Predators honor system... changed. they became good guys!

Started by The PredBen, Apr 30, 2009, 10:15:23 PM

Author
Predators honor system... changed. they became good guys! (Read 8,459 times)

The PredBen

That is 100% accurate , he killed Poncho to help increase the power Dutch can have to fight him ... thanks  :)

magical_boy

ya, really no point in hunting Dutch if he's luggin poncho around

The PredBen

That's true :) also I have never read a Steve Perry book on Predators except for Turnabout so where can I get them? My local comic store doesn't have it left although it had similar works in an Omnibus or something.

PS. My biggest point is I HATE how Perry turned them into Samuri because he did a poor job. Samuri DID NOT EVER ALLOW OUTSIDERS INTO THEIR CLAN!!! So his whole Japanese culture... which Predators wouldn't have since they aren't Asian they are aliens.Also I know with that last word I sound like John Shirley but I do NOT agree with him either as his views on Predators make them look like weaklings.

dachande89

I like it in a basic code sense. It worked with AVP Prey, but AVP War made more sense that they hated her and thought of her as weaker trash unfit to hunt. A lot of the novels I got were used through Borders.

SM

QuoteMy biggest point is I HATE how Perry turned them into Samuri because he did a poor job. Samuri DID NOT EVER ALLOW OUTSIDERS INTO THEIR CLAN!!!

So they're clearly not Samuri (sic) then.  Good thing Perry didn't turn them into Samuri.

Basing Predators on some aspects of Samurai doesn't mean he bases it on EVERY aspect.  Cameron based the Aliens on insects - doesn't mean they ARE insects.

And besides, Perry was adapting Stradley.

SiL

QuoteAnd besides, Perry was adapting Stradley.
Adapting, not translating. Even Stradley took issue with some things Perry did, such as working out Machiko is female because Predator females also have boobies.

Stradley didn't go anywhere near the levels that Perry did with the Predator culture. The most he really did was fighting over who gets to choose where to hunt, and Broken Tusk getting a bit pissed that one of the Predators killed a kid.

The PredBen

I agree he didn't turn them into predators fully... still though he tried to but it didn't really work , but yeah Mr.Perry was a great author.

SM

QuoteAdapting, not translating. Even Stradley took issue with some things Perry did, such as working out Machiko is female because Predator females also have boobies.

Stradley didn't go anywhere near the levels that Perry did with the Predator culture. The most he really did was fighting over who gets to choose where to hunt, and Broken Tusk getting a bit pissed that one of the Predators killed a kid.

There's always changes from medium to medium when you have different writers.

The PredBen

I think it was just sad how a viscous tribal warrior alien with cool technology - the ultimate Predator , was turn into a human loving good guy here to save us from aliens.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: The PredBen on May 10, 2009, 09:11:09 PM
I think it was just sad how a viscous tribal warrior alien with cool technology - the ultimate Predator , was turn into a human loving good guy here to save us from aliens.

Quote from: The PredBen on May 06, 2009, 08:01:29 PM
That's true :) also I have never read a Steve Perry book on Predators except for Turnabout so where can I get them?

Ah, passing judgement before actually reading the book. The american way.

The PredBen

Quote from: Mr. Domino on May 11, 2009, 02:06:56 AM
Ah, passing judgement before actually reading the book. The American way.

Yeah... well I know enough of his great work.... to know what he did with them. By... the ... way are you American? ???

Predboy

Quote from: Huol on May 02, 2009, 01:44:37 AM
I still despise this honor thing people have given them.

To me, the predator is just a sadistic game hunter looking for a good ol' time.

This, right here.

Ijapa

Quote from: The PredBen on May 11, 2009, 07:04:14 PM
Quote from: Mr. Domino on May 11, 2009, 02:06:56 AM
Ah, passing judgement before actually reading the book. The American way.

Yeah... well I know enough of his great work.... to know what he did with them. By... the ... way are you American? ???

Is it relevant?

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

I wouldn't go as far as saying the Predator is a "evil creature" unless it is a Bad Blood Predator.

I like how the Predators follow a code of ethics. I understand that not ALL Predators have followed a "code of honor" but the ones that do (like in AvP) I personally like much better. :)

Xhan

:/

k..

So how is shooting a rescue team from the comfort of your invisible ass on tree branch not evil...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed