Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 27,599 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on May 30, 2009, 10:17:16 PM
QuoteThe 'Star Wars' franchise was fairly screwed around with in the recent prequels, though.

How?

A lot of Star Wars fans hate them, and you know that.

SM

SM

That wasn't the point.  How were the franchise screwed around with when the guy who invented was doing exactly what he wanted?

And with the massive box office, generally positive reviews from critics (all over 60% at Rotten Tomatoes) and fans (lowest is 6.4 on IMDB for Phantom Menace) - a LOT fans liked the prequels as well.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Wow , first Predators reboot and now Aliens remake / prequel. Great news ... in my opinion neither will empress us , I think most people loved the classic series we've craved for a new film for so long. These two films will crush both series and end them there. Why? Other then the films likely being poorly done , Alien has no were to go. It started and went into the future ... no sequels , to good for a remake and fans will hate a reboot ... only one place left ... prequel. Once this is done no more alien movies ever ... perhaps a beloved and mainly hated AVP3 film. As for Predators ... the 1st movie is a famous , well made , heroic , classic like film. The series however ... is not. Aliens was great and had four movies ... Predator had two and neither is as well know  to a degree that alien is , although Predator is fairly well known. So with the shifty story lines not fit for a sequel  and to good for a remake ... and to costly for a prequel ... all that's left is a reboot of one or two films. I have faith this will be good and have some alien or space jockey origins ... lets hope though ... though.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on May 30, 2009, 10:17:16 PM
QuoteThe 'Star Wars' franchise was fairly screwed around with in the recent prequels, though.

How?

Turning the Force into 'midichlorians', shoe-horning unnecessary cameos, Darth Vader making C3-PO, Anakin's love's mysterious inability to age, etcetera...

It was all in the realms of possibility, but it was obviously being done for the casual 'that looks cool' factor, rather than a genuine need to tell a compelling story. A lot of the fans felt the source material were being screwed around with, because it was. It doesn't matter who's responsible for doing it.

SM

SM

And yet, given the reception of critics, fans and box office, a majority of fans didn't think it was being screwed around with.  At least not to the extent that a loud and obnoxious minority want us to believe.

Cellien

Cellien

I was a big fan of the originals since the 80s, but I loved the Phantom Menace.  Movie's great.  Memories of childhood movies cloud ones mind, it will.  Much hate I sense...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed