Isla Sorna hunt

Started by Predator755, Sep 21, 2008, 05:57:00 AM

Author
Isla Sorna hunt (Read 1,803 times)

Predator755

Predator755

For those of you who are fans of dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park movies/books, I was just toying around with the idea of a Predator, or a handful hunting on the islands that Hammond put his creations on.
But just for simplicity, lets focus on what would happen on Isla Sorna, AKA, Site B in The Lost World. Why? Mostly because it was designed to be a more open area, unlike Isla Nublar which was intended for people to inhabit. Also, I imagine this scenario with human involvment completely removed. Just Yautja and dinos.

Now, what do you think would be involved there? Bigger weaponry? A bigger knife for getting trophies? Or would there be a lot more green blood splattered amongst the jungle?

Personally, this is a scenario I would love to see! ;D

gameoverman

gameoverman

I wouldn't be interested in a story with no humans.  That was AVPR's major failing, not giving us any decent human characters.  With none at all, I'd imagine it would be completely boring, unless you're talking about a video game/comic book or something.

Predator755

Predator755

Hmmm. I think I see what you mean. Ive just noticed that almost every single Aliens, Predator, or AvP story has humans involved, even if they dont need to be. It somewhat constricts possibilities, if you know what I mean. But still, having humans also allows other storylines to emerge.
Either way, this would probably do best as a comic or novel.

nexus

nexus

Im actually already writing a story based on this idea, have been for a little while now.

looks into how preds prepare for the hunt too.
in mine i have two preds,

one is a disgraced unblodied who is considered a coward and is basically there to ensure the other has everything needed for the hunt.

Im putting tim murphy in the story as the recouring character from jurassic park.

the main premise is that weland corp has bought out InGen and are opening the islands as big game parks.

but when you invite the best hunters on earth to come and hunt....the best hunters off earth show up.

have half written a very climactic battle between predator and Rex

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Predator755 on Sep 21, 2008, 06:41:16 AM
Hmmm. I think I see what you mean. Ive just noticed that almost every single Aliens, Predator, or AvP story has humans involved, even if they dont need to be. It somewhat constricts possibilities, if you know what I mean. But still, having humans also allows other storylines to emerge.
Either way, this would probably do best as a comic or novel.

No, that's not the reason.  We're humans.  You can't write a story without humans or humanising non-humans.

Vanski

Vanski

Quote from: gameoverman on Sep 21, 2008, 06:37:13 AM
I wouldn't be interested in a story with no humans.  That was AVPR's major failing, not giving us any decent human characters.  With none at all, I'd imagine it would be completely boring, unless you're talking about a video game/comic book or something.
Right you are. I know this is said about 100 times, but what made Alien and Predator movies so great were the characters.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: gameoverman on Sep 22, 2008, 08:24:40 AM
No, that's not the reason.  We're humans.  You can't write a story without humans or humanising non-humans.

exactly. we as the audience need a character's eyes to look from. and they need to be a very familiar ones, where the fear and adrenaline can reach you easily.

you cant look from the eyes of a predator without humanizing it. it would be just... weird  :P

[i am not making any sense, right?]

Predator755

Predator755

Oooooooooh! Now I gotcha!

Ive been toying around with my own predator vs dino idea, but has nothing to do with the Jurrasic Park stuff. Oh well!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think creature vs creature stuff would only work if it was highly stylized. Ie Anime.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed