Fox and it's rights and ownership of Aliens and Predator. AVP

Started by InFaHazel, Aug 11, 2008, 03:45:11 PM

Author
Fox and it's rights and ownership of Aliens and Predator. AVP (Read 654 times)

InFaHazel

Im wondering if fox's ownership of Aliens Or Predator will expire at any point ?

or since fox thinks the movies they own the right to make are to risky to make is it possible fox may sell the rights off in the future ?

i would be all for it if it improved the quality and amount of films and games we get as fans

i.e star wars clone wars coming out on W.B instead of FOX..

just curious

Cellien

Fox owns the IPs so they can do whatever they want.  I doubt they sell, but it's possible.  The Terminator franchise I believe has been bought and sold before.

Rafael S.

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 11, 2008, 04:16:04 PM
Fox owns the IPs so they can do whatever they want.  I doubt they sell, but it's possible.  The Terminator franchise I believe has been bought and sold before.

Wasn't is sold to MGM?

The Necronoir

Quote from: Rafael S. on Aug 11, 2008, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Aug 11, 2008, 04:16:04 PM
Wasn't is sold to MGM?
I believe the first film was owned by MGM for a while, but currently all Terminator IPs have been acquired by the Halcyon group, in preparation for the news films etc.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Can't some place decent like columbia pictures or WB.. lionsgate? pick up avp

SM

How?  It's a nice little earner for Fox.  Why on Earth would they sell it?  And they're never going to allow it to become public domain.

Quotei.e star wars clone wars coming out on W.B instead of FOX..

Lucasfilm owns Star Wars; not Fox.  Lucas sacrificed part of his directors salary on the first film for sequel and merch rights.  Then used the profits to finance the other films.  He is effectively an independent filmmaker.  Pretty sure he effectively owns Indiana Jones too - Fox, Paramount, Warners, whoever - just distribute the films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed