The Deadpool Chimichanga-Thread

Started by Purebreedalien, May 06, 2009, 06:54:24 PM

Author
The Deadpool Chimichanga-Thread (Read 163,902 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Deadpool movie confirmed by FOX
I have waited for this  ;D Deadpool for the win! :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Marvel Studios is producing, the same guys who brought us Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. This might be good.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Yep. I love Deadpool so I hope this goes well.

Ryu Hayabusa

Ryu Hayabusa

This.... Will.... Be.... Awesome

I hope they aren't too scared of breaking the fourth wall in an attempt to not alienate viewers.

Cellien

Cellien

When I read about this the other day, I got goosebumps!  :) 

Aeus

Aeus

As I said in the Wolverine thread, I have zero faith in Fox. While I'm glad DP's getting his own film, I'm expecting Fox to serve up another steaming pile of shit that bears no resemblance to anything related to Deadpool. Other than his name.

If I hear that Blind Al is in, then maybe my hopes will rise from the bottom of the abyss they are currently residing in.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

All I care about is that they get a good writer. Gavin Hood can direct, fine. Get a good writer and Reynolds.

Aeus

Aeus

Joe Kelly would be my pick for the writer. His Deadpool dialogue seems the least forced.

I doubt we'll see anything close to Deadpool's comic costume. We'll get some pleather rubbish thats only similarity is the color. I mean just watch the extras on the Daredevil DVD and you'll see all the bull his costume endured before they reached that final result. And his costume is simple.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Marvel Studios is producing the movie, I doubt we would have to worry about it. I hope they will begin filming soon since I don't want to wait another two or three years to see this movie.

XenoVC

XenoVC

As long as it isn't X-Men Origins:The Pool

wot

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Aeus on May 06, 2009, 10:31:03 PM
As I said in the Wolverine thread, I have zero faith in Fox. While I'm glad DP's getting his own film, I'm expecting Fox to serve up another steaming pile of shit that bears no resemblance to anything related to Deadpool. Other than his name.

If I hear that Blind Al is in, then maybe my hopes will rise from the bottom of the abyss they are currently residing in.

Why would that make any difference? The character may not match at all anyway except in name.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Xhan on May 06, 2009, 11:18:37 PM
Why would that make any difference? The character may not match at all anyway except in name.

You mean having Blind Al in? Yeah sure they could mess her up, but it'd give me some hope that they are paying attention to the dynamics that made Deadpool good in the first place. The guys slightly more than just a wise cracking mercenary loony, and Blind Al brings this to the forefront more than other characters he's been used with.

Xhan

Xhan

I seriously doubt they're going to spend any exorbitant amount of time on the fact that Wade is the world's most inordinate f**k up and has had multiple bodies/personas and time traveled and all the other baggage, and the only thing he's really good at is killing people, often not the ones he was supposed to.

If she's in, she'll have a different backstory virtually guaranteed.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Xhan on May 06, 2009, 11:31:26 PM
I seriously doubt they're going to spend any exorbitant amount of time on the fact that Wade is the world's most inordinate f**k up and has had multiple bodies/personas and time traveled and all the other baggage, and the only thing he's really good at is killing people, often not the ones he was supposed to.

If she's in, she'll have a different backstory virtually guaranteed.

Then, in my opinion they might as well not bother. It'll just be Deadpool on a superficial level.

Xhan

Xhan

That's not any different than other of other Marvel movie offerings. All of them have gone back to the most popular/populist beginning, all of them have vastly simplified and de-comic-ized the panoply, keeping only the basic element and roots of the characters. That also happens to be why they're successful. The minute you start fetishizing everything, you end up with stuff like UltraViolet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed