Would you want these creatures to be REAL?

Started by Awgustas, Feb 26, 2009, 03:48:45 PM

Author
Would you want these creatures to be REAL? (Read 12,797 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on Mar 04, 2009, 03:30:16 PM
^^You assert that predators are sadistic and therefore enjoy killing people.  Fact is, that predator spared the pregnant woman in PREDATOR 2 which means maybe there is a shred of morality in at least some of them.  That fact in itself would make me fear predators much less than aliens.

They certainly enjoy playing with our dead bodies :P Doesn't change what you said, I just wanted to put that out there.

Quote from: gameoverman on Mar 04, 2009, 03:30:16 PMSecond and foremost, predators (at least most of the ones we've seen depicted in various media) are hunters which means they are always looking for good sport.  They are not mindless killers.

Bad Bloods just flew in from the Pred homeworld. They're looking for you.

Quote from: gameoverman on Mar 04, 2009, 03:30:16 PMYes, predators could nuke the planet but so could human beings so I don't see how that's so different a situation to what we have now.

Plus Predators only use their nukes when they lose. They don't use it just for the sake of using it.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteYou assert that predators are sadistic and therefore enjoy killing people.
That's exactly what they do.
QuoteFact is, that predator spared the pregnant woman in PREDATOR 2 which means maybe there is a shred of morality in at least some of them.
Yet he killed a unarmed old lady in the train.
There is no morality, there is only what enemy they get the best boner of.

QuoteThat fact in itself would make me fear predators much less than aliens.
For me its quite the opposite, when i see an Alien i know its after me anyway, so i would shoot and most likely kill it. If i saw a Predator i wouldn't know what to do, is it going to kill me? Does he see me as an opponent? Is he playing after the "rules", should i shoot or not?
You just don't know what makes them tick and therefore you don't know how to act.

QuoteSecond and foremost, predators (at least most of the ones we've seen depicted in various media) are hunters which means they are always looking for good sport.  They are not mindless killers.
Yes, they are not mindless killers.
They kill with "you on the trophy wall" in mind. You don't know what makes you a good sport, I'm a boxer and in pretty good shape, does that justify it? I don't know but with an Alien its all clear anyway, there is no need to think what you do, you kill it or it kills you, makes the Predator much more malicious.

QuoteYes, predators could nuke the planet but so could human beings so I don't see how that's so different a situation to what we have now.
Different situation, when the USA thought saddam had atomic weapons they went into Iraq to investigate and stop him, how can you stop something you don't know about even exists?
How can you stop something you cant reach, you cant spot?

Like said, different situation.

QuotePlus Predators only use their nukes when they lose. They don't use it just for the sake of using it.
The thing is to know they could if they just want to, you never know what they think, if there is just one of them who is even more sadistic and drops a bomb that's it.

With the aliens you know they cant do that, they have to come pretty close or in numbers to kill you, there is no technology.
You're secured until they come to your house, in your room, standing in front of you. If Predators think you're a worthless species they will just eliminate you, they don't even have to come to earth for that, they don't even have to come to earth to know what you're doing given that they have systems that can watch the earth on their own planet, or in AvP when they can watch the scientists on their ship. You have the feeling you're being observed all the time.

No thx, i would rather have Aliens.

DoomRulz

The old lady had a gun. Hell, everyone on the train did.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2009, 08:57:18 PM
The old lady had a gun. Hell, everyone on the train did.
And yet we never see her with a gun.
There are several old ladys, we dont see the one he kills with a gun.

dachande89

When Harrigan arrives at the subway car he askes the police chief who was hit, he says a couple of gang bangers, and some locals. And Harrigan whispers, "They were all armed."

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: dachande89 on Mar 04, 2009, 09:30:14 PM
When Harrigan arrives at the subway car he askes the police chief who was hit, he says a couple of gang bangers, and some locals. And Harrigan whispers, "They were all armed."
And he knows that from what exactly? He's a cop, not a psychic.

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 09:07:25 PM
And yet we never see her with a gun.
There are several old ladys, we dont see the one he kills with a gun.
The point of the attempted robbery was to show everyone on the train had a gun, even the old ladies. We only see the head of the one he kills - She likely did have a gun, given the previous scene.

Johnny Handsome

Its likely, yet we didn't see her with a gun, that all I'm saying.
You cant make a valid argument out of that by saying "we only saw the head so she had a gun".

I say she hadn't had a gun, you say she had, no one can be profen wrong. I can live with that.

Aeus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 03:06:50 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Mar 03, 2009, 10:23:26 PM
Predators being real wouldn't be overly bad. They'd probably end up killing some Mob bosses and Dictators, which would be useful.

Or cops and old woman.
Imagine being in the subway or a bus and all the sudden this thing breaks in.
The feeling alone being observed by this thing and being hunted for their pleasure would make me crazy. Here is this thing that travels across the universe not to kill for its survival but for their own sadistic reasons. They are not good guys who come to earth to make it a better place by killing the scum, we only live because they want us to live. The one Predator caused havoc in Los Angeles, a big city, now imagine 50 or even 100 Predators, the thing is if we bring all our technology and defensive systems, they bring better ones.

I would rather have aliens to be real, at least they cant kill us from space by pushing a button if they want to.

But in the end of the day i don't want neither of them to be real. I think we have enough problems with our own kind.

I know man, I never said I wanted them to be real, I just said it wouldn't be 'entirely bad'. Xenomorphs being real though? That would be 'entirely bad'.

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 09:42:42 PM
You cant make a valid argument out of that by saying "we only saw the head so she had a gun".
I can make a valid argument of "Just a few minutes prior everyone in the train car was shown to have a gun, and seeing as no little old ladies walked in during the meantime, I'm going to say it's safe to assume she was armed."

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Mar 04, 2009, 09:49:25 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 09:42:42 PM
I can make a valid argument of "Just a few minutes prior everyone in the train car was shown to have a gun, and seeing as no little old ladies walked in during the meantime, I'm going to say it's safe to assume she was armed."
But not everyone in the train was armed.
The train is huge, and Leona was going in the next wagon to evacuate people, maybe the old lady was just in the way and wanted into the next wagon but was killed from the Predator when trying.
Wrong place at the wrong time.

DoomRulz

Why would the Predator kill her if she wasn't a threat? No need.

Master Chief

Maybe she hit him with her purse.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2009, 10:31:25 PM
Why would the Predator kill her if she wasn't a threat? No need.
Like i said, you don't know what makes them tick.
Why would the Predator stalk Danny in the first place? He didn't do any heroic stuff, Harrigan did, so he killed the guy to piss him off and even hang the necklace on the tree to piss him off even more.
But he personally never challenged the Predator, Leona never challenged the Predator, Jerry never challenged him and still He's after them just to play games with Harrigan by killing innocent people around him.
Same could be applied to King Willi, the guy didn't have a Weapon and the Pred could have never seen that sword before he actually pulled it, still, he was going to kill him.

That whole Code of Honor thing was so overplayed in the AvP movies that the Predator becomes less of a thread, and that was never the idea of the originals.

gameoverman

^Leona had a gun but you still haven't answered the question why the pred didn't kill her after it found out she was pregnant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed