AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 358,792 times)

blood.

blood.

lmao! who wouldn't want to see arnold hunt down a group of predators one by one  :laugh: :-X

cheachea

cheachea

*Let me tell you what I DON'T want to see:

PG Rating
Human Predator Team Ups
Bulky Line Backer Predators
Fake looking Predator Faces
"Super" Predators
Pyramids

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Jeri on Dec 24, 2016, 05:23:05 PM
Give the Alien prequels & predator reboot a chance and maybe in 10-15 years, maybe Fox can use whatever elements of those films with the comics also.

Maybe it's one of those adaptions that can't translate to film; we'll see....  ;)

if they make a new AVP, they need to use only, and ONLY, the 6 Alien/Predator movies, maybe some stuff from Prometheus when the trilogy is complete, but they have to use nothing of the games, comics, etcetera, only what the movies show and is canon

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: cheachea on Dec 27, 2016, 11:07:55 PM
*Let me tell you what I DON'T want to see:

PG Rating
Human Predator Team Ups
Bulky Line Backer Predators
Fake looking Predator Faces
"Super" Predators
Pyramids
Don't forget the Predalien that looks more like a Pred than a Xeno and making the Xenos harmless and weak.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I actually don't mind the human/predator team up as long as it makes sense. AVP executed it terribly, the girl (I forget her name honestly) wasn't a warrior of any kind, she only killed on alien if I remember correctly.

As far as the pred alien goes in appearance I think AVP2010 did it the best. I don't think the pred alien should inherit the dread locks, but you can barely notice them in game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 05, 2017, 03:20:36 PM
I actually don't mind the human/predator team up as long as it makes sense. AVP executed it terribly, the girl (I forget her name honestly) wasn't a warrior of any kind, she only killed on alien if I remember correctly.

And it was a fluke. Yeah, I don't mind the team-up as long as it's pulled off well. It isn't in Anderson's AvP. Lex didn't come across as any kind of formidable character that deserved the Predator's respect.

Kaltes

Kaltes

The Alien just threw itself at her and she got lucky and grabbed the combistick. Hardy qualifies as a skilled warrior.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

In the comic that relationship took a large chunk of the comic to build up. Broken Tusk being saved by the colonists, and then BT saving the colonists from one of his rogue students. Plus the whole "hunt" going way out of control.

Even then, though, i'm not entirely sure what possessed the writers of the original AVP to turn the Predator's into anti-heroes. I mean, yeah, they're on this side of Jason Voorhees in terms of how well they can relate to us, but that doesn't mean they would stoop to siding with us. They blow themselves up when they lose.

With all that sad, I would not mind if they actually adapted the comic. I like the original comic a lot. As far as Alien and Predator comics go it's right near the top.

I wouldn't mind one based on "Chained to Life and Death" either. Greatly expanded, of course. The idea of an Elder Predator setting up an attempted suicide hunt would make for a great setup.

Xenohunterprime

Xenohunterprime

First thing's first: completely disregard the first two movies. Reference the books and comics and games all you want, but the films never happened. Now, here's my idea: We follow a team of Colonial Marines sent to investigate a colony that went dark a week ago. Make the marines likable through dialogue, like the ones from Aliens or the original Predator. Then, as the marines investigate the colony, they find it was built over the ancient hunting grounds the Predators would use to hunt the Aliens. A Predator hunting party arrives after this revelation and the Marines have to try and survive as the Predators and Aliens duke it out. Maybe have the leader of the unit work alongside the Predators, maybe after they see him kill a few Aliens and view him as worthy of not getting killed. final confrontation would be the Marines (or what's left of them) trying to escape the colony as the Predator fights the Alien queen. Alien vs Predator as a concept is just a huge fan jerk off sesh. Treat it as such. Don't have it fly into parody, but have some goddamn fun with the concept
I remember being super surprised how little fun I had with Alien vs Predator Requiem, and that movie has an alien-predator hybrid for f**ks sake!

blood.

blood.

Do the predators coincidentally turn up while the aliens and colonial marines are getting frisky or is there an event that triggers their arrival?

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I still think the Queen is alive.

Frozen by the cold depths but since we know xenomorphs are resilient I could easily see her in a coma type state at the bottom of the ocean--almost like megatron when he was dumped.

Perhaps the film opens up with a skilled team retrieving her, maybe the same people who have the Predator technology from AVP:R?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Keep it in Comic form. This should never be made into another movie. Ever

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

An agricultural colony (call it LV-87 or LV-79) with animals that humans have transported so that they can procreate and survive. A cornucopia of possible Xeno variations (Baboon Alien, Bull Alien, etc.) that the Predator has to deal with. Smugglers have ransacked the colony and the hot summer months of this planet are at its peak. One of the smugglers finds a cavern with a Xenomorph egg inside and all hell breaks loose (just have a few and the sequel can deal with where they came from and world build). A Yautja arrives to hunt and has to deal with the surprising annoyance of a Xenomorph outbreak while he's hunting.

Keep it simple and focused. A Deadpool-sized budget and a competent action director. And a solid R rating.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Jun 29, 2017, 09:37:19 PM
An agricultural colony (call it LV-87 or LV-79) with animals that humans have transported so that they can procreate and survive. A cornucopia of possible Xeno variations (Baboon Alien, Bull Alien, etc.) that the Predator has to deal with. Smugglers have ransacked the colony and the hot summer months of this planet are at its peak. One of the smugglers finds a cavern with a Xenomorph egg inside and all hell breaks loose (just have a few and the sequel can deal with where they came from and world build). A Yautja arrives to hunt and has to deal with the surprising annoyance of a Xenomorph outbreak while he's hunting.

Keep it simple and focused. A Deadpool-sized budget and a competent action director. And a solid R rating.

I agree with this. If AVP is made, it needs to be set in the future. They should also state that it's not canon in the alien and predator series. Make it a good, solid R-rated action movie like Dredd. And don't have a hack write the script, either.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Jun 29, 2017, 09:37:19 PM

I would love to eventually see several different variations of the adult Alien together on-screen (I'm not counting Chet or the Queen). I do think that if we get another AvP it wouldn't be a massive budget, though, so I can't imagine we'd get anything like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed