Why Are Predators Over Glorified in the AVP Franchise??? WTF??!!

Started by Mr. Stizout, May 12, 2009, 12:27:35 PM

Author
Why Are Predators Over Glorified in the AVP Franchise??? WTF??!! (Read 9,133 times)

GrimyGhost

i was a fan of Alien Long before Predator, the thing is i think since the avp movies pred has lost all his horror appel, theres no mystery about him anymore....

Mr. Stizout

Quote from: GrimyGhost on May 15, 2009, 01:58:49 PM
i was a fan of Alien Long before Predator, the thing is i think since the avp movies pred has lost all his horror appel, theres no mystery about him anymore....
AVP did murder the predator franchise.  And also hurt the Aliens one too.  I just think AVP is not meant to be on movie screens but just comics and video games.  Sigh........

GrimyGhost

^QFT^

Its great in games and comics, i think it could have been amazing as a movie if the rite director picked it up, instead of making it action it should have been a horror.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: GrimyGhost on May 15, 2009, 02:35:09 PM
^QFT^

Its great in games and comics, i think it could have been amazing as a movie if the rite director picked it up, instead of making it action it should have been a horror.
AvP as a movie was a no-go from the start.

Why? Because the franchises are just too different, it all starts with the very basic, the setting. Alien fans are used to the space setting and they want it to stay that way, i think Predator movies are earthbound and they should stay that way, that's where the riot starts already.

The movies in the franchises are very different, and as a Predator fan i actually think that's a very good thing, same as Alien fans.

Yes, the creatures themselves are perfect for a showdown, but combine the movies and you have a product, which in the end of the day, pleases neither of the fans.

Its not like Freddy Vs Jason where you have two slasher franchises that you can combine easily by making another slasher flick, you either go for the Predator or the Alien, or(like the AvP movies did) try to combine them, which was a no-go because you simply cant, they are too different.

The PredBen

Aliens are meant to be scary monsters , you never know what they will do next. The Predators simply are humanoid killers , rivaling man in their blood thirsty ways. Both are way to different , they are perfect to face off  , but in a short fight , i.e. a spike TV show makes them face off in a 5 minute fight under stipulations ... get it?

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAliens are meant to be scary monsters
Just like the Predator in the first movie. In Predator 2, not so much, but was still effective in being mysterious.

In AvP they were just meant for showing their cool new, shiny armour and "bigga and bedda" guns.

"Anderson you slimy f**king walrus-looking piece of shit, I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk!!"

The PredBen

True... but aren't you forgetting my idea ... I can see it now.... alien.... Predator... who is DEADLIEST. This week on DEADLIEST ALIENS , The insane monsters of space - the aliens vs. The ultimate alien hunter - The Predators..... its a 1 on 2 fight ... to see who is deadliest.....

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Private Hudson on May 15, 2009, 03:58:59 AM
In AVP 1 I think the Aliens (Although badly designed) were pretty good fighters, I mean one alien taking down two predators single handed is pretty damned good. AVPR on the otherhand is just shit and IN MY OPINION shouldn't even be considered canon for all the bad ideas, characters, story, and the fact that the BS turned the aliens into suits of shit which couldn't handle one predator.

Finally: Aliens rule.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, while none of AVPs is even remotedly close to the word 'good', AVP had a nice balance and some fight. It presented aliens the way they always were - dangerous species that dominates over civilization and technology. AVPR is just a video game with one predator squashing aliens like harmless flies

magical_boy

though there's a lot of room for error, an avp film can be done well with a skilled writer and director who understand all three franchises

Cetanu

Well it's simply because the Predators are cooler. However, in AvP3 I'd like to see some more Aliens stuff. ;)

The PredBen

always loved the Predators , but I think now I am dead even on who's the greatest alien species. They are both really cool. I mean I do not like it when people just state " Aliens are cooler... they are unique " or "Predators are the best they have technology". To be honest , in a fight , a Predator would win , but if you ask who's coolest , then its really hard. One is an alien with high technology who happens to be physically large also. The other is a mutant monster that is the scariest sci fi monster ever. both serve their purposes , to entertain us. So neither is over glorified. In AVP, The Predator franchise got murdered badly. The Alien one was damage but reparable. ( I think A:R did worse for the Alien franchise because it prevented a sequel , even though a prequel is better , Ms.Weaver isn't in a prequel is she? So The Predators aren't over glorified its a matter of your preference.

The PredBen

I am just finishing the post here.)

ShadowPred

Quote from: Mr. Stizout on May 15, 2009, 01:45:31 PM
I'm more of a fan of blondes like my wife.

Discrimination! lol.

Friendly Wise

Quote from: Mr. Stizout on May 12, 2009, 12:27:35 PM
I know this might be a flamer thread and a nasty can of worms but as the AVP community I think we need to talk about this issue for myself and other hardcore Alien fans.

Seriously, why are Predators over glorified in the Aliens versus Predator Franchise?  Both AVP and AVP-R sucked because of the over predator glorification with the stupid story line that predators created the pyramids to hunt down aliens.  Or how about the scene of Celtic man-handling/throwing  the grid alien around yet, an Alien in alien Resurrection was able to bust down a bulkhead in Ripley's cell.  Or how about the alien was strong enough to withstand 80 tons of hot lead and jump out of it a little pissed off (no metal can withstand that temperature and weight).  Also why was the movie in the predator universe (modern Earth) instead of the Aliens one (in space and in the future)?   I just feel like predator over glorification have ruined the AVP franchise with they are the heroes for example, Scar Predator having a boner for some ugly chick named Lex. 

Please note these are serious questions.

Though I agree with the general idea in what you are trying to state, but I don't agree in the manner in which your trying to say it. Besides that he does have a point, the Pred's are a little over glorified in the AvP films.

Mr. Stizout

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 16, 2009, 01:34:49 PM
Discrimination! lol.
I am discrimatory?  Considering I have that like 15 blonds and f**ked 9 of them and only f**ked 1 one chick with brown hair.  Am I?  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed