AlienS Vs. Predator?

Started by Hunter-Slayer, Sep 16, 2008, 06:36:01 PM

Author
AlienS Vs. Predator? (Read 1,246 times)

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

I dunno if this has been said before but it really pisses me off. In a lot of comics and whatnot AvP stands for AlienS vs. Predator. This really annoys me. I see it like this. The only REAL time we've seen one Predator go up against many Aliens was in AVP:R and even that was a suicide mission. Predators usually hunt alone however when Aliens get thrown into the mix it seems to change things. IMO it should always be Alien vs. Predator. Even though there are large numbers of aliens it shouldn't make a difference. It's like Man. If we're speaking about the Alien race as a whole there's know need for the S. This is just IMO and thats basically what 90% of the AVP universe if based off of. What are your opinions?

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Does it matter?

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

Hardly but it's just one of those little things that erks me

War Wager

War Wager

Alien vs. Predator sounds a lot better. The added 'S' just doesn't sound right put all together.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It was called Aliens vs Predator (the franchise) because it was combining the Aliens comic book franchise (based off the second movie) with the Predator comic book franchise.

Personally, I don't care which name they use. It all means the same thing to me.

SM

SM

From memory Dark Horse only had the license to base comics on the second film.  Since Aliens was so popular on it's own, it only makes sense to market the crossover using the same title.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well in 1989, what else would they have based comics off of? Alien3 wasn't out yet, and Alien on its own doesn't really lend itself to many spin-off comics that couldn't be similarly covered by an Aliens license.

Besides, why wouldn't they have the license for the first film, anyway? It's all owned by FOX in its entirety, it's not like the Terminator franchise where "Terminator" and "T2" are literally owned by different people. It'd kinda be like saying "Dark Horse could make comics based on 'Empire Strikes Back' but not 'Return of the Jedi'." It doesn't make much sense.

SM

SM

I dunno.  Maybe it's similar to how the Alien, Predator and AvP licenses are all different (eg. just because you buy the Predator license doesn't automatically mean you can make AvP material).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hmm... fair enough. I guess it'd be interesting to know the history/details of the Aliens license at the time.

Although speaking of the Predator license, the video game 'Predator: Concrete Jungle' is chock-full of AvP material, but the copyright info for the game lists it as being Predator-specific. I dunno.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Hunter-Slayer on Sep 16, 2008, 06:36:01 PM
I dunno if this has been said before but it really pisses me off. In a lot of comics and whatnot AvP stands for AlienS vs. Predator. This really annoys me. I see it like this. The only REAL time we've seen one Predator go up against many Aliens was in AVP:R and even that was a suicide mission. Predators usually hunt alone however when Aliens get thrown into the mix it seems to change things. IMO it should always be Alien vs. Predator. Even though there are large numbers of aliens it shouldn't make a difference. It's like Man. If we're speaking about the Alien race as a whole there's know need for the S. This is just IMO and thats basically what 90% of the AVP universe if based off of. What are your opinions?

That annoys me too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed