New (but small) info on the Aliens FPS!!!

Started by MetroidMatt87, Jun 02, 2007, 01:04:08 AM

Author
New (but small) info on the Aliens FPS!!! (Read 12,826 times)

Corporal Hicks

*shouts really load* Sony suck! Xbox FTW! *runs away as fast as he can*

ShadowPred

"Chases after him"

fluxcap

*throws PS3 in Corporal Hicks' general direction.

frosty_141

lfuxcap if you still have your ps3 then we shall team lol yeh the online is not great, but its free!!! and resistance plays fine, no slow down with 32players which is alright, so far i got resistance, fear, and oblivion, which i might add will probly rob me of my entire summer the game is soo awsome....but yeh.. erm if you still got it let me kno lol

ShadowPred

I would buy a P$3 if i had the money, $sony is stupid not to have lived up to the damn hype...hell, P$3 was being hyped about before the damn PS2 came out....WTF! $ony!

fluxcap

I took advantage of a deal EB had in which I traded in 10 games, and I got a PS3 for $399. Better than the $699 asking price here in Canada. But yea, the system is pretty underwhelming, its only killer-app in the time its been out is Resistance....wtf $ony indeed.

Heres hoping games like Aliens, Metal Gear Solid 4, Stronghold, Killzone 2, and Army of Two make the system worth it. Cause more than likely this generation of consoles will be my last.

ShadowPred

i don't think so most of those games are multi-platform

and there has been buch speculation of MGS4's exclusivity...most likely Killzone 2 or 3 as some sites are calling it, will be and exclusive to the P$3

Cpl Hudson

I would agree that this game co-op over xbox live would be awesome, the whole headset buddy feeling would be just the ticket for making you feel that you were playing the role of a colonial marine.  Am also hoping that this has single player offline co-op aswell, mcuh like halo does.  nothing would be better than inviting a mate round for a few hours, downing some beers, smoking a bowl, and blasting some alien scum with an M41A Pulse rifle!!  GET ON THE READY LINE MARINES!!!!

Yautja

A post was made in the Gearbox forums by a Gearbox Associate Producer regarding negative comments.

"Hugoagogo... you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Wait for us to release more info before you write it off or make assumptions.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

We want to make this game because we love Aliens. This is a passion project for the people involved and I know many of them would like to work on it even if it never made any money. Now we have every intention of making money... hopefully if everything goes well loads of money.  But we want that to be because it meets and exceeds the expectations of the Aliens fanbase (of which we are card carrying members).

So... relax and wait to see more info to decide if we're doing something you can be excited about or not. "

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=64282&page=2

Corporal Hicks

Yay for people who give a shit!

Cellien

@Yautja:  Thanks!  That is some great info you found   ;D

Redfield

i think this game is going to be great. the developers love the franchise, and thats the first step. i think  they'll create a classic like avp2.

beranmee

hey guys im new here as you can see from the amount of posts ive done that this will be my first :-[

im psyched to hear that a new Alien Game is on the way  ;D, from the early stage information it sounds very promising. better be some lines from the films in there 'GAME OVER MAN!!!!!!!! GAME OVER, WHAT DO WE DO NOW????!!!!!

but

i want to see an AVP 3, a pure multiplayer game, with maps taken from the films and also some original maps. Is it just me or does that sound pretty cool? customise your character for an individual look and specify the weapon types they prefer etc etc

gameoverman

Quote from: beranmee on Aug 30, 2007, 11:54:34 AM
i want to see an AVP 3, a pure multiplayer game, with maps taken from the films and also some original maps. Is it just me or does that sound pretty cool? customise your character for an individual look and specify the weapon types they prefer etc etc

I'd love another AVP game too but it looks like the closest we'll get for a while is AVP-R on the PSP.  :(

LukaKovach

I'm going to get a 360 just for this game. I've been waiting for years for a good Aliens game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed