So how are Predators born?

Started by War Wager, Dec 13, 2008, 07:17:21 PM

Author
So how are Predators born? (Read 10,760 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Makes sense being born via mouth. It does look like a vigina afterall...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Good point, actually. I should've thought it was just b/c that's how they f**k in the first place.

War Wager

War Wager

I guess the BS's idea at Pred reprouduction wasn't so thoughtless afterall.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I'll go with the "they have babies like we do" method.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Where's the creativity in that?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 15, 2008, 09:38:17 PM
Where's the creativity in that?
Who says it has to be creative? :P

SiL

SiL

Predator kama sutra.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Great. Now I'm going to have mandible-filled nightmares.

If AVP:R is canon, then yes, it would be orally. There's no other movie explanation that's easier.

DoomRulz

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 15, 2008, 11:48:29 PM
Great. Now I'm going to have mandible-filled nightmares.

If AVP:R is canon, then yes, it would be orally. There's no other movie explanation that's easier.
That's a really shaky conclusion. You could just as easily say that young Queens can lay embryos in that fashion, and it has nothing to do with Predators. Especially since Alien mouths (even the PredAlien) aren't anything like Predator "pussy-mouths". Predators don't even have visible tongues.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 16, 2008, 02:33:41 AM
That's a really shaky conclusion. You could just as easily say that young Queens can lay embryos in that fashion, and it has nothing to do with Predators. Especially since Alien mouths (even the PredAlien) aren't anything like Predator "pussy-mouths". Predators don't even have visible tongues.

Not really, which is why I said what I said. For whatever reason, the PredAlien is basically 50/50 Alien/Predator, even though that's not how it usually works. You can easily say that the PredAlien, along with inheriting the dreadlocks, pigmentation, mandibles, and other unique features also inherited a similar reproductive system. We have visual clues that it might be specific to the PredAlien, what with the mandibles being employed during implantation when we know most Aliens incarnations don't have mandibles. The Queen argument is vague at best; you could say that the crest is yet another feature from the Predator host.

The alternative is to get into the very lengthy discussion as to why a method of reproduction employed by "young Queens" is far more efficient than than that of the supposed adults, which employ a method that makes them a giant target. Then we'd be discussing why there's a design flaw in the ultimate survivor's biology. Plus, that would make Queens expendable. If the PredAlien was a "young Queen," then that means Queens can be replaced with ease (as there seems to be a short timeframe in the canon theatrical cut between the PredAlien's birth and adulthood) and benefit from a method of reproduction that's far more advantageous than the solitary method of yore as soon as they've molted.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

QuoteYou can easily say that the PredAlien, along with inheriting the dreadlocks, pigmentation, mandibles, and other unique features also inherited a similar reproductive system.
This assumes that the Predators reproduce the way Chet did, which is the very conclusion you're trying to prove. That's circular reasoning. :)

Quoteyou could say that the crest is yet another feature from the Predator host.
Why? Predators don't have crests, but we know Queens do. As an aside, we also know from the ADI guys that they specifically designed Chet with a crest in order to imply that she was a young Queen, if the fact that she could reproduce didn't give it away.

QuoteThen we'd be discussing why there's a design flaw in the ultimate survivor's biology.
That assumes that Aliens are in any way "perfect" and that some kind of "design flaw" (assuming it was "designed") is impossible or out-of-place.

QuotePlus, that would make Queens expendable.
How so?

Quoteas there seems to be a short timeframe in the canon theatrical cut between the PredAlien's birth and adulthood
This assumes the PredAlien-Queen was fully-grown. :)

Like I said, citing an Alien's reproductive method (an Alien which was heavily implied to be a Queen, no less) which implements physical abilities that the Predator doesn't have and omits physical traits that it does have as evidence of Predator reproduction is incredibly shaky. There's a whole lot of other assumptions you have to make before you could even use Chet as evidence of Predator reproduction.

SM

SM

If the BS and ADI are to be believed - then the PredAlien (may it's name be forever cursed) inherited Predator oral reproductive cycle.

Is there more or less evidence for that in the film than for it to be a young Queen?  From all reports there's zero evidence that it's a young Queen.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well it has the Queen's crest, and it reproduces, which is something we've never seen any other Alien do, but we know Queens do it.

Edit-- this was just brought to my attention.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You might wanna think twice about relying on Colin's official explanation, especially since he can't decide if the Predalien is truly 100% Alien or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed