Brian Tyler Talks AvP2

Started by Darkness, Jun 11, 2007, 04:08:46 PM

Author
Brian Tyler Talks AvP2 (Read 20,316 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2007, 01:13:33 AM
Off topic-ish.  I was watching Wrath of Khan yesterday and noticed Horner ripping himself off again during the scenes where Khan meets Chekov.  Same stuff as he used later in Aliens during the early colony sweep scenes.

He musta really been stretched...

Actually, those basic melodies were present in as far back as what he did for 'Battle Beyond The Stars', but he tends to rearrange them sufficiently to fit in with each film's theme. :)

Just listen to 'Krull' It takes some of the pieces he's famed for using, but the score has an identity all of its own.

In the extra features for 'Aliens', I think there are interviews which show how amazingly rushed it was and that the music was meant to have suffered for that. It's either admitted or alluded to that he had so little time and opportunity to score new stuff, that he had to basically resort to what he knew worked well.

The same applies to the composer for 'Alien 3', but both efforts are amazing pieces of musical work.

SM

SM

Yeah I knew Aliens was rushed, which pissed Horner off greatly.  Still the music suited the film extraordinarily well, so ti did the job.

QuoteThere's very few new compositions done for it, mostly making do with re-timed cues from II.

Aside from Goldsmith's original film theme, Horner's was best.  Not surprised he re-used his music.  I was always a bit disappointed that Trek didn't use the same themes throughout all the films like Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2007, 12:24:41 AM
Aside from Goldsmith's original film theme, Horner's was best. 

Agreed.   His main theme was great.  Eidelman's Holst-esque Trek 6 score is good too, I know it ain't everyone's cup o' tea, but I dig it.  :)

Corporal Hicks

A lot of the themes show up many times. The Klingon theme shows up again plenty of times throughout the TOS film and again in First Contact.

SM

SM

Yeah but the Klingon attack on the V'Ger cloud in TMP was different from Horner's motif in Search for Spock.  And I don't remember any Klingons in First Contact?

I just thought it'd be cool if certain themes could be consistent throughout then new ones come into play in each film.  That said the stuff Goldsmith and Horner used for the Klingons were both pretty sweet.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2007, 08:48:43 AM
Yeah but the Klingon attack on the V'Ger cloud in TMP was different from Horner's motif in Search for Spock.  And I don't remember any Klingons in First Contact?

There weren't, it was just used for battles. And I think it was used for Worf's reveal on the deflector dish too.

SM

SM

The Worf bit would make sense.  It's been a long while since I watched First Contact though.

Uncanny Antman

Goldsmith only uses his Klingon motif twice in First Contact.

1.  When Worf is first shown on the bridge of the Defiant.
2.  A very faint version when Worf enters the Enterprise bridge.

P.S. FYI, the score for the deflector dish sequence was actually composed by Jerry's son, Joel.

Corporal Hicks

Who does the Stargate SG1 music!

*puts in First Contact DVD* No, it wasn't on the deflector bit. Could have sworn it was used more than twice in the film.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

*waits for SiL to react to Aliens being called primal*

Highland

Highland

nice, It seems things always get better when speaking to people working on the movies, now all we need is an actual screen shot to prove that were not in for the biggest hoax of the century!    :P  

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

(One thing I can say for sure, it is going to be big!)  there is he talking about the music, or the movie?     ???  

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Both.

Darkoo

Darkoo

This movie will be a film legend, And Strause Brothers the next Academy Winner Directors!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

The trailer will answer all our questions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed