New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,267,229 times)

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, recruit iain! Glad to have you!

theDecline84

hello everyone iam thedecline84. I am i big aliens/giger fan. i have been coming to avpg for a few years now but i just finally got around to signing up to the forum looking forward to discussing everything aliens and also picking on the predator fans lol JK i love the first predator film. Also great podcast and keep up the good work :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: iain on Apr 18, 2017, 07:17:23 PM
Hi everbody, im new here and would like to say hello to everybody. Been a fan since I was 12/13 when I saw Aliens & Alien 3 at a sleepover at a friends house and ive been a huge fan ever since. Ive always heard of avpgalaxy but never bothered checking it out until recently. Glad I finally checked it out and joined.

Glad to have you over here! You and Decline. Just a quick request though, iain.  When do you do share something you find over here can you provide a link back to our article? I noticed a post over on Scified where you copy and pasted our article about the TV spots but didn't provide a link back to the source. Thanks  :)

DavidCollins

It's such an honor to be part of this monumental group. I've been a huge fan of movie monsters all my life and these two creatures constantly stick out. The predator will always be my all time favorite and the alien will always be remembered as the reason i had countless sleepless nights growing up. Seriously looking forward to Alien Covenant coming out this May and The Predator next year. My username is of the shrewd and deadly guest from The Guest, another favorite movie of mine.

coconuthorse513

Hello! Alien has been my favorite movie ever since I saw it for the first time when I was a kid. I mainly joined this site to have a place to post a short story that I am working on that is set in the Alien universe. I hope you all will enjoy it when it is done! For now, I think I'll just lurk around the site which is a new find for me. :D

Goblinslayer

Greetings everyone!  I am one of those relics that is still mourning the loss of The Hive and only recently stumbled across this awesome site.  Huge fan of Alien movie series, signed Giger lithographs hang in my office, can't sleep until Covenant arrives and avid collector of unique Alien artifacts (sculpture) despite having run out of room light years ago.  Good to be here...

FiorinaFury161

Welcome in new recruits, and please excuse the dead facehuggers on the floor.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Welcome to the new members in the last few pages. I do notice that how many younger people got into the series with the first AVP movie and the recent video games. I guess the PG-13 rating in 2004 may have help.

Cosmik

Cosmik

Hello there !

My name is Romain, but it'll be "Cosmik" here ;)
I'm a 22 film student from France. I discovered Alien when my mom took me to a store where they were showing Alien 3 on the screens of the televisions the store was selling. I was around 8 at the time and I was already hooked. I collected the comics, saw the films, etc... Alien is one of my favorites fiction universe.
I also love, love, LOVE Predator. I met John McTiernan last year and I was litteraly sweating when he signed my Predator blu-ray.

Aside from that, I love animating, filming and writing. I'm also a big fan of cheeseburgers.
Sorry if my english isn't perfect, I'm trying to do my best but I still struggle sometimes...

I hope I'll have a good time here, I poster on multiples Aliens forum during my life : the now-dead "Galaxie Alien" ( french boards ), and the now sci-fied "Prometheusnews", but I heard things have changed over there  ;D

Have a good day !

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to all the new members! Always happy to see new names show up on my monitor!  :)

Quote from: Cosmik on Apr 30, 2017, 01:14:58 PM
I hope I'll have a good time here, I poster on multiples Aliens forum during my life : the now-dead "Galaxie Alien" ( french boards )

I thought Galaxie was still going?  ???

Cosmik

Cosmik

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2017, 11:17:54 AM
Welcome to all the new members! Always happy to see new names show up on my monitor!  :)

Quote from: Cosmik on Apr 30, 2017, 01:14:58 PM
I hope I'll have a good time here, I poster on multiples Aliens forum during my life : the now-dead "Galaxie Alien" ( french boards )

I thought Galaxie was still going?  ???

My bad, I meant "Planète Alien", not "Galaxie Alien", Galaxie still exist, but Planète is looong dead, sadly.

Corporal Hicks

I don't remember that one. Do you remember the URL? I'll Wayback it.

Darkness

Darkness

You mean this one: http://www.planete-alien.net/ ?

Vid

Vid

Hi, I'm Jon or vid, I've already been posting a little bit as I couldn't seem to find this thread!
I'll use my age as an excuse for that as unfortunately I'm nearly 46 and as a consequence tend to stay away from forums and the like. Ive been a monster fan since I can remember and an alien freak since I was 8 when my dad was going to see alien in the cinema and I was gutted I couldn't go. He bought me the illustrated story and the xeno model kit instead bless him.
Anyway with the imminent covenant, I thought I'd join to discuss stuff as most people I know aren't that bothered. Fools!

cucuchu

cucuchu

Greetings!

Name is Jason, age 33, and I've been an Alien fan since age 7. My mom who is still a huge sci-fi/horror fan decided it would be a good idea to let me watch James Cameron's Aliens one night with her when I was 7 and I feel like I can remember it very vividly. Afterwards, I went to go take a bath that night and remember I had stomach cramps (either all in my head or I ate something, was sick, who knows) and honestly believing I was going to have an alien tear through my stomach and that I was going to die right there. Somehow that morphed into me being obsessed with the franchise since then, and I was playing with all the toys and everything that came out around that time along with watching all the movies over and over.

Right now I am in the US Air Force and stationed near the Washington DC area. Married with two kids (4 and a half year old daughter and 4 month old son) and two dogs (one 5 and one 15 that I'm actually having to put down tomorrow). My wife has been a real trooper with dealing with me having her watch all the alien films two times now and luckily she has a legitimate interest in the franchise now and will be going with me to see Alien: Covenant on release day...though I'll be going myself the night before to see it beforehand. I also took leave from work strictly to drive 5 hours to get up to New Jersey which was the nearest location showing Alien on Alien day and the A:C footage. Do not regret it at all!

As far as where my interests are with the franchise now, I am hoping the prequels develop the larger questions presented by Prometheus while also keeping the horror elements that A:C is bringing back in. I know that the engineers might be extinct after A:C but feel that there are other avenues to explore in regards to other lifeforms above even them. That being said, I think a proper series on HBO with a solid budget and creative freedom would be a Colonial Marines series. It would not have to include the Xeno's but perhaps be its own thing and focus on the politics of everything that is going on along with any number of interesting stories that can be followed parallel to the Alien series. I also want a proper Alien: Isolation sequel because I loved that game! I played all the AVP games as well and Aliens Online back in the day but it don't look like we are getting another one of those any time soon.

Guess I have rambled on enough! I hope to contribute to discussions here and offer the perspective on a life-long Alien fan, which I know this forum has plenty of already but whats the harm in another :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed