Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 357,571 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Not sure if I'm sold. Do the fingers actually raise up from the case like they appear to in the pictures?

unclejun

unclejun

On the front of the case, yes, but not on the side.

predxeno

predxeno

That sucks, but the pic makes the facehugger on the sides look like they're standing out.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

It looks better up close, it must be hell displaying it though.

Vulhala

Vulhala

D'accord. Tres agreable  :)

unclejun

unclejun

Another picture:

The inside of the US/UK version is different, right?

appleguy

appleguy

Any chance someone could make a list of the easter eggs and their exact locations?

I would like to find the science officer report from the old Alien DVD and also is there the boy and his powerloader thing on there?
Anything else I'm missing?

In fact it would be great if someone could list all the NEW material on these discs after the quadrilogy.

predxeno

predxeno

I'm still looking for the powerloader easter egg on the Alien Quadrilogy DVD. :(

echobbase79

echobbase79

Just got this for my birthday today and watched the first thirty minutes of the Alien 3 workprint and the sound is much better. They've even added in some of dialog from the T-C over the scenes of the prisoners talking about how to make a landing, how many are there, three maybe four, and Frank it's going to be forty below in five minutes. This is played over as the prisoners are removing the bodies from the EEV.

First Blood

First Blood

I actually like the UK packaging more. The American one, tends to give the disks a better chance of getting scratched when taking them out. Where as the UK one, has each disk secured in a pegg around the center hole.  :-\

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 01, 2010, 01:25:33 AM
They've even added in some of dialog from the T-C over the scenes of the prisoners talking about how to make a landing, how many are there, three maybe four, and Frank it's going to be forty below in five minutes. This is played over as the prisoners are removing the bodies from the EEV.

Yeah, that was a nice touch. I did find it odd that Murphy's dialogue about Spike during the vent shaft scene was still present in the special edition, however.

predxeno

predxeno

Why? ???

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Nov 01, 2010, 11:50:55 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 01, 2010, 01:25:33 AM
They've even added in some of dialog from the T-C over the scenes of the prisoners talking about how to make a landing, how many are there, three maybe four, and Frank it's going to be forty below in five minutes. This is played over as the prisoners are removing the bodies from the EEV.

Yeah, that was a nice touch. I did find it odd that Murphy's dialogue about Spike during the vent shaft scene was still present in the special edition, however.

That irks me that they've kept that in. I didn't get that far and was hoping they'd deleted that bit of dialog. I guess they just keep forgetting.

predxeno

predxeno

Oh that.  Yeah, that was my one gripe about the Special Edition.  Though, it would probably make sense for the Anthology to keep it in, otherwise they'd have to rename this version as "the corrected special edition" or something.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Isn't that kind of what it is? I mean, they re-dubbed dialogue that was messy production audio the first time around and enhanced the image a bit more for the deleted bits; seems like removing those lines so the scene makes more sense would be another logical, simple tweak. I don't mean to sound whiney though. This is just one little gripe with an otherwise outstanding release. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed