Lightsaber: The only melee weapon useful against the Xenomorph

Started by xenoslayer, May 17, 2009, 04:34:53 AM

Author
Lightsaber: The only melee weapon useful against the Xenomorph (Read 5,097 times)

xenoslayer

Hi there, New here

I think a lightsaber would best against them because the acid blood would no longer be a problem as any wound inflicted by a saber would be instantly sealed.

any questions?

Mr. Stizout

Quote from: xenoslayer on May 17, 2009, 04:34:53 AM
Hi there, New here

I think a lightsaber would best against them because the acid blood would no longer be a problem as any wound inflicted by a saber would be instantly sealed.

any questions?
Makes sense.

Nachtfalke

Quote from: Mr. Stizout on May 17, 2009, 02:26:26 PM
Makes sense.

Yeh, but the saber would 'burn' causing any acid to evaporate into gas, most corrosive acids become very noxious. Don't beleive me, take a frypan, used recently (still HOT), now put dishwashing liquid in it and a dash of water - noxious!!! Pierces the nose and eyes.

Undeadite

But the first shot ever of a lightsaber being used in Episode 4 inside the canteena  shows the bloody stump of a chopped off arm, and some of the games have some splatter effect. A lot of fans adopt the notion that it wont always be cauterized, and the only reason why more blood wasnt shown in the movies was to keep the rating low.

DoomRulz

Quote from: xenoslayer on May 17, 2009, 04:34:53 AM
Hi there, New here

any questions?

And if the acid falls on the handle? You'd be screwed.

SM

Lightsabre wounds aren't instantly cauterised.  Similar to the ep 4 example, when Obi-Wan cuts Darth Maul in half it's accompanied by a fine mist of the blood.

However from the lack of fountaining arterial spray from the wampa, Anakin, or Luke, the wounds are cauterised fairly quickly.

Xenomorphine

It would be no different to what the Predator gun does: That supposedly had the same effect on human bodies, but not instantly so. We know that acid sprayed out after being hit with that.

Carnage95

Just zap the Aliens with force lightning.

Problem solve. ;D

EEV2650

Quote from: Carnage95 on May 18, 2009, 02:17:18 AM
Just zap the Aliens with force lightning.

Problem solve. ;D

You'd have one pissed off alien just like in A:R when Gediman sprays the alien with that chemical stuff.

xenoslayer

xenoslayer

and if the hilt was acid resitant

xenoslayer

i think this calls for a star wars vs aliens movie or AVPVSW

Deadmeat

Quote from: Undeadite on May 17, 2009, 11:31:45 PM
But the first shot ever of a lightsaber being used in Episode 4 inside the canteena  shows the bloody stump of a chopped off arm, and some of the games have some splatter effect. A lot of fans adopt the notion that it wont always be cauterized, and the only reason why more blood wasnt shown in the movies was to keep the rating low.

It was wrong, the concept of a lightsabre sealing the wounds came later.

Awgustas

DoomRulz

Quote from: xenoslayer on May 18, 2009, 03:46:33 PM
or force choke

Aliens don't breathe. Choking them would be futile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed