "badass woman alien ass kicker." I see no reason for the "oh crap."

I don't know about you, but I am absolutely sick of Ripley rip-offs in EVERY FILM that involves the Alien.  AvP? Had that stupid woman.  AvP-R? Had that stupid stupid "mother daughter" Ripley/Newt ripoff thing going on there.  ALL of the alien films have Ripley as the main protagonist.

I for one, would like something different for a change.   Enough with Ripley, can't we have a male protagonist, for once, just for once?  Stop basing characters on her, because we've already seen Ripley, give us something new for Goodness' sake.

TJ Doc

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 31, 2009, 06:58:18 PM

Like Spidey3121 said.

Master

Yep, signed. We don't want Ripleyesque character in new Alien.

SM

SM

QuoteEnough with Ripley, can't we have a male protagonist, for once, just for once?

The irony!!!  It burns!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed