Kane facehugger attack

Started by gameoverman, Dec 31, 2008, 12:21:49 PM

Author
Kane facehugger attack (Read 25,796 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Im behind SM's explanation that its the explosion that damaged the cryotube. After all, the facehugger didnt get to Ripley untill after the crash so why would it break her tube? The embryo bailed from Newt once she started to drown and slipped into Ripley.

predxeno

predxeno

There's a computer screen on the Sulaco that shows the facehugger on Ripley's face so that takes place before the EEV crash.  The idea of the embryo coming out of Newt's mouth and into Ripley's is completely hypothetical.  There's no proof supporting that theory yet.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 02, 2010, 12:41:45 AM
There's a computer screen on the Sulaco that shows the facehugger on Ripley's face so that takes place before the EEV crash.  The idea of the embryo coming out of Newt's mouth and into Ripley's is completely hypothetical.  There's no proof supporting that theory yet.

We dont know who's face is on the monitor

SM

SM

QuoteIf you pay close enough attention

Please do.

The broken glass is as obvious as a big pair of hairy dogs balls.  However at no point in the credit sequence does Ripley have a hugger attached to her.  Someone obviously does, but we see both Ripley and Newt being loaded into the EEV and neither have a hugger.  So taken on face value - Hicks was hugged and Hicks was bleeding.  From the fire starting to the EEV launch approximately 20 seconds elapses (which matches the voice over form the ships computer).

QuoteThere's a computer screen on the Sulaco that shows the facehugger on Ripley's face so that takes place before the EEV crash.

Incorrect.

The host is never identified.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Of course there are some other problems that surface. For instance, Newt's tube is intact after the crash. She drowned but there are no holes or opening, so it seems like the hugger could never get to her. Then theres the issue with Hicks. If the hugger would get to Hicks, it wouldve been smashed along with his upper body

predxeno

predxeno

Weyland-Yutani knew that Ripley had a queen inside of her.  If the computer showed Newt, then they would want Newt's body.  I checked the opening sequence.  There's an actual scene showing Ripley's cryotube being cracked open.  This takes place before the explosion, therefore logic would dictate that it was cracked open by the facehugger.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 02, 2010, 12:47:20 AM
Weyland-Yutani knew that Ripley had a queen inside of her.  If the computer showed Newt, then they would want Newt's body. .

Youre forgetting one thing. The company found out about Ripley being impregnated from the EEV scan that she did with 85. Remember the message? Paraphrasing: "EEV scan received. Ripley should be priority and contained until our arrival etc"

SM

SM

QuoteOf course there are some other problems that surface.

Nothing but in the start of that film.

QuoteFor instance, Newt's tube is intact after the crash. She drowned but there are no holes or opening, so it seems like the hugger could never get to her.

On face value (which I have to keep stressing), the hugger never got Newt.  I don't recall if the crack is visible after the crash.  However if it's cracked, it's going to let water in slowly and out slowly.  So if the EEV is breaked long enough and underwater she's going to drown.

QuoteThen theres the issue with Hicks. If the hugger would get to Hicks, it wouldve been smashed along with his upper body

My theory on that is the hugger got him, but due to his injuries, which were exascerbated by the fire (hence the bleeding), the hugger abandoned him and got Ripley after the EEV launch.

QuoteThere's an actual scene showing Ripley's cryotube being cracked open.

When?

The opening goes like this:
-   Titles
-   Slow zoom on sleeping Ripley and Newt in darkened hypersleep chamber.
-   Title
-   Exterior shot of Sulaco tracking right to left.
-   Title
-   Interior shot somewhere on Sulaco (according to a name plate) panning left to reveal an Alien egg attached to some sort of support strut.  The egg is upside down and open.
-   Title
-   Four facehugger digitals unfolding into the bottom of frame.
-   Title
-   Facehugger climbing the side of Newt's cryotube.
-   Title
-   The glass on Newt's cryotube cracks.
-   Titles
-   Alien acid starts eating into floor.  Sparks from sub-flooring.
-   Title
-   Wisps of smoke drift towards some sort of sensor (smoke detector?).
-   Titles
-   Screen with an ECG wave.  Top right it says 'NP-02311'. Bottom left is 'BK-977076'.  'Stasis interrupted' flashes on the screen bottom right accompanied by an automated voice saying "Stasis interrupted. Fire in cryogenic compartment."  Following the first screen is a red flashing emergency light and a neuroscan of someone with the facehugger on them.
-   Title
-   The voice continues "Repeat. Fire in cryogenic compartment. All personnel report to emergency escape vehicle." We see a closer neuroscan of the hugger on someone's face, which turns to it's left then back again.
-   Title
-   Blood spreading across a white piece of material, accompanied by a screeching noise and the voice saying "Launch of deep space lifeboat will commence in t-minus 20 seconds."
-   Titles
-   Red flashing light; some sort of cylinders with fluid; red flashing light again; Ripley eyes closed head having a spasm; computer screen with graphic profile of someone's head and brain flashing; accompanied by a warning klaxon.
-   Title
-   Some hexagonal piece of equipment of the walls explodes, followed by Ripley stirring in hypersleep – her crytotube now broken.  Mixed with the explosion is the sound of breaking glass.
-   Title
-   A large plume of fire explodes across the roof.  No explosion sound, but sound of fire.
-   Titles
-   Ripley's cryotube drops out of frame, cryotube slides down another tube.
-   Title
-   Tube slides into another darkened chamber; Newt's tube drops into frame, door slides closed behind it.
-   Titles
-   A large cog on the wall turns, as smoke drifts past.
-   Titles
-   Ripley stirring in hypersleep crossfades into EEV dropping out of the Sulaco, to right of frame then pan right to reveal Fiorina and EEV tumbling towards it.  Superimposed title says: "Fiorina "Fury" 161, Outer-Veil Mineral Ore Refinery, Double Y Chromosome – Work Correctional Facility" followed by "Maximum security"

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2010, 12:56:13 AM

QuoteFor instance, Newt's tube is intact after the crash. She drowned but there are no holes or opening, so it seems like the hugger could never get to her.

On face value (which I have to keep stressing), the hugger never got Newt.  I don't recall if the crack is visible after the crash.  However if it's cracked, it's going to let water in slowly and out slowly.  So if the EEV is breaked long enough and underwater she's going to drown.

Well but I take the comic adaptation scene as canon so my post was written with the assumption that New got hugged first. Like I said, it doesnt fit with the theatrical continuity because we see dead Newt in her last move trying to get out. If the hugger got to her, then there would be a hole in the tube. On the other hand, in AC the glass from her tube is completely gone so that version fits

I guess its a plausible explanation with Hicks tho. The guy was drugged, weak and seriously hurt.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 02, 2010, 12:54:06 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 02, 2010, 12:47:20 AM
Weyland-Yutani knew that Ripley had a queen inside of her.  If the computer showed Newt, then they would want Newt's body. .

Youre forgetting one thing. The company found out about Ripley being impregnated from the EEV scan that she did with 85. Remember the message? Paraphrasing: "EEV scan received. Ripley should be priority and contained until our arrival etc"

Very well.

SM, look closer.  The scene with the facehugger breaking Newt's tube is actually Ripley's tube.

SM

SM

...when...?

So the face under the cracking glass is Sigourney Weaver and not Danielle Edmond?

predxeno

predxeno

Did they use a different actress for Newt?  I'll recheck it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 02, 2010, 01:17:22 AM
Did they use a different actress for Newt?  I'll recheck it.

They did. After all, Carrie was 5 years older at that point

SM

SM

I've studied and written about this title sequence exhaustively - or so I'd thought - but I really don't know what you're getting at.

predxeno

predxeno

You win, SM.  The person has blonde hair.  I thought she was Ripley because her face seemed more mature than Carrie Henn's last time I saw her in Aliens.  What I'm trying to get at?  Wow, I just looked at previous posts and it's really complicated.  At first I was trying to explain that the spilling of acid blood was accidental.  Then I was under the mistaken idea that it tried to break open Ripley's tube instead of Newt's.  I tried to "correct" you before you pointed out my mistake.  But still, we can't be completely sure that the explosion opened the cryotube.  The facehugger made a good attempt on Newt's tube so it could probably do it again on Ripley's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed