Post your funny old AVP beliefs

Started by B-Rad G, Sep 25, 2008, 02:41:07 PM

Author
Post your funny old AVP beliefs (Read 6,039 times)

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

Remember back when you first started watching the series? We all had our fair share of beliefs that we thought were 100% true, but turned out the be a total load a crap. I'll give some examples of stuff that I used to think:

* I thought the Predator in Predator 2 where brothers

* The Elder Predator can be seen as a clone in A:R

* I thought that Runner can brak and roll over since it was part Dog

* I thought the Alien Skull in Predator 2 was a Raptor Skull

* I thought i saw Freddy glove next to the Alien skull in Predator 2 but i was wrong  :-[  :-\

This was back when i was 8 or 9 in the 90's.

War Wager

War Wager

When I first saw the trailer for Alien Quad DVD I thought the storyline for Alien was completely different. I thought the scenes for Alien were A:R's because they looked the grainiest. I thought Ripley was some sort of Alien Hunter that the crew pick up and there mysteriously happens to be an Alien on board. (This was before I had saw any of the movies of coarse)

chupacabras acheronsis

when i saw predator, i though they where in Vietnam. then appeared Anna, must be Colombia. The fact is they used Val Verde:

"Val Verde is a fictional country used by Hollywood filmmakers when they require a South/Central American country without getting into legal or diplomatic disputes. In general it is a Spanish-speaking country resembling Cuba or Nicaragua."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Verde_(fictional_country)

Alienseseses

I thought the aliens were like dinosaurs.

I thought a facehugger had an eye on its back.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I thought that the scene following the fire in the tunnel in AlienĀ³ the prisoners were actually ghosts because they were walking slow. I wasn't used to Fincher's brand of cinematography, so to an 11-year-old it took some getting used to.

Private Hudson

I thought the aliens in Aliens were Mantis Aliens from KENNERs Alien toyline.

I thought Newt was Ripleys genetic daughter.

Predator755

I thought that the events from Aliens resulted from the cat in the first movie having little eggs laid inside of it when it was stuck inside that cage when the alien came nearby. Stuuuuuuupid! ::)

Purebreedalien

I thought that the picture on the back of the AvP 1 disk DVD of a guy being Facehugged was a picture of a skeleton grabbing some guys face, I thought the part of the resin in the same picture was a Dinosaur's leg. I thought that the Predator's masks were their faces. There was more but I forget.

BloodyRedBaron

Well, for one thing I thought Aliens came before Alien. I thought the Queen on Board the Sulaco had somehow hatched out of Bishop, I thought the Alien head looked like a Chicken Leg with the skin torn off. I also used to think that when they said "Guerilla" in Predator, they meant actual gorillas.

Before you judge me to harshly, remember that I was barely out of diapers the first time I saw Predator, the two Alien movies came only a little latter.

The Demon

The Demon

I'm sure I can remember better ones but i can only remember this one right now, but i use to think those aliens in the water from A:R were "aqua aliens" after seeing these stupid aqua aliens figures advertised at the store.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: BloodyRedBaron on Sep 30, 2008, 09:15:11 PM
Well, for one thing I thought Aliens came before Alien. I thought the Queen on Board the Sulaco had somehow hatched out of Bishop, I thought the Alien head looked like a Chicken Leg with the skin torn off. I also used to think that when they said "Guerilla" in Predator, they meant actual gorillas.

Before you judge me to harshly, remember that I was barely out of diapers the first time I saw Predator, the two Alien movies came only a little latter.

I thought the same thing about the Guerillas.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

B/c the first time I saw Aliens it was the last 20 or so minutes, I thought Newt was Ripley's daughter.

Predator755

For some weird reason, I thought that in Predator both Dutch and Blain were using mini-guns in the main shootout near the beginning. :P

The Necronoir

As an impressionable eleven-year-old I initially thought that the predator fed on heat, because of the scene where the scorpion becomes cold on its hand, and that its cloak actually allowed it to run through material objects, mistaking the scene where it's running up to Dillon for it actually passing through the trunks of the trees.

As for Aliens, I was absolutely positive there was a scene in the hive where you could see the flying alien queen from the kenner toys moving out from camouflage against the hive wall.

chupacabras acheronsis

I though the Predator was a Really, Really evil person (until he takes his mask off, of course).

I was 8 year old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed