Is there a rank structure for the predators?

Started by predator55, May 26, 2009, 02:36:09 AM

Is there a rank structure for the predator?

Yes
13 (59.1%)
No
4 (18.2%)
Need more evidence
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author
Is there a rank structure for the predators? (Read 1,887 times)

predator55

predator55

Hey dudes, there is a rank structure for the predators!

Wolf Assassin

Crap they took the freaking link off. There was a Yautja Encyclopedia which discussed all this but they took the freaking link out. Basically they took everything out of the movies, comics, and books and basically raveled it all up. It even broke the language down. Pretty darn neat, but it isn't there anymore. Sorry, but to answer your questions, Yes there is a rank structure. Elders being the highest.  Younglings being the lowest. Yautja Fact:Getting their Hair Braided is a long process that takes up to a month and it's a very painful process, if they show any sign of pain they have to get it all redone. It's a passage into becoming a warrior.

SM

From lowest to highest:

Noob
l33t
Predatorian
Grand Poobah

predator55

predator55

Awsome guys!

Purebreedalien

He was joking LOL.

predator55

predator55

Yeh i know hahahahahhaah!

JamesCameronOnline

According to comic books, there was. They were marked with alien blood the same way they did in AVP, different symbol meant different rank. I might be mistaken tho, i havent read Predator comic books in, I dont know, 10 years?

predator55

predator55

Yeh mate that is true! good stuff

Purebreedalien

The Elder is the highest I believe and the Unblooded is the lowest. I'm not sure what's inbetween.

predator55

predator55

Yep that is true..elder being the highest ranked warrior who has proved himself..and unblooded being the lowest who has to prove himself...have a look at this site dude!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehunted/index.php

this will get you up to date! cheers dude for the comment!

Purebreedalien

No problem, and thanks for the link :)

predator55

predator55

Thanks man..no worries  ;D

Wolf26

The ranking from high to low goes as follows:
Arbitrator
Elder Hunter
Warrior Hunter
Blooded Hunter
Young-Blood Hunter and
Unblooded Hunter

Private Hudson

In my opinion their is no true, military style rank. I've always thought of the leader to be who is really the best, not depending on age nor wisdom, just combat skill.

The Necronoir

Any communal species - as opposed to entirely solitary or hive-based ones - will develop a pecking order. We see confirmation of this in AVP when Celtic assumes the alpha role, and in both Predator 2 and AVP when the respective elders issue commands that the other predators carry out.

Whether they have any formalised rank structure is another matter, and I think it unlikely. For a species with such a heavy focus on martial prowess I wouldn't think that anything other than strength and cunning underpins an individual's place in the pecking order. Bouts to settle this probably happen frequently under various sanctioned scenarios.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed