Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 897,997 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I was just interested in reading some Ultron from the comics and I remembered that the first images I ever saw of Ultron (even before the movie was announced) were from those two comic arcs. Thanks for the input :)

judge death

judge death

News: Judge Dredds long awaited comic with Judge Death and the dark judges will come out in July this year! This marks the first time Judge Death is back for over 10 years time as he comes back from hell to judge all living in Mega city one.

Here it is for preorder:

http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/judge_dredd_dark_justice_exclusive_ltd_edition

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My local comic book shop owner recommended a new Mark Miller series, Chrononauts. It's surprisingly good. Has anyone else picked it up?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So, I never picked up on this before, but the almanac at the end of League of Extraordinary Gentleman Vol 2 actually references The Big Lebowski. Mind=blown.

AllSaintsDay2099

AllSaintsDay2099

Oh boy do I read comics? Yes, like my life depended on it. I'm a poor college student with next to no money - besides what's left over that the college doesn't use. But even then it goes straight to the weeks groceries. I can't really say I go to a comic book shop and buy comics to read. But I have torrented some just because I was desperate. But the majority of what I read is uploaded to two sites I visit on a regular basis they update at least every week. The first is View Comic, the second is Comic Castle. Comic Castle for instance has every single Amazing Spider-Man comic released, and as the worlds biggest Spidey fanboy that's great. View comic has stuff like Judge Dredd, or Predator, or other good things that I want to read but lack because Comic Castle doesn't have them. They compliment each other quite well, and both fit my every need. I read Dark Horse, Image, IDW, Marvel, DC, and more as well. But yeah, comics are my specialty if it's not AVP, Predator, or other key movies, or games, or books I then fanboy about comics.

MandatoryAlcatraz

MandatoryAlcatraz

I really only read The Uncanny X-men. I've tried reading other comics but I've never been able to get into them. Only other series I read other than X-men is Batman, occasionally.

Magegg

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've read through a bunch of Batman trades lately:

The Man Who Laughs: This is easily one of my favorite Joker stories ever, and he comes off as just insanely creepy. The crossover with Alan Scott that the book included was pretty damn good as well.

Mad Love: f**king hilarious, and disturbing, all at once. Getting inside Harley's head was a delightfully strange experience.

Strange Apparitions: These stories from the 70s were pretty cool on the whole, even if the writing has dated significantly. Some of the ones included in the book didn't really have anything to do with the overall arc, as well.

Batman and the Monster Men & Batman and the Mad Monk: I had a lot of fun with this duology. Seeing Batman go up against some really out there adversaries like genetic monstrosities and possibly vampiric cult leaders was a real treat. This version of Hugo Strange was pretty entertaining as well, if a tad generic.

Prey: Strange is involved yet again, and holy shit, he is one f**ked up dude in this. Also, we find out that Batman decided on using a Batmobile after the wind was in the wrong direction to use his glider, and he had to walk all the way home. :laugh:

I've also read the first five collections of the New 52 run by Scott Snyder. Overall he's done a fantastic job, even if the latter parts of Zero Year dragged on too long for my tastes and the new Mr. Freeze origin is just terrible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just curious - do you guys prefer buying the singles or waiting for the collected editions? I'm starting to get overwhelmed by my singles and my collection isn't anything to shout about. I can't imagine how it is for others.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I usually wait for collected editions. DC's slow as hell release schedule doesn't exactly make that easy, though.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The new comic from Dark Horse looks interesting. Has anyone read it?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe Colder is an existing series. I've never read it myself but I always see good reviews of the other books.

Shasvre

Shasvre

You're right. It's the Toss the Bones storyline that is new.

Bodyguard121

Bodyguard121

I am new and I really would like to know if there is any predator comics planned which will come out in 2016. Also I am reading the predator omnibus vol 1-4 and the avp omnibuses.If there is anything you can advice me to read other than those i am open to suggestions.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pop on over the Literature Board for more threads about AvP or Predator books - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?board=28.0

There was a big crossover series called Fire and Stone which cover Alien, Predator, Prometheus and AvP. That was out last year. We're expecting Dark Horse to announce some new stuff at NYCC soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed